Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD

Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD

Cardiac Surgery  ·
Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD is a cardiac surgery specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1997 and specializes in cardiac surgery.Read his story

300 Longwood Ave Fl 2

Boston, MA 02115

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Emani

Dr. Emani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Emani "Following completion of training in adult cardiothoracic surgery and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery, I joined the staff at Boston Children's Hospital. I am the surgical director for the complex biventricular repair program, and adult congenital heart program. My clinical expertise also includes valve repair and replacement strategies, neonatal heart surgery, and minimally invasive surgery for children. My research efforts include strategies to "grow" a left heart – including stem cell therapy - in patients with borderline left heart who otherwise would undergo single ventricle palliation. A major problem in children with heart valve disease is the lack of a valve that can grow as a child grows. This motivated me to pursue a design of expandable valve technologies, to reduce the need for reoperation in children. Additional research interests include use of 3-D printing for surgical planning and understanding the clotting system in children after heart surgery. Dr. Emani serves as an expert for the Department of Cardiac Surgery for BCH's Precision Medicine Service."

This content was provided by Dr. Emani "Although originally an engineer by training, I found my true inspiration to be children and adults with congenital heart disease.

With just a little help from doctors and surgeons, a patient with CHD can recover to do amazing things, and this has motivated me to dedicate my life to such "warriors".  I try to combine my experience as an engineer to bring new technology and innovative solutions to difficult problems, but find the greatest satisfaction in seeing a child run, laugh, and play even after major surgery. My adult patients with congenital heart disease were the trailblazers for our field as they were among the first to undergo many of the surgeries we perform today.  But they may need further surgeries later in adulthood, and have unique needs that we address with our combined adult congenital heart program.   My research and device development work is totally motivated by my CHD warriors young and old, as we find ways to solve complex problems together."

• Cardiac Surgery

• Neonatal (Newborn) Infection
  • Pulmonary Valve Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Tetralogy of Fallot

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Northwestern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Duke University Medical Center (General/Thoracic Surgery)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Duke University Medical Center (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Boston Children's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Emani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Emani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Emani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Emani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Emani

Dr. Emani?
Dr. Emani's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Emani is very professional but also very personable. My daughter had heart surgery, and he made us feel comfortable during a stressful time. He explained the procedure in a way we could understand and took time to answer any questions. The surgery went amazing and we couldn't have asked for...Read More
Lynne in Franklin, MA – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Very conscientious and thorough. Genuinely caring. He provides patients and families utmost priority. Works with excellent surgical, medical and nursing teams and in superb hospital.
Sanjay in Ft Worth, TX – Aug 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sitaram Emani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Emani?