Dr. Siobhan Dunnavant, MD

Dr. Siobhan Dunnavant, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
35 reviews

Dr. Siobhan Dunnavant, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Dunnavant is affiliated with Parham Doctors' Hospital, Retreat Doctors' Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital....See Less

OBGYN Associates

7601 Forest Ave Ste 228

Richmond, VA 23229

• Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)

Learn about Dr. Dunnavant

Dunnavant has a special interest in making pregnancy a positive experience despite any hardships that may unfold. She also believes her role is to listen and educate her patients empowering them to take care of themselves. Finally, she believes that medical decisions require both clinical evidence and patient?s personal preference.

Dr. Dunnavant's Experience

Dr. Dunnavant's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Pelvic Exams
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Randolph Macon Womens College
  • Eastern Virginia Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Eastern Virginia Medical Center, Norfolk Va
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Dunnavant has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dunnavant does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunnavant and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dunnavant's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dunnavant to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Dunnavant's Performance
Williamsburg, VA |
I see a lot of people are giving her 1 star due to her political stances, haha. That is ignorant. Anyway, while I don't agree with her politically, as a doctor, she is exceptional. I have been seeing her for 10 years and she has helped me with so much. She always listens and always provides help. Extremely knowledgable. She delivered my daughter. I completely trust her as a doctor. She is a great doctor. I haven't noticed a change in her since she became in the senate.
Richmond, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Dunnavant for years. After this past visit, I will be finding a new doctor. She was rude, I felt rushed and she didn't even remember performing a hysterectomy on me a year ago. When I used to visit, she always had time to speak to her patients and ask about families and babies she had delivered. This is not the case anymore. It seems that her interest in patient care is lacking greatly these days. Very disappointed.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at OBGYN Associates, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with Wendy Anderson at OBGYN Associates. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call 804-741-0440.
in Glen Allen, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Dunnavant for 15 years. She quickly became my friend, in addition to being my doctor. I am so grateful for her! She is professional, kind, patient, and thoughtful. She has the utmost integrity, and her concern for her patients is unmatched. Dr. Dunnavant is easy to talk to and always goes the extra mile to make sure her patients receive the best care. I love Dr. Dunnavant and have recommended her to all of my friends and family (many of whom are now her patients too)
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Richmond, VA |
I always look forward to my annual visit as I know Dr Dunnavant will listen with a caring ear and answer my questions in a direct and expert response. My daughter and I are both her patients so I always have a few pictures of my darling grandsons she delivered. It makes for a special visit.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Dunnavant makes every effort to give good medical treatment and takes time to answer my questions. Understanding and values her patients. I recommend her care to others.
Norfolk, VA |
It is a disgrace that an OB/GYN can't see the harm in denying health care to women who need it
in Richmond, VA |
Despite three phone calls to express a concern, I was told that I didn't need an appointment right away. I was asked to wait a couple of weeks. Dr. Dunnavant was dismissive, condescending and deceptive. If she didn't view my concern as valid, she should have taken the time to discuss it with me.
We are so sorry to hear about this. Please call Laura Morello, Practice Manager at 804-741-0440 so that we can address these concerns and work to make improvements at the practice.
in Richmond, VA |
I've never felt better about my health.
Richmond, VA |
Having been a longtime patient, I am sad to say that Dr. Dunnavant's standard of care has greatly diminished. Multiple recent experiences within the past year have found her to be dismissive and rude with regard to prenatal questions and concerns. Wait times vary, but office visits are very short and seemingly rushed. Our family is very disappointed in Dunnavant and her practice. One cannot help but wonder if her dual role as doctor and Senator has affected her ability to provide quality OB-GYN.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. Dunnavant is one of the greatest human beings on the planet. She delivered all three of my children with skilled expertise and true compassion. She provided me with the utmost care and attention with all my pregnancy and post partum concerns. She is wise, seasoned and advocates on behalf of her patients. She feels like family. My husband and I are so grateful for her.
in Henrico, VA |
Dr. Dunnavant is an amazing doctor. She goes above & beyond to care for all of her patients taking any amount of time patients require. She is kind, courteous & cares about every one of her patients. She has delivered both of my children & gave beyond excellent care for both. She shows genuine concern when her patients express concerns & ensures she addresses them all before they leave. Dr. Dunnavant & her staff are absolutely wonderful & this box doesn't give enough characters to express such.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. DUNNAVANT is absolutely amazing! From our first appointment in Jan. 2015, as she came highly recommended by other friends & fellow moms, I knew she was the right fit for us. She paid attention to detail, was highly knowledgeable, as I was a high-risk patient, and she was/is extremely personable. It was a pleasure seeing her monthly and then weekly for my checkups. I trust Dr.Dunnavant with my care and appreciate her expertise and love for her patients. A+++++
in Richmond, VA |
She was rude, condescending, and dismissive of legitimate medical concerns. Additionally, there was an exceptionally long wait and an exceptionally brief amount of time spent with the doctor. A very negative experience- would not recommend to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Siobhan Dunnavant, MD?

Visit Dr. Dunnavant

Dr. Dunnavant accepts 9 insurance carriers
    Carelink PPO
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO