Dr. Simona Scumpia, MD

Endocrinology | Female

2200 Park Bend Dr Bldg 3 Austin, TX 78758 Get Directions
Dr. Simona Scumpia, MD

Dr. Simona Scumpia, MD is an endocrinology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. She is 62 years old. Dr. Scumpia is affiliated with St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center and St. David's Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Scumpia's Experience

See how Dr. Scumpia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scumpia

Dr. Scumpia accepts 27 insurance carriers

Dr. Scumpia is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Scumpia has admitting privileges.

Dr. Scumpia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scumpia to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Scumpia's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Austin, TX |
7-20-2017 I am about to turn 70 later this year and have recently retired after more than 41 years of law practice in Austin. Over the course of my life as well as in my law practice, I have dealt with many, many physicians covering a wide range of medical specialties. When it comes to endocrinological diseases and related medical issues, I recommend Dr. Simone Scumpia and her staff enthusiastically and without reservation.
Texas |
Dr. Scumpia has done an excellent job in treating my thyroid condition and I appreciate how she really listens to me. Currently I am working with the dietician to balance my diet. Rather than selecting a packaged weight loss plan, we designed an old fashioned behavior modification plan. I've been making slow and steady progress towards not only my weight loss goals but overall fitness and well being. I'm very happy to have found her and look forward to many years with Dr. Scumpia as my doctor.
in Lockhart, Tx |
I have been a patient of Dr. Scumpia's since November of 2016. The check in process is quick and I often only spend minutes waiting to see the doctor after my arrival. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous and very efficient. Dr. Scumpia herself is to the point of your visit. Sure, she doesn't spend a lot of time talking about unrelated issues but the lady knows her stuff. I prefer to get in, get taken care of, and get out. So it definitely works really well.
Austin, TX |
She's thorough in the tests she prescribes but her patient communication skills are robot-like.
in Harker Heights, TX |
I am a military wife who has seen many, many endocrinologists since I was born. Dr. Scumpia is by far the best one I have seen. If you're looking for a doctor to tell you what you want to hear, don't bother coming to her. Her main concern is your health, not your feelings. She is a straight shooter who will tell you exactly what you need to know to get you healthy again. Her staff is professional, her office is immaculate, the wait time is reasonable (usually quick), and I highly recommend her!!
in Austin, TX |
Very much money minded, dont recommend for others.
in Austin, TX |
If I could give a ranking of zero, I would. Dr. Scumpia is a dishonest, unethical doctor that should have her medical license revoked. Don't ever think of asking a simple question about your treatment plan, because in her eyes she is never wrong about anything - she would have rather cut me open for an unnecessary surgical procedure than do another round of simple lab work. And God forbid she ever obtains or reviews your medical records from a previous provider. Rude and full of ego - STAY AWAY!
in Round Rock, TX |
I have been going to Dr Scumpia for 2 years now. She is very thorough with her time and testing. She is not there to be your friend, she is your doctor. Yes, she may seem harsh and yes her time with you is limited. My advise...have your questions ready for her and fire them off when you see her. Don't assume she does not care if you do not ask pertinent questions about your care. If you have a questions, ask it.
in Cedar Park, TX |
After relocating here, I have been seeing Dr. Scumpia for 2+ years. She took a meaningful, personal interest in my health conditions. She is a first-rate diagnostician and a caring physician and person. She diagnosed issues missed by other clinicians. She discussed multiple treatment options and recommended the most conservative treatment approach. I would recommend my family to see her, which is the highest praise one can pay a physician.
in Lago Vista, Tx |
We are seeing Dr Scumpia for my husband's diabetic and thyroid problems. I have been amazed at the knowledge we have gained in helping manage his disease states.Dr Scumpia was able to do testing in the office. She was very thorough in explaining the health issues, the treatment and support staff there to help us establish a plan of care. Dr Scumpia was respectful to both of us, always offering praise when progress was made. The dietician has helped with improvement in weight and sugar control
Dr. Scumpia does an excellent job and I appreciate her honesty and straight forward manner. She provides the thorough and comprehensive care that I searched for many years to find. I have had no problems whatsoever with appointments, wait times, billing, or interactions. I have a budget for medical expenses and have been provided with any charges for procedures prior to having them. Honestly, I've found Dr. Scumpia and her staff to be very professional and friendly.
in Austin, TX |
New patient visit & last. My impression, she wasnt a fan of blacks. Had a ultrasound on my thyroid, didnt even explain the results. Tried to establish rapport, ask questions bout my ultrasound got no eye contract, talked under her skin. Ordered blood test & follow up appt. No thank you, have a great day. Rude assistant. Poor staffing, hard to make or cancel appts have to leave message & hope call is returned. NEVER GOING BACK! Seeking new Dr with a dr/patient relationship and friendlier staff.
Austin, TX |
Okay, yes, her interpersonal skills can be interpreted as unfriendly and, yes, you will not feel like your getting to know your doctor because there will likely be only a short amount of time you spend talking. However, her credentials speak for themselves. She seems very thorough and intent on finding a treatment plan for her patients. The office is large and well equipped for several common tests (including a Quest Lab). The staff (haven't met all of them) are friendly and helpful.
Austin, TX |
Very rude doctor. Could care less what your symptoms are. She willnjust order every blood test to charge for them. Ive been 3 times and all 3, she hardly spent even 5 minutes listening to my symptoms.. Its like begging her to hear ya'. She is not nice either. She has no tact or compassion. Don't go to her.
in Houston, TX |
My rating is actually zero stars. I wish I would have read the reviews before I went. Wait time was over an hour for both of my appointments. I cancelled my third appointment 4 days in advance for which I was charged $25. When I called to ask that the cancellation charge be removed, I was VERY RUDELY refused by the billing person. Shoddy business. Don't go there. Oh... and NONE of her recommendations helped!
Austin, TX |
It's tough to get an appointment but she is GOOD.
Austin, TX |
worst doctor i ever met in united states.
Have you seen Dr. Simona Scumpia, MD?
Are you Dr. Scumpia?

Compare Dr. Scumpia

Dr. Scumpia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology

Dr. Scumpia has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Scumpia's Board Certifications

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

• French
  • German
  • Romanian

Dr. Scumpia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scumpia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology