Dr. Simon Oh, MD

Dr. Simon Oh, MD

Neurology  |

Simon C. Oh, M.D. graduated from the undergraduate business program at Carnegie Mellon University in 1994 and worked in both the public and private sectors before pursuing a career in medicine. He attended the University of Maryland School of Medicine and graduated in 2004. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine, residency in Neurology, and fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. During his training at the University of Wisconsin, he served as the Chief Resident and was heavily involved in medical student and resident education. He was voted the Most Outstanding Neurosciences Resident by the UW medical school class of 2007. Before coming to Colorado, he was the neuromuscular specialist at the Marshfield Clinic where he was also involved in medical student and resident education. Dr. Oh is board certified in Neurology. He sees patients with a variety of neurological disorders, but has special interests in neuromuscular disorders, including peripheral neuropathies, myopathies, neuromuscular junction transmission defects, and motor neuron disease. Dr. Oh lectures across the country on various topics, including chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). He also has fellowship training in electrodiagnostic procedures, such as EMG/nerve conduction studies. Dr. Oh remains an independent practitioner and practices out of Aurora, CO. Through dedication to patient care and a relentless focus on finding underlying causes of ailments, Dr. Oh has developed one of the busiest practices in Colorado with patients coming from all over the state. He also draws patients from Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Georgia, and Florida.

Colorado Neurology Center

• HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Oh

Dr. Oh's Experience

Dr. Oh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polymyositis
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Carnegie Mellon U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Oh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

The Medical Center of Aurora

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Stroke Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Oh is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Oh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oh to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Oh's Performance
colorado |
Not a migraine specialist. I ended up spending a lot of money doing "try this' or 'try that' but there was no scientific analysis to get to the root of the problem.
in Denver, CO |
This rating is for the office management, not the Doctor. I was never able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Oh because of misinformation and mismanagement by the office. I was told during my initial conversation with the office that in order to schedule an appointment I had to provide a referral. I explained that I had temporarily moved into the area and my primary care physician was out of state, I wouldn't be able to see him and I didn't have another primary care physician in the area.
in Castle Rock, CO |
My wife tried to set up an appointment and was declined to be seen as a patient. The reason given was, "she did not live in the region". She lives in Castle Rock. Looking at his own patient reviews, he at least has patients from Northglenn, Fort Collins, Englewood, Commerce City, Centennial, Denver, and Parker. If he decides not to accept further patients, that is his prerogative and I can accept that. However, it appears there is something discriminatory going on here. The excuse sounds lame.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Oh and his staff are top notch. I have been a patient for many years now and I recommend him to everyone that will listen. His NP is hard working and we'll trained. I have never seen a harder working MA crew, and his office support staff is skilled, kind, and well trained.
in Aurora, CO |
After looking for the last two years for an honestly GOOD Doctor, I finally found Dr. Simon!!! He's a wonderful Doc. who makes you feel important as a patient and not only listens but, remembers WHO you are!! Very impressed and thankful to have found Dr. Simon. If you choose This Doc. you are making a GREAT choice and your search also will end here!! Dr. Simon is the only Doc I would ever recommend.
in Aurora, CO |
No on call or after hours doctor. Your lucky if the back office calls you back within 24 hers even when you have an urgent medical question. I gave Dr. Oh and his office a year to solve my vertigo issues and now I'm still having troubles and missing work. He doesn't listen to his patients. He once had to give me my Botox shot while I was laying on the floor of his office because he didn't believe me when I said I was going to pass out. Now I'm shopping for a new doctor.
in Aurora, CO |
In what, for me, has been a long line of incompetent and uncaring medical "professionals," Dr. Oh was a breath of fresh air. Not only was he knowledgeable and efficient, but he is incredibly adept at his job, making what was supposed to be a painful procedure quick and relatively painless. His engaging and friendly manner put me at ease and helped distract me from the unavoidable discomfort, and an immediate diagnosis was a refreshing change, instead of having to wait for an evaluation. THANKS!
in Aurora, CO |
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Oh as a patient. He takes time and patience and has good "bedside manners." He made me feel like a person, not like a "piece of equipment" on my visits.
in Aurora, Co |
Dr. Oh is a very caring person, he is the doctor that talks to you and listens. He makes you feel like you are dealing with family. My husband and I both think he is very knowledgeable and very intelligent, his reputation within the medical field is impeccable!!
in Englewood, CO |
Dr Oh is an amazing Doctor. I have a rare form of a rare autoimmune disease. Needless to say it's been a frustrating journey for me. Dr Oh has always been kind & patient, answering all of my questions fully and spending the time with me that was necessary. I never feel rushed like I have with other neurologists. Recently he and his staff have gone above and beyond in helping me deal with my insurance company who is denying me my treatment. Dr Oh is pleasant and reassuring. Blessed to have him!
in Northglenn, CO |
I've seen Dr. Oh twice. Very through doc, very personable. Let's just say that I have a lot of complications and have seen a lot of docs, including docs I have worked for, and his patient interaction is among the best I've seen. If he doesn't know, he schedules you for tests. To the negative reviewer who posted that no one from the office checked on them after starting on a new medication, the only time I've ever had docs do that is in a clinical trial. It's the patient's job to follow up.
in Ft Collins, CO |
I have been going to Dr. Oh now for a number of years and I have always found him to be very professional, courteous and caring. I have found his course of treatment to be helpful and my condition has improved. I really like the fact that he listens to me and is proactive with his approach to my treatment. I am willing to drive to Aurora from Fort Collins in order to have him as my doctor. I highly recommend him.
in Englewood, CO |
Dr. Oh is amazing, caring, intelligent & thorough. An example of his dedication is seeing me during the March 23rd blizzard. He arrived at his office at 4 am to beat the storm. The symptoms I displayed stymied ER doctors and my GP, but he and his PA,Christina, gathered my information and LISTENED to my issues. He conducted a nerve test & diagnosed me that day with CIDP, which was so important as early & aggressive treatment is vital. I have found MA, Tricia, to be equally dedicated and efficient
in Thornton CO |
Dr is very considerate compassionate and intelligent. Wonderful bedside manner . Very trusting nature. Feel at ease right away. Entire staff was very nice and extremely helpful. Will be my Doctor till i expire lol...
in Commerce City, CO |
I am currently a patient of Dr. Oh's and I can say my life has changed so much from what it use to be. I suffered from almost daily migraines. I couldn't do things that I had wanted to do and I felt like I wasn't really living a life, just existing. After meeting Dr. Oh and developing a treatment plan that works for me, I am now living my life and nothing is slowing me down. Dr. Oh gave me my life back. He is an amazing, kind-hearted doctor, that truly cares about people. I will recommend him
in Commerce City, CO |
I was referred to Dr. Oh by Dr. Oro 3 years ago after having a brain decompression and a titanium plate put in due to having Chiari Malformation in 08.There's no cure for Chiari. I have extreme headaches and neurological damage. Dr. Oh has changes my life and also my youngest daughters life who also has Chiari. .Medications and medical Botox injections allow us both to live a some what normal life that other wise wouldn't happen. Dr. Oh is dedicated, passionate and committed to his patients.
in Aurora, CO |
I went to Dr Oh because of his reviews. I had dizziness all the time and he thought he knew what was causing it. He had an MRI done of my brain which was normal and blood work done which showed a shortage of B12 Finally he stated he had no idea what was causing my issues and scheduled me for therapy. The therapy center didn't take my insurance so I decided to persue another doctor. An MRI of my spine showed the problem and I went to him twice and went to a neurosurgeon to have it corrected.
in Aurora, CO |
His office staff is lacking professionally, the whole office is disorganized. Dr. Oh is not someone I would refer to anyone. Donohue has very little bedside manners and brings no value to the patient. Very disappointed another doctor referred me to Dr. Oh.
in Denver, CO |
I was extremely dissatisfied with my interaction with Dr Oh. Although he seemed to understand my condition, he did virtually nothing to help me. There was no recommendation for any therapy nor rehab work & besides taking more vitamins, he said that he thought I'd get better in a month. My experience with him was very disappointing & disheartening. Christina, the PA, was more helpful than Dr Oh
in Parker, CO |
Dr. Oh helped me get migraines under control. He is an excellent practitioner and he is compassionate and pleasant. I couldn't recommend him more.
Centennial |
I have suffered from migraine headaches for many years. I was referred to Dr Oh who tried a medication I had not yet tried. His office never attempted to check on my heath through the process of trying a new medication. I found myself dealing with major side effects. When calling for help, I recieved a insensitive and rude attitude from his medical staff. I have since found another MD who has listened closely to my needs.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Oh and his staff are amazing!!! Following a MVA in 2009 I was misdiagnosed for nearly 5 years, then I found Dr. Oh. It is amazing how much I have improved since becoming one of Dr. Oh's patients! Thank you Dr. Oh and staff!
Have you seen Dr. Simon Oh, MD?
Are you Dr. Oh?