Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Simon Lee, MD
Dr. Simon Lee, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Lee

Most of us who went into orthopedic surgery, I think, were interested in helping patients improving and maintaining their quality of life and their functional aspects in life. And so in orthopedic surgery, as a foot and ankle specialist, typically we can do things that kind of get patients back on track, get them back where they were before. My general philosophy is like the golden rule: treat others as you would like them to treat you. And so typically I like to look at them and think of treating them as I would want my own family member treated in terms of what I think is the best option for them, depending on what their particular goals are as well as what their fears and concerns are in terms of any of the treatment or the injury or problem that they're coming to see me for.

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Hip Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • University Of Illinois Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Miller Orthopaedic Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Lee's Performance
Justice, IL |
Dr. Lee was recommended, so I went to him. He told me he thought it was a bone cyst in my foot after he didn't see anything in my x-rays. He ordered an MRI and said he'd get back to me in 24-48 hours later. Three days later, I still hadnt heard so I called the office. They said they'd have him call me. Another day goes by until he finally calls. He basically said he didn't see anything and he wasn't going to recommend any further testing and he won't do anything to help.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr Lee did an amazing job! I had a previous ruptured achilles that was repaired in Ohio from a local Surgeon. The previous Surgeon used mesh to repair the tendon, causing a need for 2 additional surgeries for debridement. In turn, I had been on an antibiotic for 3 1/2 years due to an infection from the mesh. Dr Lee was able to completely remove all the mesh! I never had any drainage or any problems from the surgery! High recommend using Dr Lee!
in WESTCHESTER |
I absolutely LOVE this office(Westchester) Front desk is always friendly.Dr.Lee couldn't be more caring,he explain exactly what is wrong and how we are going to repair. The WHOLE STAFF is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!
in Lemont, IL |
Dr. Simon Lee is an awesome Dr. specializing in Ortho for feet. He has done 5 of my foot surgeries and have found his care, compassion and expertise are what any patient would dream for in their doctor. I Highly recommend Dr. Lee!
Naperville, IL |
After 2 frustrating years of dealing with chronic tendonitis in my daughters foot, we finally found Dr. Lee who correctly diagnosed her with os trigonum. (An extra bone that sometimes develops in the ankle). Dr. Lee gave us various options to try and manage the pain, but also thoroughly explained how surgery would immediately correct the situation. We opted for ankle surgery. Three days later my daughter was walking on her foot and 4 weeks later she was tumbling on it. He's simply the best!!!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Lee operated on my left foot mid October, and it's been an absolute success! I had been in so much pain that I had to significantly curtail my activities for a long period of time. The surgery has completely alleviated my foot pain, and now I'm gradually returning to all of my activities. Dr. Lee's team was always extremely helpful, and responded very quickly to my calls and questions. I'm very comfortable recommending Dr. Lee to my friends and family.
Orland Park, IL |
Dr. Lee's PA made suggestions for my ongoing symptoms which he ignored. He basically dismissed my concerns. I wouldn't take my dog to him.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Lee is a very conscientious surgeon. He and his staff are very committed to excellence, and I was satisfied with my surgical outcome.
in Orland Park, IL |
I waited a very long time to have ankle surgery after what I considered to be a botched surgery many years ago and also arthritis in the joint had taken a toll. I went to Dr. Lee for a second opinion and after meeting with him I decided to choose him & Rush Chicago for my surgery. Dr. Lee is a very confident and thoughtful M.D. who listens and I think gives you the best solution options for your age and lifestyle etc. Very happy with the staff and office visits were efficient and quick*****
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Lee was recommended to me by the orthopedic surgeon who scoped both of my knees (I am a runner). He said there were only 2 doctors in the state he would want to rebuild my foot after a fall, and Dr. Lee was one of them. Dr. Lee was very conservative in his approach to my foot, and had me do 3 month of therapy to see if I could avoid surgery. When it was evident that I needed the surgery to alleviate pain and restore full foot function, we went ahead with it. It turned out great!
in Chicago, IL |
My podiatrist warned me that a surgeon would unlikely operate on my foot due to a previous misdiagnosis and length of time since injury. Plus my age - over 60. Dr Lee took the time to listen, to understand my lifestyle, energy levels and love for a certain sport. He undertook the tough job of restructuring my ankle tendon. Perfectly. He is a good, kind, compassionate and very talented doctor - sometimes a rare combination these days. I'm back to good as new.
Have you seen Dr. Simon Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?