Dr. Simon Fishman, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 49

Telehealth services available

Integrated Neurology Services

6355 Walker Ln Ste 313 Alexandria, VA 22310

Dr. Simon Fishman, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Alexandria, VA and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fishman has more experience with Neuromuscular and Movement Disorders, Headache, and Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fishman to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Fishman with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Reston Hospital Center.

Make an appointment at Reston Hospital Center today at (703) 651-2319.

These providers are on the medical staff of Reston Hospital Center.

Dr. Fishman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fishman

3.5

Dr. Fishman?
  • Explained conditions well (49)
  • Office environment (48)
  • Appointment scheduling (46)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (21)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (21)
  • Appointment was rushed (17)
I have been seeing Dr. Fishman at Integrated Neurology Services for over 6 years for migraines. The first time I saw him, I had a migraine that had been constant for 3 weeks that would not go away with any treatment. My first referral was to another facility that had previously seen me for an unrelated childbirth issue but they would not provide an appointment for 3 months, even when I expressed my level of pain. Dr. Fishman's office scheduled me for the following week and were extremely apologetic that they couldn't see me earlier. Dr. Fishman listens to what I have to say and changes the treatment based on our discussions. We've tried several different techniques and treatments, all of which have provided relief. When side effects were undesirable, we changed the course of action, after discussing everything. I have never felt rushed in his office. I have felt listened to and consulted for my treatment. I feel like Dr. Fishman cares for his patients and works to heal them.
Heidi – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Fishman for several years. He was able to quickly diagnose my condition and recommend a treatment plan. I felt that I was given a voice in decisions to be made. On a personal note, he is caring, takes his time and I never feel that he is in a rush to get to the next patient. I highly recommend Dr. Fishman. His staff has always been extremely kind and help, both at the Lorton and Alexandria offices.
KLux – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Fishman for 11 years now. He is very knowledgable and makes sure my medicine is working through bloodwork and yearly checkups. It's easy to get an appointment with him in the event of emergencies. I am impressed with his professionalism and dedication to good service.
Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Short and to the point. Expectation I could not keep. Asked me to wrap my elbows in towels or some likely wrap. That it would take 2 weeks to change my habit of bending my elbows completely. I have pain in my upper arms when bended. My concentration span does not take me this long.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
i have been suffering from vertigo and neuropathy for over 8 years. He couldnt have kicked me out of his office faster as he stated that he does not work with patients on disability. He said he wouldnt charge me for the visit so he earned 1 star for that courtesy.
kristin in woodbridge, VA – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
I really appreciated the thoroughness of the doctor and the minimal wait time. The office itself was super clean and had a really professionally maintained feel overall. Great experience here!
Julie – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Fishman @ Integrated Neurology Solutions for about 8 years now. I have chronic migraines that had become extremely debilitating and more severe as time went on. They became so frequent that I was suffering from severe migraines about 3-5 days of every week. Since the migraines 1st began in my 20's, I have been to countless doctors, specialists, ER's, had missed days of work, spent vacations cooped up in a dark hotel room, and have taken literally EVERY migraine Rx and pain
Kirk in Alexandria, VA – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Dr. Fishman was incredible. He was friendly, kind and most importantly...diagnosed and fixed my migraines. He spent time with me, engaged with me, and gave me insight (and say) in health care options. I generally avoid doctors, but I would have no issues visiting Dr. Fishman for any needs. He was wonderful. On a side note - his office was wonderful. They worked with me to get me in as fast as possible, and called me with earlier appointments to get me seen more quickly.
B. Patti in Alexandria, VA – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
The staff has gone out of their way to get an appointment for me and assist with insurance, if I could give them a 10 I would. I am a new patient for Dr. Fishman. I found him to be very thorough in reviewing my history and explaining answers to my questions. Dr. Fishman has a very calm quiet demeanor which I found very reassuring during my visits. I was very sorry to read some of the negative reviews, as they did not reflect my experience at all.
Kathryn – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Horrifying bedside manner???? Exttemely arrogant and egotistical! Very uncompassionate interaction. This Dr needs a good dose of real life difficultly to relate to real people! Please seek other help! Mean and uncaring!
May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Doctor is seemingly knowledgeable and treated me for years for constant headaches. He recommended Botox and it helped somewhat. However, the office and billing were infuriating. They screwed up my bill with the insurance and it took me a year to resolve, and they never even apologized for the error. When I got a new neurologist it turned out Dr. Fishman was giving me too low a dose and he never mentioned it to me. How strange to not discuss the finer points of your patient's treatment with them!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
"Literally the worst,most degrading,belittling,rude, ignorant,and pretentious doctor I've ever met.Awful bedside manner, care, medical knowledge, practice, and treatment.Disrespectful and cruel. Tried to make me feel stupid/crazy saying my symptoms were all in my head, 1st question he asked me if I've been sexually abused,and said I should just see a psychiatrist, when I actually was suffering from and finally diagnosed with Lyme disease,fibromyalgia,and spondylitis. Do NOT go to this jerk ever.
Fairfax, VA – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Although I do believe that Dr. fishman wishes to do no harm, my experience was less than pleasant. During testing, he talked to the nurse about a more interesting patient he had just seen while not explaining the needles he was using with my testing. I felt like I was a less interesting headache case but worst was I was given a prescription for 5x the dosage oral steroids I was supposed to without an apology later after realizing the prescription had been incorrect. I had called in very ill.
Charlottesville, VA – Mar 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
Seriously the best neuro I've ever been to. He takes his time with you. Listens to all of your concerns and asks questions about your life outside of why you're there to see him. Truly caring. He takes all the time YOU need. You don't feel rushed out of the exam room. Only downside is that this leads to long wait times, but it's worth it for the level of care Dr. Fishman gives.
NFE in Ashburn, VA – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Fishman for about a year now. I suffer from headaches and he has been working with me to get them under control, He is a very patient and kind doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a good Neurologist.
Joanne M in Alexandria, VA – Jan 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fishman?

Because no two neurology or sleep patients are the same, our practice focuses on creating an individualized plan of care for each patient. We have the...Read more

• Neurology

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
1991
Pennsylvania State Univ

• Russian

Does Dr. Simon Fishman, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Fishman has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Simon Fishman, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Simon Fishman, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Fishman's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Simon Fishman, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Fishman accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Simon Fishman, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Fishman frequently treats Neuromuscular and Movement Disorders, Headache, and Neurodegenerative Disorders. See all practice areas where Dr. Fishman specializes.

Where is Dr. Simon Fishman, MD's office located?

Dr. Fishman's office is located at 6355 Walker Ln Ste 313, Alexandria, VA 22310. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Simon Fishman, MD speak?

Dr. Fishman speaks Russian and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Simon Fishman, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Fishman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Fishman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Fishman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (703) 313-9111.

Neuromuscular and Movement Disorders

Neuromuscular and movement disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions marked by uncontrolled or unwanted physical movements caused by disruptions in nerve and muscle function.Compare with other Neuromuscular and Movement Disorders specialists.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

Restless Leg Syndrome
Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Essential Tremor

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Treatments
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Menstrual Migraine
Tension Headache

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson's Disease
Dementia
Alzheimer's Disease

General Neurological Disorders

General neurological disorder specialists diagnose and treat a range of conditions such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson's disease that affect your brain, spinal cord or nerves, anywhere throughout your body.Compare with other General Neurological Disorders specialists.

Based on claims data for 27 conditions and procedures

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Memory Disorders
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Mitochondrial Diseases
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Muscle Diseases
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Dr. Fishman accepts

Dr. Fishman accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO