Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Silvia McKevitt, MD
Dr. Silvia McKevitt is an ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyebrows, eyelids, tear drain and eye socket. Dr. McKevitt strives to provide meticulous, exceptional, safe and customized oculoplastic procedures to each and every patient. Dr. McKevitt practices in the greater Seattle area. Dr. McKevitt is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Washington Association of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. In addition to her practice at Eye Plastics NW, Dr. McKevitt is also a staff physician at Valley Medical Center/UW Medical Center. Dr. McKevitt earned her MD from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, which ranks in the Top 15% of Medical Schools listed in the annual U.S. News & World Reports. Dr. McKevitt completed her internship at Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, Texas and her residency in ophthalmology and fellowship in oculoplastic surgery at the Dean McGee Eye Institute in Oklahoma City. Born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, Dr. McKevitt graduated from Rice University, ranked as a Top Tier University by U.S. News & World Reports. From 2006 until founding her own practice in May 2012, Dr. McKevitt was a practicing oculoplastic surgeon at Specialty Eye Care Centre in Bellevue and Seattle. When not seeing patients, Dr. McKevitt enjoys spending time with her husband and two children and exploring Seattle with her friends and family.

4300 Talbot Rd S Ste 311

Renton, WA 98055

Dr. Silvia McKevitt, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. McKevitt

Dr. Mckevitt strives to provide meticulous, exceptional, safe and customized oculoplastic procedures to each and every patient. Dr. McKevitt wants to help everyone she can see the best they can, look the best they can, and feel the best they can.

Dr. McKevitt's Experience

Dr. McKevitt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Bell's Palsy
  • Blepharitis
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Lid Retraction
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Rice U
  • Dean McGee Eye Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Dean McGee Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. McKevitt has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. McKevitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKevitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKevitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKevitt to family and friends
Dr. McKevitt's Performance
Seattle, WA |
Great job! Dr. McKevitt is very professional, the consultation covered all of my question and concerns. The procedure was quick, painless and resolved my eye problem. The follow up was equally professional. The front desk ladies are friendly, helpful and understanding. (I had a scheduling conflict.)
Seattle, WA |
I recommend Dr. Sylvia McKevitt to anyone needing plastic surgery around his or her eyes. I have had drooping eyelids for some time, and it had recently become clear that it was affecting my vision. After successful cataract surgery last year, I still noticed glare when driving at night and extreme eye fatigue after working at the computer for a few hours. At the recommendation of my primary ophthalmologist, I went to Dr. McKevitt at Eye Plastics Northwest. She performed a virtually painless, ou
Renton |
DR. McKevitt did a very nice job with my eyelid surgery. She is very friendly and professional. I would recommend her to anyone seeking this or any other related surgery.
Kirkland, WA |
Wonderful experience. Dr. McKevitt is personable, kind and professional. The clinic staff were great as well.
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. McKevitt was recommended by a coworker as the best in the Northwest for upper and lower blepharoplasty. After my experience and results, I would agree. Thank you Dr. McKevitt for your great skill and excellent results.
in Redmond, WA |
Dr. McKevitt combines surgical expertise with compassion to provide a truly high standard of care. I first saw Dr. McKevit with swollen, droopy eyelids which over several months had reduced my vision from 20/30 to 20/60, a point where I could no longer drive. Dr Mckevitt treated my eyelids to eliminate the swelling and performed surgery to correct the droopiness. The surgery was carried out expertly: very little post-operative discomfort, my vision was restored to 20/30, and I can drive again
in Kent, WA |
I could not be more pleased with the surgery to correct eyelid entropy on my eyes. The dry eye discomfort I was living with is now gone and my eyes look perfectly normal again. Northwest Eye Surgeons did me a big favor when they referred me to Dr. McKevitt.
in Renton, WA |
Dr McKevitt and her staff are great. She was recommended by my eye doctor for a consultation for eyelid surgery. She recommended an endoscopic brow lift too. She explained the procedure, recovery and insurance benefits thoroughly. I felt very confident having her do it. I'm so happy with the results and the improvement in my vision and appearance.
in Burien, WA |
After my operation to remove cancer from my lower lid of my left eye, I went to see Dr. Silvia McKevitt. With her magical finger tips, Dr. McKevitt restored the tissue surrounding my eye to its original appearance much to my delight. Her professional performance along with her compassion I found so helpful. Little did I realize the whole procedure included keeping me so comfortable. I would never hesitate to be once more a patient of Dr. McKevitt if I ever need help. She was wonderful!
in Bothell, WA |
I am a 58 y.o. healthy and fit male who had trouble with my eyelid. It looked swollen and was irritated. I thought it might be wadded up soft contact lens, so I knew it was important to have it looked at. Dr. McKevitt and her staff were very professional and knowledgeable every step of the way, she showed exceptional skill in diagnosis and removal of an oil gland stye that had grown on the inside of my eyelid. She did this with the least amount of pain, promoting my fast recovery.
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. McKevitt and staff did are great job of explaining that was going on. She was very nice and her smile/deminor made her trustworthy. Medically she was amazing. I was in a car crash and had a hard time seeing out of my right eye. I had a cut over my eye lid that made it droop down into my vision. I had an eye lash that would press against my eye. She was able to help with opening up my right eye so that it was no longer in the way of my vision. As well as take care of my eye lash and scar size
in Renton, WA |
Short version: Long wait during 2nd visit while Dr. saw multiple patients at one time. She didn't return to the exam room within stated period even though she knew I had a time constraint. Later got a call from secretary to return and finish the exam at no extra charge. No extra charge, really? I asked for a refund instead but it was refused. Very poor customer service attitude. My time is valuable just like yours. Enjoy my $75.00 Doc. I hope it was worth it, Lol!
Have you seen Dr. Silvia McKevitt, MD?
Are you Dr. McKevitt?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at Highline Medical Center

Visit Dr. McKevitt

Dr. McKevitt accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA