Dr. Sijo Parekattil, MD

Dr. Sijo Parekattil, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Sijo Parekattil, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Clermont, FL. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

1920 Don Wickham Dr

Clermont, FL 34711

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Parekattil

See how frequently Dr. Parekattil performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Urinary Disorders

Dr. Parekattil's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Parekattil's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Parekattil "Dr. Sijo Parekattil is Co-Director of The PUR Clinic (Personalized Urology & Robotics) at South Lake Hospital & Orlando Health. He was an Electrical Engineer (University of Michigan) prior to his medical training and thus has interests in surgical techniques incorporating technology, robotics and microsurgery. He completed his urology residency training at Albany Medical Center and then went onto complete dual fellowship training from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland in Laparoscopy/Robotic Surgery and Microsurgery/Male Infertility. Dr. Parekattil has received numerous awards including two Annual Innovator Awards from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and the Golden Garland Award in Medicine in 2012. He has published several articles in the field of robotic microsurgery. He is an editor on a few textbooks on Male Infertility and a surgical textbook on Robotic Microsurgery. He has performed some pioneering work in the arena of robotic microsurgery and has performed well over 1000 such procedures. He is one of the founding Board members of the Robotic Assisted Microsurgical & Endoscopic Society (RAMSES) and is on the foundation board for Florida Polytechnic University, Lakeland, FL."

This content was provided by Dr. Parekattil "To provide the most advanced, compassionate and personalized care for patients with infertility and chronic testicular or groin pain."

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Groin Pain
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Incontinence
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Hypogonadism
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Radiofrequency Denervation
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate)
  • Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Tract Procedure

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Albany Medical Center
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Parekattil has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parekattil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parekattil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parekattil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parekattil to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Parekattil's Performance
in Montverde, FL |
Dr. Parekattil and his staff are, in one word, fantastic! His personal credentials are simply amazing. He takes the time needed to completely explain any planned procedures and answer your questions thoroughly. The office staff is efficient, caring and understanding. They treat you politely, respectfully and really care. You are not a number. After having been treated by other urologists I finally "found" Dr. Parekattil and his staff. They gave me a new lease on life.
in Orlando, FL |
In this day and age of our world when so many are saying what is wrong in the world I would like to tell you about a person who makes people's lives right.....Dr. Sijo J. Parekattil, is hands-down one of the best medical doctors I have seen for my urology needs. His demeanor and bed-side manner are best described as calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personable and extremely caring. I saw him for a urinary tract problems and kidney stones. Dr. Parekattil, is truly amazing.
in Winter Haven, FL |
Dr. Parekattil who is a gifted surgeon who also has a great surgical team and staff. I am so blessed to be a patient at the PUR clinic... simply the best.
in Clermont, FL |
First let me say I have a profound appreciation for Dr. Parekattil. Simply stated, part of my treatment included TURP surgery, and the results are what are remarkable, i.e. sleeping through much of the night, and because of improved rest my energy level has greatly improved. I've lost nothing and I would be the first to ask for the surgery again if need be. Thanks to Dr. P and Mary.
in Groveland, FL |
Very talented Surgeon. Very calming and accurate in his description of procedures. Simply the best.
Almaty, ALM |
The PUR Clinic (Dr. Parekattil and Dr. Brahmbhatt) brought me back to normal life. I am almost 40 and at last free of pain, ready to begin a new chapter of my life. It is reassuring to know that if the pain ever comes back, there is someone who can deal with it.
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I was very pleased with Dr. Parekattil's staff who were concerned, pleasant, and friendly. Upon seeing Dr. Parikattil, I was very satisfied with his examination and consideration of my concerns. He was very thorough and gave me a 2 part treatment plan. Upon completion of my treatment and surgery, I have been extremely satisfied with my results. I have had very little reoccurrence of pain. I highly recommend Dr. Parekattil concerning the treatment of groin issues.
Clermont, FL |
I’m writing this testimonial because I have been in pain for two years straight and in one afternoon, Dr. Parekattil solved my issue, took away my pain and I am now a much happier person! I only wish I had gone in sooner as I thought i would have to live with my problem for the rest of my life. Dr. Parekattil took the time to explain that my issue was normal and that many men experience this pain after a hernia surgery. He immediately had the solution, we scheduled the surgery and here I am with
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Parekattil and the PUR Clinic are great. Recommended by my urologist. I traveled over 400 miles for treatment. Prior to arriving at the facility I was nervous and skeptical but the Dr. and staff were very professional. That and their bedside manor relieved all my anxiety and nervousness. Pre-op and post-op were a breeze and I have no recollection of surgery. Two months after surgery and I am now pain free. Glad I did it.
in Sarasota, FL |
My family and I will be forever grateful to the PUR Clinic and Dr. Parekattil. I recommend the PUR Clinic for anyone considering Robotic Surgery (which I had done), or for any of their other services.
I had a rare, horribly painful, and extremely complicated urologic problem and Dr. Parekattil performed a successful surgery that many other urologists who were consulted would not even attempt. He is a uniquely talented surgeon, especially with robotic surgery. Please consider that someone with his skill might not be exceedingly patient or full of warm fuzzies. I promise you, if you need surgery, the thing that counts is the skill of the surgeon. I remain very grateful to him for his help.
Have you seen Dr. Sijo Parekattil, MD?
Are you Dr. Parekattil?