Dr. Siew-Ming Lee, MD

Dr. Siew-Ming Lee, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Siew-Ming Lee, MD is a general surgery specialist in Clovis, CA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of British Columbia Faculty Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in general surgery, colon & rectal surgery, and more.Read his story

782 Medical Center Dr E Ste 101

Clovis, CA 93611

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus

Learn about Dr. Lee

See how frequently Dr. Lee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hernia Repair
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Lee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "I grew up in Vancouver, BC and received my undergraduate and medical school degrees in Canada before completing my residency at UCSF-Fresno in 1999. Joining Valley Surgical Specialists soon after, I enjoyed a time honored mentorship in my specialty of general surgery by an amazing group of surgeons, many of which I still see on a regular basis. I still remember the question that is asked of all applicants to medical school - "why do you want to be a doctor". My simple answer was "because I want to help people in their time of need"....a simple and honest truth that still rings true today. While there have been many changes in healthcare and it seems like we are spiraling in the wrong direction at times, I was at my first opportunity in medical school, and continue to be humbled by the privilege of caring for a patient in his or her time of need. Education, training and expertise aside, I truly believe this single quality enables me and assures me, that I will deliver the best possible care to my patients all of the time. "

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "At Valley Surgical Specialists, we practice with the firm belief that the patient always comes first. Integrity, Compassion, and Commitment - these are the foundations on which we have built our philosophy of patient care. The result is much more than your traditional doctor-patient relationship but an interwoven partnership focused on achieving long-term and lasting health. I often remind my patients that "it is all about you; it  is never about me".  By entering a relationship with me, I leverage my education, my expertise, and all resources available to me to deliver the best care available for my patients, even if it means a referral for a second opinion or a referral to a tertiary care center.  Without compromise, I strive to deliver the same care I would offer to my family and friends.....that has been and will always continue to be the standard of practice I aspire to.  "

• General Surgery

• Biliary Drainage
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Femoral Hernia Repair, Open
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Splenectomy
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of British Columbia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of British Columbia Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Royal Columbian Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Of California At San Francisco
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends

Dr. Lee's Performance

Let me start off by saying, Dr. Lee is a very nice person to deal with and was spoke highly of by many. Now some of his staff is a different story. A few of them really need to work on their people and communication skills. I was spoken rudly to by Norma the scheduler from the start. I would...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I just had my follow up for an umbilical hernia that Dr. Lee performed on me. Painless, flawless and the most professional, informative and caring doctor I have ever had. If you do not like doctors as a general rule-use this guy. Your attitude about doctors just might change. He should be the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lee is personable and friendly. He was informative, careful and thorough, very pleased.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option1