Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Morrison

Palmetto Health-USC Surgery - ColoRectal Associates

1333 Taylor St Ste 5f Columbia, SC 29201

Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Columbia, SC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Palmetto Health - Baptist and Providence Health. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Morrison to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Colorectal Surgery Specialists in Columbia

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Morrison accepts

Dr. Morrison accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Morrison's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Morrison

4.1

Dr. Morrison?
Had my annual review appointment on July 13,2020. Excellent review very thoroughly done and all staff and Dr. Morrison really care about his patiences. Met the doctor back in 1213/14 when another doctor referred him to me to correct the wrong surgical path of my heath he left me in. He agreed to take me as a patient and I’m and others were happy as we felt his knowledge and background in the Colorectal field I was told he was the best in Columbia!! It took a couple years and a few more surgery’s but he saved me and mad my later years of life great to be living. He is outstanding doctor I recommend him too everyone who needed his services. I’m so glad my life crossed path with Dr. Morrison. Thank you Dr. Morrison for your services, your knowledge and background in your field. Also because of your surgical background I’ll for ever be indicated to you for seeing I would have great health in my senior years. God Bless You! Adrian l. Smith/ Becky Smith/ Deceased 7/21/2020
Adrian L.Smith – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I love Dr. Morrison. He is very caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and can explain in detail what his plans are the surgery his gonna to perform. He even made a drawing for me about my surgery. And his staff is awesome as well! I never felt rushed, like he needed to get to his next patient. And my stay at the hospital was great as well. Dr. Morrison always checked on me by 8am every morning. I wanted to stay in my town for my surgeries, but my oncologist said, oh no, you have to go to Dr. Morrison! He is the best. And he certainly is the best! wish I could give him 1000 stars!
Chris – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I absolutely adore this doctor. I was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 3 in early March. It hit me like a ton of bricks! This was the same type of cancer that caused my sisters passing back in 2006. I was a total mess. I know I was led to Dr. Morrison by God on High. This man was everything I asked God to provide in a doctor to care for me during the surgery and during my aftercare. He was extremely knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and the level of professionalism was bar none. Dr. Morrison is the best! He removed the mass, and I am doing great!
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Morrison preparing for my reversal Ostomy surgery in April 2019. We found Dr. Morrison on line after reading his incredible reviews. The first time I meet Dr. Morrison in person I could tell he was somebody I could trust with his caring and, kindness. No one likes going to a doctor and especially a surgeon however, he helped this chicken become a proud rooster. Dr. Morrison did everything in his power to help me to relax being at his doctors office, being in the hospital, and preparing for surgery . The star scale only goes to 5 but for me Dr. Morrison is an Eleven. ***********
D. C. Dills (Don) – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Morrison! He is very educated and professional, yet breaks down the medical terms so that the patient and loved ones in attendance understand exactly what he's explaining. I would have him do the surgery ten times over. I thank God that Dr. Samuel Willis referred me to him!
Belinda Parker – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison spent a tremendous amount of time focusing on my complicated case. I credit him with discovering my cancer early enough to save my life.
Susannah – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I am very thankful to have Dr. Sidney Morrison as my surgeon and physician. He is by far very attentive and has seen me through the worst time of my life. Very grateful.
May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr Morrison did colon surgery on me. He is a wonderful doctor kind and caring. I was very satisfied with his treatment and I feel like he saved my life. I would highly recommend his services.
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison is passionate about his profession and it is reflected in his patient care. I recently had robotic surgery under his care, and I personally believe the world is a better place because of him. There are not enough stars to evaluate him!
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison was very professional and exceeded all of my expectations. I highly recommend him.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I was weary about having surgery with how far my cancer had progressed and the seriousness of it. I feel blessed and thankful for Dr. Morrison and his staff for their concern, thoroughness, kindness and caring. They are and were like family. It has been almost four months since my surgery, and I can’t say enough good about Dr. Morrison and his staff. I thank God every day for letting them be part of my second chance. Thank you for being for being there. Frankie Branham, Sr.
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Top notch doctor and surgeon He did a colon resection for my husband due to stage 3C Colon Cancer. He did an excellent surgery after making sure he was fit for surgery. Dr. Morrison was professional, kind and considerate. He answered all my and my husband's questions thoroughly. My husband has recovered extremely well from the surgery, with no issues and is headed into chemo soon.
Mar 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
My experience with Dr. Morrison, III, was stellar. He is truly a gifted surgeon and cares deeply for his patients. He never rushed us through an appt. He's the best!
Jo Ellen Carroll in Darlingtons, SC – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
He and his staff a very professional, thoughtful and concern
Lisa in Columbia, SC – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison did a superb job on my colon surgery. His pre-surgery explanations of why the surgery was needed, and how the procedure would be done, and details of the recovery process were thorough and very helpful, and he was very reassuring about a successful outcome. The times he saw me in the hospital after the procedure, he was very personable and gave helpful explanations. I felt like he cared about me as a person, more than just another successful surgical procedure for him.
Dennis in Columbia, SC – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison explained my condition in easy to understand terms but did not “talk down” . He listened to my concerns and fears and was caring, professional and compassionate. Through his skill, my surgery was successful, without complications and I am “put back together”.
Becky – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison was highly recommended to me and I can certainly see why. He is a gifted surgeon whose care for his patients is obvious. He answered every question both before and after surgery and never seemed rushed during any of my visits. He is truly a credit to hIs profession.
Robert S. in SC – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison is the best! He takes the time to listen and research your medical history. Dr. Morrison clearly explains the problem. When it was time for my surgery he was there every step of the way for me and my husband. I had no fear at all. Dr. Morrison is brilliant, kind and compassionate. I felt safe with Dr. Morrison in charge. I had colon surgery 2/18 and it is amazing how fast I am recovering. My husband and I love Dr. Morrison
DMJ in Lugoff – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
My wife recently had a Colon Re-sectioning, Dr. Morrison explained fully to me and my wife what was going to happen, how long it would take and how long until she was able to come home. Dr. Morrison made good on all his promises. Two hour surgery, Check, three to five days hospital stay, Check. He analyzed and studied the history of her disease and performed the necessary procedure. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Morrison to anyone needing this kind of surgery.
R in Lugoff, SC – Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr Morrison is a compassionate physician. He takes time to thoroughly explain things in a very caring manner. I highly recommend him.
Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Morrison?

I am second generation physician, my father was an obstetric gynecologist, and my son is currently at the University of Alabama studying in the field surgery. By far the most rewarding is patients thanking us and the bond we create wit...Read more

• Colorectal Surgery

1987
Ochsner Medical Center
1986
Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
1982
Charity Hospital

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Morrison communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison communicates via email

• Does Dr. Morrison offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Morrison offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Morrison have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Morrison offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Morrison offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Morrison offers evening visits