Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD

Colorectal SurgeryMaleAge 66

Dr. Morrison
1333 Taylor St Columbia, SC 29201

Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Columbia, SC. He is affiliated with medical facilities MUSC Health Columbia Medical Center Downtown and Prisma Health Baptist Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Morrison to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• MSS Colorectal Cancer
  • Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer, Familial
  • Rectal Cancer
  • Sporadic Colorectal Cancer
Hide other areas of care
Anal and Rectal Cancer

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparotomy
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Megacolon
  • Neoplasm of Gastrointestinal Tract
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Morrison accepts

Dr. Morrison accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Morrison's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Morrison

4.2

Dr. Morrison

The unfortunate experience of having to have a hemorrhoid operation was made a much better situation by the care of Dr Morrison and his staff. Dr Morrison was very open to hearing my concerns and assuring me he would do his best to get me the best care and surgery he could possibly provide. Total success!
Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I could not understand why Lexington Medical Center sent me to Prisma. After Dr. Morrison did my surgery, I now understand. They sent me to the best in town.
Frederick A Norris – May 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison is simply amazing. He is very knowledgeable and great at explaining findings, procedures and expectations. I was referred to Dr. Morrison by Dr. Rukstalis and Dr. Morrison saved my life and I am forever grateful. His beside manner is awesome, he really cares for his patients. I'm am very pleased he is my surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs the services he offers. Everyone I come into contact with that know him all had such wonderful things to say about him and so do I. Thank you so much doctor Morrison and staff?
Carol C Williams-Hall – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Sidney Morrison to absolutely anyone in need of a colorectal surgeon. From my first office visit, when I was warmly and professionally greeted at reception, to the friendly and very knowledgeable team member who did my initial assessment prior to seeing Dr. Morrison, to the surgery scheduler who gave me everything I needed to know before and after the planned procedure, to the kind person at checkout who handled her job with efficiency and kindness, my experience with that office was superior. Dr. Morrison has a tremendous reputation among his patients, and among his peers. I now see why. He made sure to inform me of what to expect, answered any and all questions I had, and always with an encouraging smile and gentle spirit.
Superior experience – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison is the BEST surgeon in town. He is very upfront and serious about his work, but at the same time he is extremely kind and compassionate. I recently underwent a right Colectomy (I was terrified)! Dr. Morrison reassured me and I must say his skill as a colorectal surgeon is incomparable. I will never forget his kindness as I was in the hospital after surgery. He will always be at the top of my list as one of my favorite people. His entire staff was very pleasant and reassuring and I would recommend Dr. Sidney Morrison and his staff to anyone facing this type of surgery.
Carolyn Haney – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Syd Morrison is an outstanding medical doctor, surgeon and person who puts you at ease and then quickly gets down to business. I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Morrison in the past 12 years and both times I was completely pleased with the outcome. My only regret was that I waited so long for the first visit because of a previous bad experience with another doctor. If you are having problems in this area of specialization, I highly recommend Dr. Morrison and his staff.
Tom – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Caring excellent surgeon. Listens and considers all options
Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
What an incredible doctor! Dr. Morrison presented the facts, provided his expert opinion, but never pushed his recommendations as the only way. Instead he supported me through the process of making my own decision. His detailed description of the surgery, and what to expect post-operatively was always on point. He is a brilliant surgeon, mixed with compassion and care. This is also evident in his office team, that work seamlessly to insure that every detail is handled, as well as his team of young and fellow surgeons. Working with Dr. Morrison made a challenging experience much less difficult.
Jacob White – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Had my annual review appointment on July 13,2020. Excellent review very thoroughly done and all staff and Dr. Morrison really care about his patiences. Met the doctor back in 1213/14 when another doctor referred him to me to correct the wrong surgical path of my heath he left me in. He agreed to take me as a patient and I’m and others were happy as we felt his knowledge and background in the Colorectal field I was told he was the best in Columbia!! It took a couple years and a few more surgery’s but he saved me and mad my later years of life great to be living. He is outstanding doctor I recommend him too everyone who needed his services. I’m so glad my life crossed path with Dr. Morrison. Thank you Dr. Morrison for your services, your knowledge and background in your field. Also because of your surgical background I’ll for ever be indicated to you for seeing I would have great health in my senior years. God Bless You! Adrian l. Smith/ Becky Smith/ Deceased 7/21/2020
Adrian L.Smith – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I love Dr. Morrison. He is very caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and can explain in detail what his plans are the surgery his gonna to perform. He even made a drawing for me about my surgery. And his staff is awesome as well! I never felt rushed, like he needed to get to his next patient. And my stay at the hospital was great as well. Dr. Morrison always checked on me by 8am every morning. I wanted to stay in my town for my surgeries, but my oncologist said, oh no, you have to go to Dr. Morrison! He is the best. And he certainly is the best! wish I could give him 1000 stars!
Chris – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I absolutely adore this doctor. I was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 3 in early March. It hit me like a ton of bricks! This was the same type of cancer that caused my sisters passing back in 2006. I was a total mess. I know I was led to Dr. Morrison by God on High. This man was everything I asked God to provide in a doctor to care for me during the surgery and during my aftercare. He was extremely knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and the level of professionalism was bar none. Dr. Morrison is the best! He removed the mass, and I am doing great!
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Morrison preparing for my reversal Ostomy surgery in April 2019. We found Dr. Morrison on line after reading his incredible reviews. The first time I meet Dr. Morrison in person I could tell he was somebody I could trust with his caring and, kindness. No one likes going to a doctor and especially a surgeon however, he helped this chicken become a proud rooster. Dr. Morrison did everything in his power to help me to relax being at his doctors office, being in the hospital, and preparing for surgery . The star scale only goes to 5 but for me Dr. Morrison is an Eleven. ***********
D. C. Dills (Don) – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Morrison! He is very educated and professional, yet breaks down the medical terms so that the patient and loved ones in attendance understand exactly what he's explaining. I would have him do the surgery ten times over. I thank God that Dr. Samuel Willis referred me to him!
Belinda Parker – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison spent a tremendous amount of time focusing on my complicated case. I credit him with discovering my cancer early enough to save my life.
Susannah – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I am very thankful to have Dr. Sidney Morrison as my surgeon and physician. He is by far very attentive and has seen me through the worst time of my life. Very grateful.
May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr Morrison did colon surgery on me. He is a wonderful doctor kind and caring. I was very satisfied with his treatment and I feel like he saved my life. I would highly recommend his services.
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison is passionate about his profession and it is reflected in his patient care. I recently had robotic surgery under his care, and I personally believe the world is a better place because of him. There are not enough stars to evaluate him!
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Dr. Morrison was very professional and exceeded all of my expectations. I highly recommend him.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
I was weary about having surgery with how far my cancer had progressed and the seriousness of it. I feel blessed and thankful for Dr. Morrison and his staff for their concern, thoroughness, kindness and caring. They are and were like family. It has been almost four months since my surgery, and I can’t say enough good about Dr. Morrison and his staff. I thank God every day for letting them be part of my second chance. Thank you for being for being there. Frankie Branham, Sr.
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?
Top notch doctor and surgeon He did a colon resection for my husband due to stage 3C Colon Cancer. He did an excellent surgery after making sure he was fit for surgery. Dr. Morrison was professional, kind and considerate. He answered all my and my husband's questions thoroughly. My husband has recovered extremely well from the surgery, with no issues and is headed into chemo soon.
Mar 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sidney Morrison, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Morrison?
Provider explaining information to patient