Dr. Sidney Herszenson, MD

Dr. Sidney Herszenson, MD

Dermatology  |
54 reviews

Dr. Herszenson is a Board-Certified Dermatologist with over 30 years of experience who is knowledgeable in the latest treatment protocols for skin diseases and conditions. Professional areas of interest include early skin cancer detection and treatments of rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies, and rashes....See Less

Forefront Dermatology - Wauwatosa

2600 N Mayfair Rd Ste 810

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Herszenson

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Video

Dr. Herszenson's Experience

Dr. Herszenson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Dermatitis
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hair Loss
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1968
  • University Of Wisconsin Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Mich Hosps IM
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Herszenson has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Herszenson to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Herszenson's Performance
Milwaukee WI |
Dr,. Herszenson provides exceptional care and diagnostic/therapeutic skills. We have the good fortune to have Dr. Herszenson as our dermatologist for well over 15 years and are very pleased with the care he provides. All staff are knowledgeable, efficient & caring.
Brookfield, WI |
My experience in June, 2017 was a great staff -- efficient -- knowledgeable -- excellent follow-up -- just what the patient ordered! (Pun intended.) Will definitely recommend Dr. Herszenson.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Herszenson. He and his staff made me feel very comfortable and at ease. He was extremely knowledgeable and knew immediately what he was looking at when I showed him my problems I came to see him about. I got immediate care! I thought I would get prescribed some ointment (which I was) and sent on my way. But I also received same day shots to take care of itching due to psoriasis that helped me for days to stop ripping the skin off my knees. It was great!
Lake In The Hills, IL |
I would never recommend visiting this doctor. After a slew of labs and tests (including a biopsy) to diagnose a persistent rash, on the follow up visit the doctor had not read the results, or my chart. He shook his head at the cause and suggested I return in 8 weeks. During the same visit, the nurse was literally falling asleep at the computer while enter my data. Repeatedly asking me to repeat answers. Talk about mailing it in...
in Franklin, Wi |
Dr. Herszenson was excellent and my experience with him in the office was through and reassuring .
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Herszenson is a fantastic dermatologist and I would highly recommend him!!!!
in Milwaukee, WI |
I went to Dr. Herszenson for my psoriasis after my last skin doctor made it spread. He gave me a ointment and uv treatments and in a few days I could see a huge difference. This is a excellent doctor and staff
Milwaukee, WI |
We found Dr Herzenson very thoughtful and caring, and very knowledgeable. We're very satisfied.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Great doctor, and a wonderful staff. Very professional, highly recommend.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
he is kind and very good explains what happened and how take care about it.
in Brookfield, WI |
Dr. Herszenson is a skilled surgeon with great bedside manner. He explained things well and made sure my questions were answered. He made sure that my skin needs were met before leaving the office. I referred him to my husband after the appointment because I was so impressed with the doctor and his office staff.
New Berlin, WI |
Thank you Dr. Herszenson, You have a great way of working with your patients, you ask questions, you explain things and take the time to communicate. As a patient this is critical to the understanding of the course of action you take when something does come up. Thank you again,
Milwaukee, WI |
My family and some close friends have been patients of Dr. Herszenson for years. I now have a child of my own that is in need of a Dermatologist and I chose Dr. Herszenson for him as well.
in Milwaukee, WI |
The environment was clean and all staff were professional. Dr.Herszenson listened to all my concerns and was able to provide appropriate feedback. I would highly recommend this office as well as Dr. Herszenson. Great job everyone!
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have only seen him once, but I felt really at ease with him. I didn't need to ask questions because he explained everything very well.
in Milwaukee, WI |
First time seeing Dr. Herszenson, took care of the problem. Very professional.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I went to a skin doctor for my psoriasis and it spread. I than went to doctor Herszenson he gave me a cream and by the next day it started clearing up he also started me on uv treatments 3 times a week. This doctor is amazing. I was losing hope and so amazed at how much it was really working so quickly.
in Delafield, WI |
I have been seeing Dr. Herszenson for quite some time, probably 10 - 15yrs. I had been diagnosed with Basal Cell 35 yrs ago. So I do need to be observant. Dr. Herszenson explains my circumstances and gives me information I can read and follow up with, as well as taking care of my concerns right away. In the past I have taken my Mother to see Dr. H. Coincidentally, I did happen to suggest Dr. Herszenson to my brother-in-law just last week.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Herszenson is a very capable friendly and wonderful doctor. He showed concern about the patient's concerns and explains everything I need to know very well. He is very affable and it is a pleasure to be his patient. I would never go to someone else as Dr. Herszenson fits all my needs. He has once removed a skin cancer and did the best of every other doctor, including plastic surgeons and MOH's surgeons. I have no residual scar wheras I have scaring from all the other doctors who removed s.
in Milwaukee, WI |
A very pleasant experience. I was very apprehensive about having a procedure that was necessary, but Dr. Herszenson and his assistant Patrice were very kind and considerate concerning my feelings. They did the biopsy and made me feel very comfortable. I was very pleased with my whole visit. I would recommend Dr. Herszenson to anyone that needs a good, knowledgeable, and thorough doctor. Thank you.
Milwaukee, WI |
I had some rashes and red spots appear randomly all over my legs. In my initial appointment, I did a bunch of tests and this was my follow up appointment. I was diagnose with this weird skin condition that I obviously never heard of and it had a super long name. This appointment, I was hoping to get some answers to my questions. When I asked about why I could have gotten this or how long would I have it for, he couldn't even give me any direct answers. It was a lot of "it could be this or that"
in Milwaukee, WI |
He was pleasant and professional and listened to what I had to say about my medical issue. And he took care of my problem. I would definitely recommend Dr. Herszenson to others.
Great,as always
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have had only 2 visits with this doctor and on both occasions, found Dr. Herszenson to be friendly, caring, understanding and genuinely interested in my overall welfare. He listened to my concerns, answered my questions and am very comfortable with him, I would recommend him to friends and family....overall satisfaction - 5 star !!
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Herzenson was very friendly, professional, knowledgeble. I was very satisfied with the appointment I recently had. He answered my questions I had and was focused on the reason for me being there. He gave me choices for treatment. I would easily have no problems seeing him in the future if any new problems arise.
in Butler, WI |
It's really to early to make an accurate review. I had one visit and first impressions were favorable. I have another appointment scheduled for next week Tuesday.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Because the Doctor's assistant completed the electronic medical record the Doctor was able to focus his attention on me instead of the computer screen. I view this as a real plus! The entire office staff was very friendly and I was seen in a very timely manner.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Great, he's a great dermatologist, with a great staff.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Very polite & professional staff. Treated as a person not as patient.
Milwaukee, WI |
BEWARE BEWARE. Ask questions the ENTIRE time you are there about how much everything is going to cost. From simple conversation to looking at your skin. It will cost you. You will not be advised prior to receiving your bill. He picked a blackhead on my daughter and it cost me $275 for acne surgery. The billing dept said that you can be charged for anything during that appointment without any warning! BEWARE!
Have you seen Dr. Sidney Herszenson, MD?

Visit Dr. Herszenson

Dr. Herszenson accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

More Dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology - Wauwatosa