Dr. Shyam Shridharani, MD

Dr. Shyam Shridharani, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Shyam Shridharani, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

265 W Ina Rd

Tucson, AZ 85704

• Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Guardian
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Shridharani

See how frequently Dr. Shridharani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Shridharani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shridharani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shridharani "Dr. Shridharani is a Spine Surgeon and the Section Chief of Spine Surgery in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Arizona. He completed his surgical training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Shridharani treats a wide variety of spinal disorders and always tries to maximize nonsurgical management first by referring patients for physical therapy or spinal injections. For patients who require surgery, he offers a comprehensive surgical skill set including minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal microsurgery, complex spine surgery, spinal fusion, spinal decompression, laminectomy, discectomy, anterior and posterior cervical spine surgery, anterior and posterior lumbar spine surgery, cervical disc replacement, and thoracic spine surgery. "

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Metastatic Cancer
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Wrist Fracture

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Plating and Fusion
  • Anterior Cervical Microdiscectomy With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Missouri-Kansas City
  • Mayo Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of California San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Shridharani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shridharani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shridharani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shridharani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shridharani to family and friends
Dr. Shridharani's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
He is an excellent Spine Surgeon. I had an ACDF on my C4-6. I have no pain, except wearing a collar for 3 months which is a necessary nuisance. I would recommend him and his staff highly. I had my surgery on Aug. 7th and only took a narcotic for 3 days.
in Tucson, AZ. |
Dr.Shridharani is very professional. He took great care of my back. It has been 4 year's since I was treated. Was able to wear brace and not have surgery. His staff is Wonderful. Thank you for taking time explaining my diagnosis. I am now able to teach Zumba...no back pain. !!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Shyam Shridharani has been more than a doctor to me. He really cares about his patients. He is professional, courteous, reliable, friendly, and intelligent. He is compassionate about his patients. In 2015 I had a cervical laminectomy with fusion and 2017 I had lower back surgery. I wasn't able to walk or do anything. Dr.Shridharani gave me my life back! This doctor is truly gifted! If anyone is looking for a miracle. Dr. Shridharani is the doctor for you! I highly recommend this surgeon.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr Shridharani is a kind, caring and compassionate surgeon. He operated on my neck and I'm doing extremely well. Prior to surgery I had debilitating pain, now I'm back to work and pain free. I would highly recommend him!
in Tucson, AZ |
One of the most congenial doctors I have, He took one look at me and my records on Friday night and scheduled the operation immediately for Saturday morning saying it would not wait. He did an excellent job on the operation spots as the cancer was wrapped around my spine. I have complete confidence and faith in Dr Shridharani. From everything I have been able to find out he is one of the best in the country and my experience would prove that statement a big yes.
Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr.Shridharani preformed spinal fusion for my neck on 2/2/16. I am 71 years old and the condition was very serious. His ability to put me at ease, educate me to the procedure, and to make me feel confident in his abilities was excellent. I truly believe his ability allowed me to heal very well. The relief from the constant pain was immediate. I would recommend Dr. Shridharani to anyone who needs this delicate surgery.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Shridharani is an outstanding surgeon! I came to him with severe pain in my arm and weakness. He was very thorough and took time to explain my diagnosis and treatment options. Ultimately, I decided to have surgery. My arm is now pain free and my strength has returned!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Shridharani has been both professional and very compasionate with our entire family throughout my father in law's injury, surgery and recovery. His attention to detail has been complimeted by every other doctor that we've had to see throughout this healing process. He has a way addressing the physical and emotional needs that my father in law has as a man learning to live as a paraplegic. Thank you for who you are Dr. Shridharani!
Tucson, AZ |
I am a nurse at the hospital and hurt my back a few years ago. I had severe back pain and sciatica for several years. I had physical therapy, injections, and tried living with it. One of my nurse friends told me "You have to go see Dr. Shridharani--he's the very best. They call him the Doctor's Doctor." She couldn't have said it better. He performed surgery on me and I no longer have any pain. I'm back to work and I do things now that I had given up like hiking, jogging, and walking my dogs.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Shridharani performed surgery on my back by removing a cyst and repairing damage to my spine that required screws and pins. Dr. Shridharani is that rare combination of compassion and warmth combined with superior surgical skills. He restored me to a quality of life I had lost due to back injury and pain. I have the highest regard for him. Rose Censky
Redford, MI |
Words cannot express my gratitude!! My wife had severe pain and weakness in her legs for the last 4 years. We've seen countless surgeons and nobody could help her. He was our last hope. We got to the appointment an hour early and we happened to meet his other patients. One man flew in from the East Coast to have his neck surgery done 4 weeks and he was doing great! Long story short: my wife had surgery over 3 months ago and now walks 3-5 miles a day, dances, and does not take any pain pills.
Have you seen Dr. Shyam Shridharani, MD?
Are you Dr. Shridharani?

Visit Dr. Shridharani

Dr. Shridharani accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    Medicaid of Arizona
  • Guardian
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    TriCare for Life