Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt, MD
Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, and hip as well as knee and shoulder replacement surgery. Dr. Brahmabhatt graduated from Temple University School of Medicine, followed by Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Temple University Hospital. He completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City where he served as the Assistant Team Physician for the New York Jets. His clinical interests include menicscal surgery, ACL/PCL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair, shoulder and hip arthroscopic labral repair. He serves as the team physician for Upper Dublin and Abington High Schools.

2400 Maryland Rd Ste 20

Willow Grove, PA 19090

Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Brahmabhatt

Dr. Brahmabhatt's Experience

Dr. Brahmabhatt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Hip Resurfacing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Temple University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Temple University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Temple University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Brahmabhatt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brahmabhatt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brahmabhatt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brahmabhatt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brahmabhatt to family and friends
Dr. Brahmabhatt's Performance
in Ambler, pa |
Dr. Brahmabhatt is very congenial and easy to work with. Hie is very open as to what a patient should expect as a result of the surgery. He recommends that the patient self educate about he procedure which is helpful in discussions about how and what to do. I would definitely recommend his work for others who need shoulder work.
in Philadelphia, pa |
I had Dr. Brahmabhatt in 2014, and he saved me from being cut open, and even drew a picture for me (a visual learner) so I knew exactly what was happening to my body. When I actually needed surgery on my opposite knee he drew me another picture to show me what my injury looks like and was absolutely amazing you're the whole process. Extremely kind and very personable!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Bahmabhatt did an excellent job on my rotator cuff that had many problems. After 2 months in PT, I have full range of motion. Thank you.
Warminster, PA |
Dr. Brahmabatt has been fantastic at taking care of my family's orthopaedic needs for almost 10 years. He is very bright, straight forward, conservative and takes extra time to explain your surgeries and conditions so that you completely understand. He is also humble and kind.
in Jenkintown, PA |
Excellent. Dr. B IS one of the few doctors in any speciality who takes the time to answer questions and educate patients about medical problems. He is naturally a kind and caring person who is also non-judgmental. We need more Doctors similar to Dr. B. Absolutely a wonderful person. R. L. Morris.
in Warminster Pa |
It has been over 8 years since Dr B scoped my knees. I have been running everyday since. Thanks Dr B
in philadelphia, pa |
Dr. Brahamabatt is a very thorough, kind and informative Doctor. He made me feel very comfortable about having my knee replacement surgery. If l was concerned or nervous he put me at ease. I would recommend Dr. Brahamabatt for anyone of my friends or family who need his expertise.
in Southampton, PA |
Had meniscus surgery and went exactly according to Dr. B's plan. What I like most about him is he is a great listener. He encourages questions and doesn't shy away from giving you any facts or advice you need.
in Horsham,PA |
Had a knee replacement last year done by Dr. BRAHMABHATT. I am extremely pleased with the results and with the care that I received from Dr. B. He is informative, gentle, caring and concerned. I would strongly recommend him and have, already, to several friends. I cannot say that I look forward to another knee replacement but I know that when I do I will be in very capable hands with him.
in Langhorne, PA. |
Dr. Brahmabhatt repaired my left hip July 24th, 2016 after a fall at work (I work at Abington Memorial Hospital), I was very impressed with him and his staff. I highly recommend him. He is kind, thorough, and smart. Thanks again Dr. B. for taking such a wonderful care of me.
Philadelphia, PA |
Found the overall experience to be efficient, informative, and well organized. Friendly staff executing a program that is customer friendly and respectful of our time. Generally unheard of. Neat. Clean. Professional.
in Fort Washington, PA |
Dr. B is an excellent surgeon who provides excellent outcomes. My total shoulder replacement has been life changing. I am now totally pain-free thanks to his remarkable care.
in Warminster, PA |
Very caring doctor, I highly recommend, I had partial knee replacement and everything went great. Dr Brahmabhatt answers all you questions and explains everything in regards to your surgery
in Ambler,Pa. |
He doesn't force a treatment on you he lays out the facts and let's you decide.
in Abington Pa |
Dr. Brahmabhatt was wonderful, friendly and caring, also a great surgeon. Had meniscus tear surgery on April 14th and I feel great and almost back to doing everything I love. Thank you,
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Brahmabhatt repaired my torn meniscus recently. He is professional, intelligent and an excellent surgeon. When he explains the procedure it is with clarity. Question are welcome. I was so impressed with his care and kind manner. Dr. Brahmabhatt is the best knee surgeon in the Philadelphia area.
in jenkintown, pa |
Had 3 surgeries on a football injury in 1961,1979and 1995. Knee gave up on me this past summer. Dr. B did a full knee replacement in November and the knee is doing great. Particularly he was warm, caring and always was available for questions or concerns. Would recommend highly.
in Hatboro, PA |
Dr. Brahmabhatt is an excellent surgeon. He did a total shoulder replacementon me. I would highly recommend him. He is very kind and gentle and you never feel rushed when he is in with you. The only drawback is he gets very backed up and sometimes you have to wait a very long time in his office. I have waited up to 3 hrs. in his waiting room. I think they need to think about how they schedule his appts. That is the only drawback I have.
in willow grove, pa |
Dr. Brahmabhatt was helpful in my making a decision to have two knee replacements. He told me my options and I went home and made my decision. He was sensitive, but demanding. I highly recommend him.
in Richboro,Pa. |
Dr. Brahmabhatt, besides being an excellent surgeon, is a very gentle and caring doctor. He spends time with his patients and explains all details and options regarding your particular ailment. I trust his recommendations and have referred him to many of my friends,
in ambler, pa |
I had a complete knee replacement and was walking without a walker or cane within 3 weeks. I was amazed at the results. If you do the physical therapy and follow the doctors and physical therapist instruction you will be amazed.
Dr. B replaced my left shoulder. He was very thorough and clear in explaining what needed to be done and what to expect afterwards. I had an excellent result and without hesitation would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Jamison, pa |
Matter-of-fact and thorough evaluation. Pleasant and personable with friendly bedside manner. Instructions could have been more specific and helped by one or two additional visits with the PA for interval evaluation. Post-operative care could be specified in a written brochure (possibly one with check-off choices for Physical Therapy, activity and care).
in Glenside, PA |
Dr Brahmabhatt is totally awesome! He repaired my rotator cuff and it's really fixed! Highest recommendation!
in Horsham, PA |
Dr. B. has a very nice bedside manner and has a way of making his patients comfortable about their surgery. He takes his time and answers all of your questions. I wouldn't think twice about referring him to a friend or a family member.
in Bensalem, PA |
I have had 2 knee replacements by Dr. Brahmabhatt. Both have been very successful. Dr. B. told me that he performed the first part by replacing my knees and I would have to do the second part by doing all the exercises faithfully. I did as he said. I had my right knee done 4 years ago and my left knee February 3 and 6 weeks later I am walking with no assistance. Dr. B is a great surgeon and I am grateful that both my knees are in great shape.
in Buckingham, Pa |
I may eventually need a left knee replacement and have seen Dr. Brahmabhatt several times.I have a number of relatives who are physicians and this doctor has an incredibly warm and caring manner reassuring a patient and offering options before rushing into surgery. He is thorough, knowledgeable, articulate and very polite. I am currently trying cortisone injections and have had Synvisc as well. I am extremely pleased and confident with this physician responsible for my care.
in glenside, pa |
Dr. B did an excellent job with my left and right knee replacements. He spends time explaining everything. I had no problems after surgery.
in langhorne, pa |
Dr Brahmabatt is a highly knowledgeable surgeon with an amazing bedside manner. I made an appointment to see him for a second opinion, concerning a knee surgery I was told I needed. He recommended physical therapy for 4 weeks and to return afterwards to see if I was able to regain strength and better movement in my knee and leg. I am so grateful for his surgical opinion because I ended up not needing surgery. My respect for him is great because he is an honest and a caring surgeon.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I first saw Dr. Brahmabhatt for an evaluation for a total knee joint replacement. From my first appointment to my post-surgery follow-ups, Dr. B. was kind, professional, informative and honest. He patiently explained x-rays and procedures and answered my many questions about surgery and rehab. I have already recommended a family member to see Dr. B. for the same type of problem. If the need arises for orthopedic surgery in the future, I would, without hesitation, return to Dr. Brahmabhatt.
in Bryn Athyn, PA |
Dr. Brahmabhatt did surgery on my daughter and her sons knees with great success. I decided to have Dr. Brahmabhatt do surgery on my shoulder, which needed rotator cuff repair plus reattach the bicep tendon and remove a bone spur. Not an easy surgery for a 75 year old woman, but his surgical skills were excellent, and so my job was diligent physical therapy. I could not have recovered so well without the excellent surgery. I highly would recommend Dr. Brahmabhatt to anyone who need surgery.
in Abington, PA |
Excellent Doctor, very thorough in his evaluations. Discusses and explains all options in a caring manner, don't feel rushed at all. One of the best physicians I've encountered.
in Willow Grove, PA |
I had a dramatic shoulder injury while working outside the US. Wanting the best care, I didn't seek treatment until returning home. Dr.B gave prompt, kind, effective attention to my case and operated swiftly and skillfully. In our interactions he was professional and expert, but also patient, personable and interested. By God's grace and Dr.B's fine care, my outcome was exceptionally good.
Have you seen Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt, MD?
Are you Dr. Brahmabhatt?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Brahmabhatt

Dr. Brahmabhatt accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth