Dr. Shusila Rajasingham, MD

Dr. Shusila Rajasingham, MD

Pediatrics  |
Dr. Shusila Rajasingham, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Gaithersburg, MD. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

9025 Shady Grove Ct

Gaithersburg, MD 20877

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Rajasingham

Dr. Rajasingham's Experience

Dr. Rajasingham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology and Pediatrics

• Pediatrics

• Seizure Disorders
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tuberous Sclerosis

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Adelaide
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

• Commonwealth University Scholarship, Australia, 1972

Dr. Rajasingham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rajasingham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rajasingham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rajasingham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rajasingham to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Rajasingham's Performance
in Kensington, MD |
Dr. Rajasingham is an extremely knowledgeable, thoughtful, and caring doctor. She thinks not only about treating our son’s epilepsy (which is under control now) but also about his development and future well-being. She always spends at least an hour with us. She always returns my calls the same day. All specialists whom she recommended were a very good choice. Although she always has her own strong opinion she is open to collaboration with other doctors who treat our son. I highly recommend her.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
We have been seeing Dr. Rajasingham for more than 14 years, for my son's seizures. My son went to different hospitals and one of them was even Children's Hospital. Dr. Rajasingham always been responsive, and caring with regard to my son and us, his parents. I cannot thank her enough! She knows what she is doing! She spends a lot of time with patient during office visits, and she is always easy to contact when you need help. Her office manager, Judy, is very helpful.
Frederick |
I took my daughter to see Dr. Rajasingham for suspected motor tics and/or seizures. After several appointments and many conversations, she just seemed all over the place. One minute it was "well if the EEG says this, that means ....". But 10 minutes later would tell us something that completely contradicted what she had just said. Just seemed like she really didn't know. Got a second opinion with Children's Hospital and finally an accurate diagnosis.
in Frederick, MD |
Amazing doctor!!! I highly recommend! She is very friendly, knowledgeable and takes her time with her patients! I went to her when nobody else could tell me what was wrong with my son and she figured it out! She is wonderful!
Gaithersburg, MD |
We recently decided to switch doctors after being fed up with the inconsistent information provided by Dr. R. She would tell us one thing during the appointment and then document different information in the file (I am referring to significant things like when my child is to be seen again and the dosage of her meds). I should also add that the receptionist is HORRIBLE. Today, I learned that Dr. R has cancelled all refills for my child's meds. I guess she wants her to have a seizure.
Washington, DC |
open minded, very knowleadable, and takes the time to listen and find out everything she can about patients condition/symptoms. Is willing to experiment as well which is a huge plus
in Smithsburg Md |
My daughter was diagnosed of of rare movement disorder by Dr. Rajasingham 13 years ago. She is amazing, she takes her time and makes sure she covers everything. There is little know treatment for my daughter's disorder., and Dr. Rajasingham has went above and beyond to get her to where she is able to be able to live a normal life. I am so thankful to have her as my daughters Doctor . Also her receptionist is the best ever and is always there to help with anything she can in a timely manner!!
in Rockville, MD |
We have seen Dr. Rajasingham for years, for my profoundly autistic son's seizures. She's always been pleasant, responsive, and caring with regard to my son and us, his parents.. She is incredibly thorough in trying to determine the exact nature of any seizure he has, so that she can prescribe the best medication for him. She's always lived up to the strong recommendation of the pediatric neurologist at Children's Hospital who referred us to her when he left the DC area.
Rockville, MD |
She is fantastic. We took our son to see her with a motor tic. The first visit she spent over an hour with us and in later visits almost the same amount of time. At first she seems cold but really I think she just wants to make sure she understands all the details on the situation. After she gets to know you and your child better she warms up and is really fantastic with the kids and the adults. Additionally, Judy her assistant is fantastic. This office knows how to be kind.
Frederick, PA |
Twice she gave us advice that she later told us was not the best course of action. The second time, it caused my daughter to have another seizure. She told us to stop a certain medicine, and my girl seized. Later, she told us that it was because she stopped the medicine that the seizure happened. Seriously, who does that?
in Rockville, MD |
My experience with Dr. Rajasingham was very upsetting and a nightmare. I had never encounter that kind of treatment from any other Dr. since I lived US. I was referred by one of the best psychiatric to see her, if she could contribute any additional thoughts or solutions with the problem we are facing with our daughter problems. But it is so sad to found her completely rude to our daughter and very unprofessional. I couldn't even stand her to talk to her. I left with my daughter with sad heart.
New York, NY |
She helped get my child's seizure disorder under control. She is quick, maybe impatient, but spends a lot if
MD |
The office is dirty and run down. Patient privacy act paper work not available unless you ask, but you will be asked to sign that you received it even if you don't. Bedside manner is non-existent and she is working with CHILDREN. Keep looking for another neurologist.
in Rockville, MD |
We had a bad experience with Dr. Rajasingham. I wish she was more patient and took the time to really evaluate the situation. My son suffered from stress/anxiety related migraines in the beginning of Middle school. Dr. R. spent barely 5 min with my son, was rushing. My son felt that she does not trust his answers to her questions. she prescribed a strong medication that is usually given to epilepsy patients that was causing bad side effects, and we stopped using and went to Childrens Hospital.
in Olney, MD |
I adore Dr. Rajasingham. We have two children with epilepsy and had seen two other well respected, highly recommended local neurologists before her. She is accessible. She takes significant time and thought with each child to evaluate and make decisions regarding care. Her office manager, Judy, is wonderful. She always gets back to you with a quick response, and she's kind and helpful. If you want a ped neurologist who actually calls you back and puts time and thought into your child, she's it.
Have you seen Dr. Shusila Rajasingham, MD?
Are you Dr. Rajasingham?