Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Shuriz Hishmeh, MD
Dr. Shuriz Hishmeh, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Syosset, NY. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Hishmeh is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Catherine of Siena Medical Center and NYU Winthrop Hospital.

Shuriz Hishmeh, MD, PLLC

175 Jericho Tpke Ste 120

Syosset, NY 11791

Learn about Dr. Hishmeh

Dr. Hishmeh's Experience

Dr. Hishmeh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Kyphosis
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Scoliosis Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University

• Patient's Choice Award, 2012
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2011
  • Combined Traumatic Occiput-C1 and C1-C2 Dissociation: Two case reports., 2009
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome: A Current Review, 2008
  • Oral Supplementation of Chondroitin Sulfate to Facilitate Fracture Healing: A Pilot Study., 2007

Dr. Hishmeh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hishmeh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hishmeh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hishmeh to family and friends
Dr. Hishmeh Says:

I am humbled by the responses of my patients. Thank you for your kind support. I will always try my best to make all of my patients feel comfortable and happy with their entire experience in my office. Thank you again. SH

Dr. Hishmeh's Performance
in Melville, NY |
This surgeon is at the top of his game & loves what he does! Perfect combination! After each appointment - we felt that our child wasn’t just another case in a long career of spinal surgeries. He has the experience & compassion necessary. He answered every one of our 100+ questions direct & honest both pre & post op. He was available 24/7 after the short hospital stay for my EVERY worry through her recovery; an excellent surgeon with a kind bedside manner & lovely office staff. SO DIFFERENT:)
in Massapequa, NY |
On May 14th I had an extremely painful episode of non stop agony due to L5-S1 herniated disc impacting my sciatic nerve. This caused extreme pain traversing from my right buttock to my ankle 24/7 and left me bedridden and wheelchair bound. My doctor sent me to Dr Hishmeh on May 22nd, who jumped through hoops and performed surgery on May 26th. It would have never happened without the efforts of Dr. Hishmeh and his excellent staff. As of today May 31st, I am walking and pain free. Highly recommend
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Hishmeh has taken care of my father and now me. He operated on my father about 5 years ago when he had a tough time walking. Now he walks Roosevelt field mall with his friends for 1 and a half hours every morning. About 7 months ago Dr. Hishmeh did neck surgery on me. I had a tough time swallowing and eating foods for about a week, but fast forward and I feel great. Some back of neck soreness at the end of the day, but otherwise great. My arm pain is gone and my strength is back to normal. I
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Hishmeh is fantastic! I was diagnosed with 2 herniated discs in my cervical spine and pain management was no longer working for me. I didn't have quality of life - I couldn't do the things I loved anymore and it was also affecting my job. I was terrified of surgery but Dr. Hishmeh made me comfortable and confident that I was making the right decision. His bedside manner is top-notch and he couldn't be more friendly and comforting! I would highly recommend Dr. Hishmeh to my friends & family!
in Levittown, NY |
Went to Dr. Hishmeh in an emergency situation, he was wonderful and took care of everything. Good bedside manner and very comforting. Great surgeon. Excellent job, thank you very much
Flushing, NY |
Please stay away from this surgeon. He is truly a nightmare. He really has no idea what he's doing. He performed spinal surgery on me and I am worse than before surgery. I am pretty much disabled and I have such chronic pain. He lied and was not truthful when it came to what I should expect. Take my advice or you'll be sorry
in East Meadow, ANY |
I went into Winthrop thinking I was going to get steroids when the doctors/surgeon reviewed my MRI and discussed my symptoms it was decided that I needed to take care of me herniated disk immediately. Doctor Hishmeh was the surgeon on call and he arrived after midnight with an extremely positive and motivated attitude. He and his team made me feel assured that everything was going to be a "piece of cake". Sure enough I was home the same day.
in Franklin Square, NY |
Dr. Hishmeh is extremely knowledgeable and patient. He answered all of my questions pre and post back surgery. Dr. Hishmeh is a physician who listens intently to his patients.
in S. Hempstead, NY |
You'll never meet a more straight forward, no BS, honest doctor. He made himself available to me 24/7 before and after my surgery which (so far) has been a great success. I hobbled into the hospital with a cane extreme pain and I walked out of the hospital, same day, on my own, pain free. Post op he has offered the same amazing attention as pre-op and I get the sense that he genuinely cares about his patients quality of life. A lot of doctors out there can take a page from him.
in West Hempstead, NY |
dr hishmeh is an amazing surgeon had neck spine surgery 2 weeks ago today and i feel 150% better before the surgery he explain in full detail the positvie and negatives of the procedure with his main focus on the positive i feel very comfortable recommending him to anyone in need of surgery and thank him for changing my life he is the real deal
in Hicksville, NY |
Dr hishmeh was very comforting and kept me in the loop about explaining procedures and whatever I needed to talk after my surgery he is always there for me. I am 31/2months post op he is there for me. It was surgery for me. But without dr shuriz hishmeh I could not have done this surgery. There were times I was angry and he suspected and understood what I been through. I am doing good now but still need more physical therapy and I am progressing well according to my physical therapist .
in West Islip, NY |
I have multiple health issues and unfortunately have had to see soooo many different doctors through the years in various specialities... Dr Hishmeh is one of a kind. Unlike many other doctors who talk as if they are smarter than their patients, Dr hishmeh spoke to me like an equal. He also was able to view my case, look at the whole picture and assess the type of surgery I need properly, unlike surgeons I met with in the past. I will be using him for my spinal surgery!
in Selden, NY |
From my first meeting with Dr Hishmeh I knew I had found a caring and compassionate doctor. After discussing the details of my surgery not only my head but heart as well knew I had found the right surgeon. Dr Hishmeh is a highly skilled surgeon that I have and will continue to recommend to anyone in need of surgery with complete confidence that I'm sending that person to an amazing doctor. Thank you and God bless you for taking such awesome care of me. You and your staff are the best.
in Commack, New York |
Dr.Hishmeh was a great spine surgeon. He did my scoliosis surgery on July 31st 2015.I had no complications.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr. Hishmeh is dedicated, honest, compassionate and a truly masterful surgeon. He and his staff are always available and answer every question. They are patient, kind and thoughtful and find a way to make each patient feel as if they are the only one in the world. Dr. Hishmeh doesn't rush through appointments, he evaluates your personal situation and explains every detail to you. My surgery was a great success and all my pain is resolved, I'm very grateful to have him as my surgeon.
in MINEOLA |
Md.Hishmeh and his Staff. Was Fantastic, Outstanding, Excellent. Truly the VERY BEST DOCTORS OFFICE. I EVER ATTENDED IN MY 66 YEARS. KEEP UP WHAT EVER YOU GUYS ARE DOING. YOURS TRULY MICHAEL WASSERMAN
Have you seen Dr. Shuriz Hishmeh, MD?
Are you Dr. Hishmeh?