Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD

Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD

Pediatric Urology  ·
Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD is a pediatric urology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in pediatric urology.Read his story

3959 Broadway

• Ureteral Stricture or Kinking
  • Ureterocele, Congenital
  • Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urologic Reconstruction
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Pediatric Urology

4.5

Dr. Alam?
Dr. Alam's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD
Dr. Alam approach is to do what is best for your child in the long run. You can't get any better. He is the real deal.. advocating for your child!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
He think out of the box,He always have solution and know how to fix it in a best way ..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
My husband and I Met Dr.Alam shortly after my daughter was born. He was instrumental in saving her life. I wish I would have know about him during my pregnancy it would have saved my family a very traumatizing birth experience. Dr Alam is great at what he does. He has excellent bedside manner. He’s always available to us and his staff is extremely helpful. My daughter will have a couple surgeries this year with him, and I’m not too anxious about these procedures. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Our son has seen Dr. Alam since birth and there is no chance we will ever switch. Dr. Alam's care of our son has made his life so much better. Dr. Alam doesnt hold anything back and thats one thing I love about him. He is a great advocate for "his" kids and I feel like he truly cares for my son. My son has never really had any set backs due to his care, maybe thats because Dr. Alam is so good at what he does. :-)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
We love Dr. Alam! He is the most caring, gentle, thoughtful, doctor that we have delt with. He saved our 11yr old daughters life. Before we came to Dr. Alam, she was very sick. Dr. Alam was very through with us, he was very honest with us, and my daughters surgical outcome was nothing but a miracle! We would highly recommend Dr. Alam!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Wonderful doctor. Always puts the patients need as an individual first. My daughter has seen many doctors for her special needs and I have been her advocate with every one, With Dr. Alam I can rest easier because with him she has 2 tough advocates, him as well as me. He's kind and engaging with my daughter and respects me enough to tell me the truth. His staff is kind and considerate. Nurses always get back with me quickly and take the time to answer all my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam saved our daughter's life. He treats each patient like it would be his own child. You can't ask for a more dedicated surgeon and comprehensive care physician. He is elite in everything he does, and we travel over 1200 miles to be seen and treated by him. For his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
We have been patients of Dr. Alam since 2011 when my son was critically ill. He has thrived under his care. Dr. Alam is very knowledgeable, experienced with bladder/kidney issues in children with complex conditions. While he is not a sweet, warm fuzzy type- he treats you as a partner in care, is transparent in his reasoning for the plan of care, and is there for you when it matters most- even if it means calling/texting you from halfway across the world. We cannot recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam and his team are truly amazing. We travel from Texas just to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
We met Dr. Alam almost 3 years ago and anyone who mentions a urology issue especially if it's complex, I recommend they speak to Dr.Alam. We travel from Florida for our daughter to see him as he is one of the the best. He truly loves and cares for his patients and he has always been there for us no matter what time or day it is. I can't say enough about him. I also love the fact that he wont turn his back on his patients once they are an adult.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
We travel from Alabama to New York to see Dr. Alam for my 11 year old son. He is the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam has treated my daughter for years and saved her life. He is the best urologist, best surgeon, and most caring doctor we’ve ever met. I would give him 10 stars if that rating was allowed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam is an incredible doctor, surgeon, and human being. When we were considering adopting our son with severe urogenital needs, Dr. Alam called us within minutes of receiving our email, requesting he review the medical file. He spent 15 minutes on the phone answering questions, and we weren't even patients yet! We travel from SC to see him and our son adores him. Dr. Alam has saved our son's bladder & one remaining kidney and has provided my son with a better quality of life. We love him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Called this doctor to set up an apptm for our son 8yrs old. We had specific concerns that pertain to urology (genitals), Our concerns were from observations, we're not satisfied with our primary physician, and decided to see an pediatric urologist. Dr.Alam's assistant was very rude, dragging us for 10-15 minutes through the insurance, only to tell us afterwards that they don't do visits without a recommendation from a primary physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam and his entire staff is nothing short of exceptional. If you're seeking top notch care in a caring and emphatic environment, he is definitely the best choice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
We contacted Dr. Alam for a 2nd opinion for my 4 year old son. He was being diagnosed with a bladder tumor. Doctors in NJ wanted to perform surgery right away. I was able to contact Dr. Alam who saw us immed. After testing, turns out it was not a tumor at all, just inflammation as Dr. Alam initially suspected. We were so grateful! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Alam. He is a skilled pro and a gentleman who genuinely cares for patients and their families. More like him pls!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?
condescending. rude. egotistical. doesn't listen to families or answer children's questions directly. dismissive of other professionals in the presence of patients. complains about institution in the presence of patience. highly unprofessional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shumyle Alam, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alam?

Insurance accepted

CoreSource
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield