Dr. Shon Cook, MD

Dr. Shon Cook, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Shon Cook, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

Shon Cook, MD, PLLC

11317 S Western Ave Ste 300

Oklahoma City, OK 73170

• Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma

Learn about Dr. Cook

See how frequently Dr. Cook performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Spondylosis
Herniated Disc

Dr. Cook's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "Patient comfort is as important as overall outcome. By using minimally invasive techniques in all aspects of neurosurgery, hospital stay and recovery time are shortened, while patient discomfort is minimized. Surgery should always be the last option after all non-surgical options have failed. If surgery is the only option left, then the least invasive option that alleviates the symptoms should always be chosen."

• Neurosurgery

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Intracranial Hematoma
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Moyamoya Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spondylosis
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hematoma
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Endoscopy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cook's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Cook's Performance
in Duncan OK |
Dr Cook did the most exceptional job in removing the tumor from my moms brain. She was left with no deficits and we are super happy with the surgery. He is not the most personal doctor but if you want a fabulous surgeon, dr cook is your guy.
Tulsa, OK |
Awesome doctor,
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I have always appreciated the kind staff and expertise at Dr. Shon Cook's office. My questions and concerns are answered promptly. I feel they go above and beyond to make sure their patients are well-informed and receive great care. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone.
Same experience as all the other poor ratings, rude. Waiting behind the laptop without a word. Then dissmissive attitude "why are you here?". "Everyone hurts, get over it". No nurse? And an office staff that are clueless. Disappointing to say the the least.
in Hinton,Ok |
First appt today, I must say some of these comments and reviews don't fit the man I met today. Dr. Cook seemed very pleasant and knowledgeable. He was very thorough in reviewing my medical history, which is quite extensive. I was very nervous going to a new Dr, but after our visit I feel very comfortable proceeding with the next procedure I will have to have done. I've already had surgery on my lower spine as well as ablations on the nerves in my back. Office staff very friendly as well.
in Oklahoma City |
I was very comfortable about having Neuro Surgery after meeting Dr. Cook. He is very confident, which made me feel better, and I liked that he was direct to the point and explained everything that was going to take place. I have already recommended him to friends at church. While I was in the hospital 2 nurses told me what a good Dr he is and his patients always recovered quickly. (I went home the next day) I would highly recommend Dr Cook.
in Pauls Valley, OK |
Dr. Cook is very thorough in reviewing your medical history and current tests. If he is able to help you, he will do an excellent job from start to finish. He is professional and HONEST! If he cannot help improve your pain level and quality of life, he will be frank and tell you the truth! He employs a staff of good, caring, and very efficient folks who are considerate and thoughtful.
in Yukon, OK |
Dr. Cook was very professional. He explained my MRI to my husband and I and what was going on inside my head. (I had been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia.) He explained the options that I had to try to correct it and that surgery was the best option with less chance of side effects and a better percentage of correcting the problem. The surgery went perfectly and the result is I am pain free and have my life back again. I would highly recommend Dr. Cook to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.
Oklahoma City, OK |
My father had a petuitary tumor and was sent to dr. Cook. We sat in the waiting room for two hours and ten minutes before being called back. Cook sat in front of us, on his laptop and idn't say a word. It was 20 minutes of us all looking like "should we say something?" He finally looked up and said "why are you here?" He was so rude &condescending to my 86 year old father. He told us to go find a neurologist then come back. Much more happemed but I'm out of room. Do NOT go to this "doctor".
By the age and diagnosis stated in this review, I know who this patient is. Unfortunately, HIPPA laws prevent me from revealing any specific information about this patient. Looking back at his chart, this is not at all accurate, and not what I told them to do. This was posted more than a year after I saw him, and I did not tell them what they say I did, so they may have me confused with a different doctor. I wish I could provide specific details, but the law prevents me from doing so.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I was referred to Dr. Cook for a complex tri-lobed cerebral aneurysm surgery where coiling was not an option. I went in for a consultation and scheduled surgery. Listening to my gut feeling, I called Dr. Cook's office to postpone the surgery in order to be able to obtain a 2nd opinion. His receptionist put the doctor, himself, on the phone to talk with me. It was during this call that he threw a tantrum like a 2-year-old. Sure glad I didn't go in for surgery with him! Very unprofessional!!
By reading this review, I can tell who this patient is, and I really wish HIPAA laws allowed me to say what really happened. This is a libelous review that I have asked Healthgrades to remove, but they have not. It is simply a blatant lie.
in Asher, OK |
dr cook was rude and dismissive. he tried to compare his injury to mine which is not cool. would not recommend to my dog. I see now why the norman surgeons group kicked him out. good decision. not professional at all
I have not seen a patient with this name. I was never in any "norman surgeons group", and I have never been kicked out of any group. Nothing in this review is accurate. I don't think this review is about me. I have asked health grades to remove this libelous review, but they have not.
Have you seen Dr. Shon Cook, MD?

Visit Dr. Cook