Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD

Vascular & Interventional Radiology ·  Male · Age 42

Dr. Bhatia

University Of Miami Medical School

1611 NW 12th Ave # W279 Miami, FL 33136

Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD is a vascular & interventional radiology specialist in Miami, FL. He specializes in vascular & interventional radiology, interventional radiology, and more.

Dr. Bhatia accepts

Dr. Bhatia accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Neighborhood Health Plan
State Farm
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Bhatia's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bhatia's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Bhatia performs Vascular Transcatheter Embolization more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bhatia performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Vascular Disease

Dr. Bhatia treats Vascular Disease more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Bhatia treats this condition more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Bhatia's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Aneurysm
  • Arteriovenous Shunt Creation
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis

98.83720930232558%

Dr. Bhatia?
Dr. Bhatia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD
I was referred by my urologist to Dr. Bhatia. My symptoms were urine retention and enlarged prostate. He was very thorough in his examinations. He required me to take prostate and bladder scans before I would qualify for the procedure. I was surprised that my previous urologists never required it. We found out that my prostate was huge and impinging into my bladder. The PAE was amazing, embolization thru my wrist and I was communicating with Dr. Bhatia throughout the procedure. After 5 months, my prostate has shrunk more that 50%. I am off any medication and my urine flow is fantastic. He is an outstanding doctor and communicates to his patients extremely well. Dr. Bhatia is a super star and I am honored to have been his patient. I learned that he was promoted to be chair of his department, a well deserved appointment.. I look forward to learn about his new advanced procedures. Dr. Bhatia is the BEST.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Thank you so much Doctor Bhatia for providing such wonderful prostate procedure! You were very professional and provided me with an exceptional experience.”
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I had a procedure done by Dr. Bhatia on my prostate, needless to say that I am more than pleased with the results. He is very knowledgeable and trustworthy on what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Bhatia by my urologist for prostate artery embolization after my prostate condition began having a serious negative impact on my life. (Up 5 times a night, etc. You know the drill.) The procedure went more smoothly than I expected, with little pain or discomfort. He was very attentive, very concerned about me personally, and his team is first rate. Six months after the procedure, I sleep through the night, endure long flights without running to the bathroom, etc. I'm completely off prostate medication that was making me feel dizzy and tired. Dr. Bhatia is also thorough with follow-up visits and in explaining the procedure and the recovery process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I did a lot of research before selecting Dr. Bhatia and requesting him to perform a PAE. He and his staff were very professional, answered all of my questions, ensured I was comfortable before and following the procedure. I am 13 months post procedure and have zero issues, am off all previous medications. FYI - don't rely on your Urologist to recommend you consider a PAE because this procedure is not in their revenue stream. Dr. Bhatia is and his support staff are outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhatia performed the PAE procedure on me on October, 2018, and the results have been phenomenal. I m very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend Dr. Shivank Bhatia to anyone with prostate issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I had PAE 5 weeks ago. I came to Dr Bhatia from Ct, after much research. I had been retaining about 1000cc, and been catheterized from September 17. I was afraid of TURP, and desperate to find an alternative. He is one of the two most experienced in the US and practices in a hospital setting, which is comforting. The procedure itself is totally painless. It took 5 weeks, but I am now catheter free. I recommend consulting with a trusted urologist, and going to Bhatia, if PAE is decided upon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Dr and Staff are wonderful. His PAE procedure is FANTASTIC!! Such a better choice than TURP, Laser... Cant say enough about what a great Dr and Procedure!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Dr Bhatia me practico el cateterismo de prostata devolviendome la normalidad en mi vida puedo orinar normalmente y participar en todas las actividades ya no orino por la noche pues no podia ni dormir ademas no tengo que utilisar el cateter para evacuar la vegiga fue un exitoso proceso que si tubiera que repetirlo lo haria
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I travelled from Canada for PAE treatment with Dr Bhatia. From my pre-consult to the procedure itself, Dr Bhatia and his team were so professional and at the same time made me feel comfortable and cared for. The actual procedure lasted about 1.5 hours. I am now 14 days post PAE, already the results have exceeded my expectations. Truly life changing. I could not be more grateful to Dr Bhatia and would suggest anyone struggling with BPH as I have , to contact him. He is THE guy. Andrew. Canada.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhatia is world renowned in developing and performing the PAE procedure. His expertise and experience performing these procedures is unsurpassed, which is critical given each individual's anatomy is unique. He provided thoughtful, compassionate, and technically excellent care before and post-procedure. He was very communicative with patients family and advocates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I have the highest regard for Dr. Bhatia at the UMMS and want to thank him for life. For the last 10 years, I was totally blocked before the PAE procedure was done on 6/20/18, living on Self-Catheterization and Medications. Meeting with Dr. Bhatia it’s like meeting a personal friend. He makes you feel comfortable, and gives you a tremendous amount of confident that this is going to work, and it did. He followed up after by calling me personally. Life is back and i am doing great. So, just do it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhathia changes lives with his kind and compassionate heart, providing a miracle procedure called PAE. After 10 years of enlarge prostate issues such as sleepless nights due to urgency to urinate, I now sleep through the night. It has been a month since I've had the surgery on Aug 22nd and although the first week was challenging everything is going amazing. I am off Flomax, I highly recommend any one dealing with prostate issues to consider seeking his services. Thank you Dr. Bhathia and tea
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
A true caring professional in every respect. His PAE procedure for BPH is life-changing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
The quality of my life has improved exponentially because of Dr Bhatia. I have suffered with BPH for 20 years The last few years have been debilitating and filled with discomfort and pain. Pharmaceutical drugs were ineffective. The only option offered was a surgergy "TURP" Fortunately I was referred to Dr Bhatia. On August 1st Dr Bhatia performed the PAE. Within just a few days I was a new man. Dr Bhatia is not only a great doctor but a kind and compassionate person. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I had the PAE done on May 2018 and must say that Dr. Bhatia is a breakthrough Dr. by curing 100% the BPH that many men are suffering. Very simple one day outpatient procedure may all the difference in my quality of life. I can't thank him enough for this scientific miracle cure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I am a 77 y.o retired Physician. I underwent a PAE procedure in May 2018. The results have been excellent. Before the procedure it could take as long as 20 minutes to urinate at night. Now it is immediate. Sleeping much better. Peeing like a young man again. Dr Bhatia is a caring professional - a superb Physician. I would recommend both Dr Bhatia and this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
He's a very nice and experienced Doctor in the subject matter. I highly recommend Dr. Bathia and his procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I had a PAE procedure with Dr Bathia and his team 3 months ago. Results are excellent, my BPH symptoms disappear. He was always very responsive to my questions. I fully recommend Dr Bathia and the entire interventional radiology team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?
I am now 1 year post PAE and things continue to improve. There are still no BPH symptoms and my PSA results are the same as they were 1 month post procedure. My prostate has further decreased in size so I really cannot ask for more. I am so thankful that a was able to find Dr. Bhatia. He has literally changed everything for me. For reference, you can see my initial review by looking back to Aug 4, 2017.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivank Bhatia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhatia?

• Vascular & Interventional Radiology
  • Diagnostic Radiology
  • Interventional Radiology

• Diagnostic Radiology
  • Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology

Jackson Memorial Hospital-University Miami School Medicine

• Hindi

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bhatia treats patients.