Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD

Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Chicago Medical School in 2004 and specializes in neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

40 DUKE MEDICINE CIR Ste 1C

Durham, NC 27710

Learn about Dr. Lad

See how frequently Dr. Lad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Neurostimulation
Spinal Cord Stimulation

Dr. Lad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lad "I am a neurosurgeon and researcher who focuses on surgical solutions for movement disorders and pain due to cancer prior nerve injury stroke failed back surgery limb amputation trigeminal neuralgia and other causes. I have always been fascinated by how the brain and spinal cord works converting a thought in your mind to a physical action or feeling. As a neurosurgeon I get to treat people who have problems with this process. Every day I get to help patients make dramatic improvements in their quality of life which is greatly rewarding. At Duke were lucky to have access to the latest technologies and world-class research. Our technology allows us to perform surgeries in the least invasive most precise ways possible. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my wife and three young boys."

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Lad does not have any board certifications listed.

1 Malpractice Claim

• Stanford University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Stanford University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Lad has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lad

3.8

Dr. Lad?
Dr. Lad's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD
RecentHighestLowest
I’ve had several surgeries with Dr Lad. He is very professional and extremely knowledgeable of my surgery. He has a wonderful bedside manner,and always has time for my concerns. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Beth Becker in Apex,nc – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD?
Dr. Lad is one of the most compassionate, professional and thorough doctors I have seen. His entire team, and particularly Beth, explained everything in detail; answered my endless questions with patience, and took great care of me. Dr. Lad has performed 5 surgeries on me and has provided profound...Read More
A.C. in Richmond, VA – Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD?
Dr. Lad truly cares about his patients and really listens to his patient's needs.
Durham, NC – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD?
In 2014 I had brain and chest surgery, was allowed to stay at Duke hospital for one night. Sent home without follow-up. Went to UNC emergency the next day since I didn't have balance. Now I have the following disabilities - numb upper lip and numb right hand. I use weights on my right hand so I...Read More
Judith in Wellfleet, MA – Jun 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD?
Great bedside manners, very intelligent, easy to speak with. Him and his team are awesome. My mom has been extremely nervous about going through with DBS surgery. But with encouragement, information, and a little humor, the team and Dr. Lad had my mom on board. She's now two days post op and...Read More
Aberdeen, NC – Mar 23, 2017
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lad?