Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD

Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

I am a neurosurgeon and researcher who focuses on surgical solutions for movement disorders and pain due to cancer prior nerve injury stroke failed back surgery limb amputation trigeminal neuralgia and other causes. I have always been fascinated by how the brain and spinal cord works converting a thought in your mind to a physical action or feeling. As a neurosurgeon I get to treat people who have problems with this process. Every day I get to help patients make dramatic improvements in their quality of life which is greatly rewarding. At Duke were lucky to have access to the latest technologies and world-class research. Our technology allows us to perform surgeries in the least invasive most precise ways possible. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my wife and three young boys.

Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Lad is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Lad's Experience

See how Dr. Lad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lad

Dr. Lad accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lad to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Lad's Performance
Aberdeen, NC |
Great bedside manners, very intelligent, easy to speak with. Him and his team are awesome. My mom has been extremely nervous about going through with DBS surgery. But with encouragement, information, and a little humor, the team and Dr. Lad had my mom on board. She's now two days post op and recovering smoothly! Bless the hands of all surgeons who are equipped with this level of precision and intelligence. I would recommend Dr. Lad to anyone going through neurosurgery.
in Charlotte, NC |
Top notch! I have been treated by Dr Lad for the last 9 months and have required 2 surgeries. Dr Lad worked closely with my Neurologist to assure I neither rushed to surgery nor delayed relief once medical management failed. Not only did Dr Lad explain TN to me, Beth also took the time to reexplain to my family and friends helping to build an effective support for me at home. BRILLIANT! Highly recommended!! This team is busy, yes, but effective behind the scenes and will take good care of you!
in Leland, NC |
My appointment was at 12:00 pm on September 8, 2016. I was seen by medical student at 2:15, who asked me some questions and check my reflexes on knee and ankles. At 2:30 pm Dr. Lad came in, no examination at all, just stated that my spinal cord injury could not be fixed. That maybe with aggressive spinal cord rehab it may heal or it may not. I was completely disappointed, since Dr. Dennis Turner referred my case to Dr. Lad.
He was great in explaining exactly what was going to happen! If it was just Dr. Lad we were dealing with the experience would probably have been wonderful . We thought Beth was going to be a help during the process . Unfortunately ,Beth the PA was not organized didn't have paper work ready when she said she would ,,didn't communicate with us at all in regard to the complications with the surgery and is still not!! She has been a hindrance. We are now looking elsewhere to have the surgery .
Have you seen Dr. Shivanand Lad, MD?
Are you Dr. Lad?

Compare Dr. Lad

Dr. Lad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Stanford University Medical Center

Completed in 2011

Stanford University Medical Center

Completed in 2009

Dr. Lad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent