Dr. Shital Patel, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismFemaleAge 53

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Shital Patel, MD is an Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Wellington, FL and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Patel has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. She graduated from Topiwala Natl Med Coll, Bombay in 1992. She is affiliated with Good Samaritan Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Shital Patel, MD

Palm Beach Diabetes & Endocrine Specialists, P.A.

1041 S State Road 7 Ste 1 Wellington, FL 33414
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Patel

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Patel treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Patel treats other conditions, please contact the office at (561) 659-6336.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Patel is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Patel is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Goiter
Abnormal Thyroid
Goiter

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Patel is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Lipedema
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipoprotein Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

3.0

Not familiar with my chart after 1 yr!
I went to Dr Patel because I have Hashimotos Disease (which supposedly she specializes in) and also because of growths on my thyroid which at time swell up and make it difficult to swallow. She does not communicate well and often times she gives me instructions (for example upping my thyroid meds to two on the weekend) and does not remember or write down her instructions to me. When I tell her that I was instructed by her to take two thyroid pills on the weekends by her the last time I was there but she wasn’t filling my prescription to accommodate that, she acts like it was solely my decision alone and denies telling me she told me to do that! It also feels like she has no idea whom I even am. Wait times are ridiculous. I will either ask to see another doctor in the office or go somewhere else as I feel like she may be thinking I am someone else when she sees me since she is not familiar with me at all when I have an appt
Aug 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Patel for 10 years. I started visiting her Wellington office and then I move to Jupiter and I am more that happy she has a Jupiter office. She is caring, takes time to discuss health matters as well as your lifestyle. She is knowledgeable and go the extra mile to understand my individual health issues. She ask about my family and makes sure she has all the information possible to understand my health. She also provides me with options and information about medication, vitamins and supplements. I am very grateful to her and her staff. They make me feel comfortable and welcome every time I visit either in person or via tele-visit. Thank You Dr. Patel for all your help!
Gisela Lozada – Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
My wife and I both have been patients of Dr. Patel for at least 15 years. She is an excellent doctor who is very concerned about your well-being and always on top of your health. Her office visits are not rushed and is willing to answer all questions you may have. She is direct with her answers and knows what is best for you, which we like. To some who grade her 1 star may think that this is condescending, rude, and bad bed-side manner; it is not. Dr. Patel treats us with respect at all times. She knows her stuff and truly cares about all her patients. A doctor who is concerned about us, is direct in what should be done, is a doctor we want on our side. Her staff is also top-notch.
Jul 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Terrible Bedside manner.....obvious endocrine issues that other Drs. have now confirmed and are seeing/treating us for. Dismissive attitude of our questions, repetitively incompetent labs (we had to do the same 13 vile blood draw and 24 hr. urine collection 3 times because of lab and office screwups) In the end we were dismissed and told that our health issues were related to "anxiety!" We are now under competent and professional care and being treated for Cancer. If only she'd have done her job 8 months ago! Find a different Doctor!......don't walk....run!!
R. Herter – Sep 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Patel for several years to monitor and treat my thyroid condition. She has always been professional and patient regardless of the number of questions I may ask. She goes above and beyond at every visit. She is as personable as she is knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her!!!
Walter Martin – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel has been my Doctor for many years. She is very involved with her patients and eager to see positive results. I recommend Dr. Patel always and have recommended to lots of friends and family and all have remained her patients. Everyone in the office is wonderful and so helpful. I see her in her Wellington office.
Paula Silva – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel has been my Diabetes specialist for about 16 years. She discussed blood results and we amend insulin as needed. She is eager to answer questions I might have. Anne, the Phlebotomist, is painless drawing blood! The wait can be up to an hour to see the doctor, but the visits are worth it!
Ann Friedlander – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel has been very helpful and caring since I met her. She has recently helped me get through a thyroid biopsy that I was not feeling good about. She took her time with me and cares about all my concerns and I feel she is going to take good care of me. I would recomend Dr. Patel to all. Her team is very sweet to me as well! Thank you guys! Beth Jurek
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
PBDES/Doctors takes patient experience seriously. We pride ourselves on providing the best care possible whenever possible. Due to HIPAA privacy concerns, we are not able to address your concern online, but please feel free to call 561-833-4755 or emailing us at [email protected]
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Excellent doctor and great personality. Would recommend Dr Patel to all.
Mar 27, 2019
Excellent
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Terrible bedside manner. Does not let you finish a sentence. Incompetent staff.
Boca Raton, FL – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
After waiting 1 1/2 hr, never been so insulted by a Dr. She is beyond condescending and barks at you when she rudely corrects you. If you ask questions she treats you like you are jumping ahead as she rudely shuts you down. She gets annoyed if you ask her to repeat herself because she doesn't speak clearly and not to mention fast ! She told me to get me blood test right away at 8 am and I said, I can go now since I haven't eaten today, she rudely barked, ''you didn't listen I told you 8 AM !!
West Palm Beach, FL – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
My experience is so very different then the negative reviews. I felt very comfortable talking to Dr.Patel. She took as much time as I needed. Although very professional, I felt like I was consulting with a friend, and whom had the answers I had been looking for! Hopefully, I am on my way to a better thyroid plan.
Tequesta, FL – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Very knowledgeable. Was a great help with my thyroid issues.
Vanessa in Jupiter – Sep 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?
Dr Patel was one of the worst Dr's I have ever met with. I brought my daughter there to be tested for PCOS and when I asked questions she called them stupid. I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my life. She doesn't return phone calls and then I cancelled future appointment and explained why I decided to part ways with the receptionist. I told her I didn't feel she had a good bedside manner and we will not be returning.
Never returning in Lake Worth, FL – Aug 23, 2016
Most paperwork ever, no a huge deal, but then almst 2 hr wait. Unreal
tequesta – Jan 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shital Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?