Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD
Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Auburn, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Mirza is affiliated with Auburn Community Hospital.

399 Grant Avenue Rd Ste 1

Auburn, NY 13021

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Mirza

Dr. Mirza's Experience

Dr. Mirza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pheochromocytoma
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Fac Med U Baghdad
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Maryland General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Maryland General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • U Vt/Med Ctr Hosp Of Vt
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Mirza has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mirza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mirza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mirza's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mirza to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Mirza's Performance
in Manlius, NY |
Dr. Mirza was a breath of fresh air, spending copious time with me to make sure he knew my entire medical background by the end of the first appointment. I needed a thyroid biopsy, and as one with a pathological fear of needles, it was a smooth and easy biopsy experience. I’m not through treatments under his care, but so far I’m already seeing positive results in so many areas regarding my health.
NY |
I had my first visit with Dr. Mirza and he is exactly what I have been looking for over the past decade. I lost all my 20s to disease and feeling ill. Doc spent 2 hours with me reviewing labs and history to develop a plan that is tailored to my needs. He looks at the body as a whole and treats the problems, not the symptoms. I'm excited to get on this path to wellness with Dr. Mirza! He's a blessing, I can already tell! The 2 hour round trip is well worth it!
Syracuse, NY |
Very knowledgeable. After the first two visits I felt I had finally found a provider who looked at the whole picture, listened, and who was up to date and evidenced based. I was blind-sighted by his professional misconduct on the third and last visit when he lost his temper and spent the remainder of the visit scolding me and insulting me for asking clarifying questions pertaining to the information he had conveyed to me. He offered no apology accept to say he wouldn't scream at me next time.
in Auburn, NY |
All the good reviews are correct. The most thorough doctor I have ever met. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a doctor this smart to solve your problems.
in Auburn, NY |
Short fuse. Gets upset over nothing. Easily agitated. His way or the highway.
in Sherrill, NY |
Dr Shirwan Mirza is an amazing endocrinologist! I am an RN & have been dealing with thyroid issues since 2005. I also have Multiple Sclerosis & many other medical problems. Dr. Mirza is the 1st doctor to take the time to listen & truly find the cause of my medical problems. After a complete exam he takes the time to listen & explain to you his findings. Dr Mirza has given me hope again that I can get well & have a healthy & happy life again! I strongly recommend him to anyone. He really cares!
in Waterloo, NY |
I was misdiagnosed by another Dr. with a false negative for celiac! I have been in Dr. Mirza's care for almost a year! I was so malnourished, fatigued, bloated, achy and had heart burn all the time, I had weight that I couldn't lose . In the time I have been in his care my B-12 and D-3 are perfect after being deficient for years! I no longer have any of the symptoms prior. He is so passionate about proper diagnosis! Bonus, I lost 20 lbs. I can't thank you enough Dr. Mirza you are amazing. :)
in Auburn, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Mirza since 2010 and no one else would take the time to figure out what was wrong with me...and there were multiple issues. For the FIRST time, a doctor didn't try to give me a prescription to 'fix' me but took the time necessary to get to the root of the problems and CURE them rather than treat the symptoms. I HIGHLY recommend him and would not hesitate to send anyone to him. His staff is professional, efficient and friendly as well.
in Geneva, NY |
My Primary Care Dr. recommended Dr. Mirza to me over three years ago. I'm so glad he did. Dr. Mirza diagnosed me with Celiac disease over 3 years ago. I had no idea that he was right, however, after having genetic blood work done Celiac was confirmed. He is exceptionally thorough. He actually listens :) and he always explains why he is recommending a certain course of action. If it were not for him I would be a very unhealthy person with very little energy for life.
in Liverpool New York |
I was very ill when I first met dr Mirza I had been sick for a long time with no diagnosis. his statement to me was " you didn't get sick overnight, you're not going to get better overnight but if you stick with me and trust me I promise you will get better" 6 years later I am feeling 100% better thanks to dr mirza
Utica, NY |
after years of trying to figure out what was causing all of my endocrine, skin, and immunity problems, Dr. Mirza and his staff were the ones that were finally able to diagnose me. Dr. Mirza and his staff spent a lot of time with me, answering all of my questions, explaining everything very clearly, and getting me on the road to feeling great. I am so happy I found him!
I came to Dr. Mirza hoping that he would get to the bottom of my health issues, rather than just “dispense” and treat the symptom(s). It was the best medical choice I’ve ever made. Dr. Mirza listens very closely to what you tell him, and then he starts drilling down as to how to heal you. This is not the norm for doctors nowadays. Quite frankly, Dr Mirza is a walking medical journal of ongoing research and data. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an incredible Endocrinologist.
in Syracuse, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Mirza and his staff now for 4 years! Everyone there is polite and know me by name. What prompted me to go see him is because my previous Endroconologist could not figure out why I was feeling the way I was. They were only looking at my Thyroid and not the whole body! The first visit with Dr. Mirza was over an hour long as he explained to me why I was feeling the way I was, my body was not absorbing any nutrients. After 8 long years, I have found relief!
in Seneca Fallls, NY |
I have seen 4 endocrinologists since i was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in 2009 and Dr.Mirza is the best in terms of his knowledge in this field and treatment. He has treated me with a combination of medication, supplements and diets. He does not encourage invasive operation when the above can keep my disorder under controlled. I have improved since under his care and I am thankful.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
I met Dr. Mirza and found him so informative and easy to talk to. Came away from the appointment with clarity and understanding of how to improve my health. He is a doctor that is refreshing in that he isn't pushing meds and is helping me get to the root of the problem. Can't wait to try all his suggestions.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr. Mirza is an outstanding doctor. He offers so much more than the average physician in terms of knowledge, due to diligent on-going personal research, plus his services include on site ultrasound and fine needle biopsies are done right in the office. There is a lab right across the hall!
in Auburn, NY |
DR. MIRZA IS THE ONLY DOCTOR WE MET THAT CARES ENOUGH TO TAKE A GREAT DEAL OF TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY HUSBAND JIM.
in Weedsport, NY |
HELPED SOLVE MY HEALTH ISSUES WHEN NO ONE ELSE COULD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Auburn , NY |
I've been seeing Dr Mirza for about a year now. If it wasn't for him actually listening to my symptoms I would be still suffering with terrible inflammation in my joints and a misdiagnosis....thank you so much for being a real Dr !!!!!
in North Syracuse, NY |
My first visit with Dr. Mirza was in Sept. 2015. Since that time, he has fully determined the root cause of my symptoms, unlike any doctor I've ever seen! I am now following his treatment protocol through a gluten free diet and supplementation. I'm off all but one of my pharmaceutical meds and feeling wonderful!!! This has been life changing for me. Thank you Dr. Mirza for the time you spend with me, each time I see you, as well. Thanking God everyday for my path to wellness!
in Syracuse, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Mirza. He is very thorough with his work up and educates very well regarding treatments and illness. He figured out what was going on with my health whereas my other doctors were not able to.
in Moravia, NY |
Dr. Mirza should be a prescription all doctors follow. We go to a doctor to help us get well and solve our health problems. Many doctors simply listen to your symptoms and prescribe you a pill that will mask the symptom. Most doctors do not treat the cause, they treat the symptom. I only wish I had met Dr. Mirza back in 2003. His knowledge of nutrition & his investigative approach are worth every penny of my co-pay. He takes the time to find the cause which treats the ailment. He is a God send
in Warners, NY |
Dr. Mirza was able to give me more answers to my health concerns in two office visits than any other physician I have seen in past years. There was no guessing and brushing me off based on a minimal of testing. He left no stone unturned. Although he instantly knew what my health related issues were, he followed thru with extensive testing to confirm his diagnosis. He is very straight forward in his treatment methods and overall very accurate.
in camden, ny |
After being sick for seven years with no answers or relief I was given a card with Dr mirza's info. I called and had an appointment 7 days later. For the first time in 7 years I have answers and i feel fantastic! In fact, my whole family will be seeing this amazing man who in my opinion saved my life. His staff is also equally amazing:)
Have you seen Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Are you Dr. Mirza?