Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Mirza

Endocrinology Diabetes Metblism

399 Grant Avenue Rd Ste 1 Auburn, NY 13021

Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Auburn, NY and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Fac Med U Baghdad in 1981 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Mirza accepts

Dr. Mirza accepts the following insurance:

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Aspiration or Injection of Thyroid Cyst
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

4.5

Dr. Mirza?
Dr. Mirza's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD
Dr. Mirza is fantastic! My 17 year old daughter has been sick her entire life with multiple ailments.She has seen over 30 doctors with many misdiagnoses. She was quite a mystery patient.Dr. Mirza was up for the challenge and promised us he would "crack the code"and not give up on her as all her other doctors have done until he finds the root of the problem. He is educational and takes his time and listens to her. We had insurance issues, he decided to keep us on as patients too. A Godsend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Doctor Mirza helped to heal my digestive problems by giving incredible attention to me as an individual patient, spending time listening and taking notes, checking on my status through blood work on a bimonthly basis, running other tests, and having me come for regular checkups. He also did an excellent job biopsying a lump on my thyroid. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I have seen Dr. Mirza a few times and he has been a huge blessing to my health! I have been suffering with metabolic and thyroid disease for 10 years and, in just a few short months, he has worked to put the pieces of my puzzle together. He promises you'll feel better, but you will feel worse first. Its part of the process and its true! I do see the amazing benefits to everything he is doing for me and cannot wait to see what the next few months have to bring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Very knowledgeable. After the first two visits I felt I had finally found a provider who looked at the whole picture, listened, and who was up to date and evidenced based. I was blind-sighted by his professional misconduct on the third and last visit when he lost his temper and spent the remainder of the visit scolding me and insulting me for asking clarifying questions pertaining to the information he had conveyed to me. He offered no apology accept to say he wouldn't scream at me next time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
All the good reviews are correct. The most thorough doctor I have ever met. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a doctor this smart to solve your problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Short fuse. Gets upset over nothing. Easily agitated. His way or the highway.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Dr Shirwan Mirza is an amazing endocrinologist! I am an RN & have been dealing with thyroid issues since 2005. I also have Multiple Sclerosis & many other medical problems. Dr. Mirza is the 1st doctor to take the time to listen & truly find the cause of my medical problems. After a complete exam he takes the time to listen & explain to you his findings. Dr Mirza has given me hope again that I can get well & have a healthy & happy life again! I strongly recommend him to anyone. He really cares!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I was misdiagnosed by another Dr. with a false negative for celiac! I have been in Dr. Mirza's care for almost a year! I was so malnourished, fatigued, bloated, achy and had heart burn all the time, I had weight that I couldn't lose . In the time I have been in his care my B-12 and D-3 are perfect after being deficient for years! I no longer have any of the symptoms prior. He is so passionate about proper diagnosis! Bonus, I lost 20 lbs. I can't thank you enough Dr. Mirza you are amazing. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Mirza since 2010 and no one else would take the time to figure out what was wrong with me...and there were multiple issues. For the FIRST time, a doctor didn't try to give me a prescription to 'fix' me but took the time necessary to get to the root of the problems and CURE them rather than treat the symptoms. I HIGHLY recommend him and would not hesitate to send anyone to him. His staff is professional, efficient and friendly as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
My Primary Care Dr. recommended Dr. Mirza to me over three years ago. I'm so glad he did. Dr. Mirza diagnosed me with Celiac disease over 3 years ago. I had no idea that he was right, however, after having genetic blood work done Celiac was confirmed. He is exceptionally thorough. He actually listens :) and he always explains why he is recommending a certain course of action. If it were not for him I would be a very unhealthy person with very little energy for life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I was very ill when I first met dr Mirza I had been sick for a long time with no diagnosis. his statement to me was " you didn't get sick overnight, you're not going to get better overnight but if you stick with me and trust me I promise you will get better" 6 years later I am feeling 100% better thanks to dr mirza
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
after years of trying to figure out what was causing all of my endocrine, skin, and immunity problems, Dr. Mirza and his staff were the ones that were finally able to diagnose me. Dr. Mirza and his staff spent a lot of time with me, answering all of my questions, explaining everything very clearly, and getting me on the road to feeling great. I am so happy I found him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I came to Dr. Mirza hoping that he would get to the bottom of my health issues, rather than just “dispense” and treat the symptom(s). It was the best medical choice I’ve ever made. Dr. Mirza listens very closely to what you tell him, and then he starts drilling down as to how to heal you. This is not the norm for doctors nowadays. Quite frankly, Dr Mirza is a walking medical journal of ongoing research and data. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an incredible Endocrinologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Mirza and his staff now for 4 years! Everyone there is polite and know me by name. What prompted me to go see him is because my previous Endroconologist could not figure out why I was feeling the way I was. They were only looking at my Thyroid and not the whole body! The first visit with Dr. Mirza was over an hour long as he explained to me why I was feeling the way I was, my body was not absorbing any nutrients. After 8 long years, I have found relief!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I have seen 4 endocrinologists since i was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in 2009 and Dr.Mirza is the best in terms of his knowledge in this field and treatment. He has treated me with a combination of medication, supplements and diets. He does not encourage invasive operation when the above can keep my disorder under controlled. I have improved since under his care and I am thankful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I met Dr. Mirza and found him so informative and easy to talk to. Came away from the appointment with clarity and understanding of how to improve my health. He is a doctor that is refreshing in that he isn't pushing meds and is helping me get to the root of the problem. Can't wait to try all his suggestions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
Dr. Mirza is an outstanding doctor. He offers so much more than the average physician in terms of knowledge, due to diligent on-going personal research, plus his services include on site ultrasound and fine needle biopsies are done right in the office. There is a lab right across the hall!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
DR. MIRZA IS THE ONLY DOCTOR WE MET THAT CARES ENOUGH TO TAKE A GREAT DEAL OF TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY HUSBAND JIM.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
HELPED SOLVE MY HEALTH ISSUES WHEN NO ONE ELSE COULD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirwan Mirza, MD?
I've been seeing Dr Mirza for about a year now. If it wasn't for him actually listening to my symptoms I would be still suffering with terrible inflammation in my joints and a misdiagnosis....thank you so much for being a real Dr !!!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mirza?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mirza treats patients.