Dr. Shirley Anain, MD

Dr. Shirley Anain, MD

Plastic Surgery  |

Dr. Shirley Anain, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Amherst, NY. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

Shirley A. Anain, MD

4949 Harlem Rd Ste 302

Amherst, NY 14226

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Anain

See how frequently Dr. Anain performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Reduction
Breast Surgical Procedure
Wound Repair

Dr. Anain's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Plastic Surgery

• Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Gynecomastia
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft

• Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Brow Lift
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Cosmetic Facial Implant Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Hosp Sick Chldn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Anain has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Anain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anain's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anain to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Anain's Performance
in New York, NY |
Had a breast reduction performed by Dr. Anain and my experience was excellent. She is personable, cares about you and her office staff is the same. My results were exactly what I wanted and I am extremely pleased. Each time you visit her, you meet with her rather than an assistant. I came prepared with written questions and she always took the paper and wrote the answers out. I really appreciated that. She is amazing and I highly recommend her!
New York, NY |
On June 1, 2017, Shirley Anain preformed a panniculectomy and complex abdominoplasty in order to remove an excessive amount of skin (over 2 feet and 8 pounds) after losing almost 250 pounds. The results are better than I could have ever dreamed. The appointments are usually short, but informational. Shirley is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about her field, and it made me feel very comfortable when putting my life in her hands. Her staff is also extremely sweet and caring.
Buffalo, NY |
Dr anain was phenomenal. I love her work and personality n confidence. Her post patient attention was wonderful as well. Always available when I needed her. She did magic on my breasts! I can't say enough great things. Surgical center was great. Staff was great. Nurses were great! Love love love Dr anain!
Lockport, NY |
Dr Anain performed a breast lift and tummy tuck on me and I couldn't be happier! She always took the time to answer my questions. She is always so positive that her love for what she does is obvious. I've recommended her to several friends and family members who've all had positive results too!
in Buffalo, NY |
Very professional and caring. Removed my huge lipoma with respect for my comfort. Will return in the future for other beauty care!
in Lancaster, NY |
She performed a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. It was a through success. I am very satisfied with the results. She spent plenty of time with me making sure I understood the process and helping me pick the correct size. I can't say enough on how grateful I am to her.
in Buffalo, NY |
I found her to be dismissive, non-empathic and extremely unkind. Her approach to addressing my concerns in regard to surgery were all self motivated. She never once asked what my ideal outcome would be, but essentially informed me that I did not meet a certain standard "needed" to perform the procedure. The bulk of my problem is that she imposed her thoughts but didn't provide me with the opportunity to share mine, and when I began to advocate for myself she was rude.
Buffalo, NY |
I had a tummy tuck with Dr. Anain 1 year ago and am extremely happy with the results; I wish I would have done it sooner! Dr. Anain is very friendly and pleasant to work with and so is her staff. I cannot say anything bad about the whole experience.
in Meadville, PA |
I would for sure recommend Dr.Anain. I feel like she is the real deal... I love her energy and she does amazing work.
Buffalo, NY |
I'm not sure what other surgeries she's good at and I never want to find out. I can personally tell anyone who's considering plasty procedures to go somewhere else. If this post can help anyone from going through what I did with her than I'm happy. I had a surgical procedure done that was poorly sewed leaving awful scaring, before that healed completely I had her do Botox on me that never took effect. I went back to her with my concerns and she became extremely rude never offering to fix. Bad
in Buffalo, NY |
She may be impeccable at what she does, but her bedside manner is a turn off! Before the relationship could be developed it had ended that fast for me. While I appreciate being direct and upfront, it not what you say but how you say it...Her style may work for others but not for me.
EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful
in Orchard Park, NY |
She is very up front, Clear with expectations. Clear with instructions, gives adequate time for questions. Very efficient, doesn't make you wait long at all. Very encouraging and supportive. Very satisfied with the results. They made an uncomfortable process much easier than it could have been!
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Anain is not only a talented surgeon but a delightful and supportive person. I've already recommended her to several of my friends.
in Springville New York |
Dr Anain is an amazing surgeon. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation. I couldn't be happier with my results. She is very personable. You feel like you are part of her family when you are at her office. She explains everything exactly how it is going to be. I have nothing but nice things to say about her.
in Jamestown, NY |
My experience with Dr. Anain has been fantastic. I trust her judgement completely even when I thought my own opinion was better. I am so happy I trusted her. I feel she treats me like a sister and is looking out for my best interest. I have referred friends and they are just as happy!
Have you seen Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Are you Dr. Anain?

Visit Dr. Anain

Dr. Anain accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO