Dr. Shirley Anain, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryFemaleAge 61

Shirley A. Anain, MD

4949 Harlem Rd Ste 302 Amherst, NY 14226

Dr. Shirley Anain, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Amherst, NY and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Anain has more experience with Breast Surgery and Plastic Surgery Procedures than other specialists in her area. She graduated from New York State U, School of Medicine - Buffalo medical school in 1985. She is affiliated with Sisters Of Charity Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Anain to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Anain

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Anain treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Anain treats other conditions, please contact the office at (716) 838-1333.

Breast Surgery

Breast surgery includes breast augmentation and breast reduction, which can be performed for cosmetic or medical reasons, as well as breast reconstruction following mastectomy.Compare with other Breast Surgery specialists.

Dr. Anain is experienced in the area of Breast Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Plastic Surgery Procedures

Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on reconstruction of facial and body features damaged through injury, disease or birth defects in order to restore appearance and/or function.Compare with other Plastic Surgery Procedures specialists.

Dr. Anain is experienced in the area of Plastic Surgery Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

• Breast Ptosis
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphangioma
  • Mastectomy
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Anain accepts

Dr. Anain accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Anain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anain

4.3

Dr. Anain?
  • Office environment (36)
  • Staff friendliness (34)
  • Appointment scheduling (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Dr. Anain is a wonderful person and a fantastic surgeon!!! I went to her for a bilateral breast reduction. From the very first consult, she was so friendly and understanding. She was open and honest with me. She explained the procedure in terms I could understand and explained every single possible risk/outcome. She even helped me communicate with my insurance to get coverage. I had my surgery in October and went from a 32 DDDD to a 32C. I am so much happier and more confident. I can also partake in exercise and other activities that I couldn’t before because of back and neck pain. She did an amazing job and her entire staff is just wonderful to work with! I highly recommend her to anyone considering plastic procedures.
  • Appointment was rushed
Amanda – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I have known Dr. Shirley Anain for 46 years. She is a beautiful person & an excellent surgeon. She exceeded my expectations on my tummy tuck. I am just sorry that I waited so long to get this done. She explained everything I would experience & I did just that. The drains were no where near as horrible as I thought they would be, they were actually comforting knowing the process was just as she said it would be. I am 4 weeks post op & so very pleased. Dr. Anain's staff were very friendly & answered any questions that they could help with as well. My overall experience was excellent & I would recommend Dr. Anain in a heartbeat!!! Thank you so much.
Michele H – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Went in for a consultation with Dr. Anain and I felt completely at ease. She was friendly and reassuring, explained everything that would be done and was very professional, all while being extremely down to earth. I cannot wait to schedule my surgery with her!
Nikki – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr Anain was recommended to me by a friend and she was amazing. She took her time with me to make sure I was comfortable going forward with my procedure. I have had multiple follow up visit within the 4 weeks after my surgery, which have been helpful to put my mind at ease that recovery is going as expected. I would highly recommend Dr Anain to anyone. I saw one other Dr prior to seeing Dr Anain and hands down, Dr Anain. blew that other doctor out of the water! 5 Stars and Thank you!
Nicole – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Bravo ! Bravo! to Dr. Anain . My experiences with her have been the BEST! I would highly recommend her services to any women who is looking for someone to perform breast lift/reduction & tummy tuck. She and her very supportive staff will guide you through the process from beginning to end. If you can follow her strict instructions , you'll LOVE the out comes. Her bedside manner is stern but with great respect & Love as she wants nothing but the BEST for patients. You won't regret your decision
Constance in Buffalo, NY – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Had a breast reduction performed by Dr. Anain and my experience was excellent. She is personable, cares about you and her office staff is the same. My results were exactly what I wanted and I am extremely pleased. Each time you visit her, you meet with her rather than an assistant. I came prepared with written questions and she always took the paper and wrote the answers out. I really appreciated that. She is amazing and I highly recommend her!
Jean C in New York, NY – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
On June 1, 2017, Shirley Anain preformed a panniculectomy and complex abdominoplasty in order to remove an excessive amount of skin (over 2 feet and 8 pounds) after losing almost 250 pounds. The results are better than I could have ever dreamed. The appointments are usually short, but informational. Shirley is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about her field, and it made me feel very comfortable when putting my life in her hands. Her staff is also extremely sweet and caring.
New York, NY – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr anain was phenomenal. I love her work and personality n confidence. Her post patient attention was wonderful as well. Always available when I needed her. She did magic on my breasts! I can't say enough great things. Surgical center was great. Staff was great. Nurses were great! Love love love Dr anain!
Buffalo, NY – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr Anain performed a breast lift and tummy tuck on me and I couldn't be happier! She always took the time to answer my questions. She is always so positive that her love for what she does is obvious. I've recommended her to several friends and family members who've all had positive results too!
Lockport, NY – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Very professional and caring. Removed my huge lipoma with respect for my comfort. Will return in the future for other beauty care!
Patti Weitz in Buffalo, NY – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She performed a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. It was a through success. I am very satisfied with the results. She spent plenty of time with me making sure I understood the process and helping me pick the correct size. I can't say enough on how grateful I am to her.
Melissa T in Lancaster, NY – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I found her to be dismissive, non-empathic and extremely unkind. Her approach to addressing my concerns in regard to surgery were all self motivated. She never once asked what my ideal outcome would be, but essentially informed me that I did not meet a certain standard "needed" to perform the procedure. The bulk of my problem is that she imposed her thoughts but didn't provide me with the opportunity to share mine, and when I began to advocate for myself she was rude.
Taylor Adams in Buffalo, NY – Dec 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I had a tummy tuck with Dr. Anain 1 year ago and am extremely happy with the results; I wish I would have done it sooner! Dr. Anain is very friendly and pleasant to work with and so is her staff. I cannot say anything bad about the whole experience.
Buffalo, NY – Sep 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I would for sure recommend Dr.Anain. I feel like she is the real deal... I love her energy and she does amazing work.
Darcie in Meadville, PA – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I'm not sure what other surgeries she's good at and I never want to find out. I can personally tell anyone who's considering plasty procedures to go somewhere else. If this post can help anyone from going through what I did with her than I'm happy. I had a surgical procedure done that was poorly sewed leaving awful scaring, before that healed completely I had her do Botox on me that never took effect. I went back to her with my concerns and she became extremely rude never offering to fix. Bad
Buffalo, NY – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She may be impeccable at what she does, but her bedside manner is a turn off! Before the relationship could be developed it had ended that fast for me. While I appreciate being direct and upfront, it not what you say but how you say it...Her style may work for others but not for me.
Icis127 in Buffalo, NY – Jun 10, 2016
EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful
Jon Doe in Buffalo, NY – Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She is very up front, Clear with expectations. Clear with instructions, gives adequate time for questions. Very efficient, doesn't make you wait long at all. Very encouraging and supportive. Very satisfied with the results. They made an uncomfortable process much easier than it could have been!
Patrick in Orchard Park, NY – Mar 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr. Anain is not only a talented surgeon but a delightful and supportive person. I've already recommended her to several of my friends.
MJG in Buffalo, NY – Mar 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr Anain is an amazing surgeon. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation. I couldn't be happier with my results. She is very personable. You feel like you are part of her family when you are at her office. She explains everything exactly how it is going to be. I have nothing but nice things to say about her.
Toni Eagen in Springville New York – Jan 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Anain?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery