Dr. Shirley Anain, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryFemaleAge 62

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Shirley Anain, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Amherst, NY and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Anain has extensive experience in Breast Surgery and Plastic Surgery Procedures. She graduated from State University of New York At Buffalo in 1985. She is affiliated with Sisters Of Charity Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Shirley Anain, MD

Trinity Medical Vascular & Endovascular

4949 Harlem Rd Ste 302 Amherst, NY 14226

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Anain with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Anain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anain

4.3

11.904761904761905%

Before Dr. Anain will see you, you must complete a questionnaire, listing all your medical conditions. At my first appt, she agreed that I would be a good candidate for breast reduction & the insurance paperwork was sent in & approved. I was given a folder of information, which BRIEFLY mentioned some risks of surgery. Two months later I called office to find out what happens next. An appt was made, & the first thing Dr. A did was walk in & rudely tell me that because of my age & type 2 diabetes (well controlled, listed on my med form the first time I saw her) I was a poor risk. I asked her why she didn't tell me that the first time I saw her & she said, "Diabetes is mentioned in the packet I gave you. Now, when do you want to schedule your procedure?" Answer: Never, w/her. I drove an hr to be charged for an appt when I could have just been told over the phone that she thought I was a poor risk. Went to a different dr who was kind & reassuring, & procedure was successfully completed.
Aug 14, 2022
Breast Augmentation
I had a wonderful experience throughout the process. I had worked with Dr. Anain to have a spot removed previously and am so happy I went with her again. Her attitude and bedside manner are amazing. She always seems so happy for me. She answered every question no matter how many times I ask, and the staff is amazing also. Very kind and knowledgeable. They all really want you to have the best experience you can. Follow-up care is ongoing and I feel that all my needs are being met. 100% would use again and recommend.
Megan – Mar 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr. Anain is a wonderful person and a fantastic surgeon!!! I went to her for a bilateral breast reduction. From the very first consult, she was so friendly and understanding. She was open and honest with me. She explained the procedure in terms I could understand and explained every single possible risk/outcome. She even helped me communicate with my insurance to get coverage. I had my surgery in October and went from a 32 DDDD to a 32C. I am so much happier and more confident. I can also partake in exercise and other activities that I couldn’t before because of back and neck pain. She did an amazing job and her entire staff is just wonderful to work with! I highly recommend her to anyone considering plastic procedures.
Amanda – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I have known Dr. Shirley Anain for 46 years. She is a beautiful person & an excellent surgeon. She exceeded my expectations on my tummy tuck. I am just sorry that I waited so long to get this done. She explained everything I would experience & I did just that. The drains were no where near as horrible as I thought they would be, they were actually comforting knowing the process was just as she said it would be. I am 4 weeks post op & so very pleased. Dr. Anain's staff were very friendly & answered any questions that they could help with as well. My overall experience was excellent & I would recommend Dr. Anain in a heartbeat!!! Thank you so much.
Michele H – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Went in for a consultation with Dr. Anain and I felt completely at ease. She was friendly and reassuring, explained everything that would be done and was very professional, all while being extremely down to earth. I cannot wait to schedule my surgery with her!
Nikki – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr Anain was recommended to me by a friend and she was amazing. She took her time with me to make sure I was comfortable going forward with my procedure. I have had multiple follow up visit within the 4 weeks after my surgery, which have been helpful to put my mind at ease that recovery is going as expected. I would highly recommend Dr Anain to anyone. I saw one other Dr prior to seeing Dr Anain and hands down, Dr Anain. blew that other doctor out of the water! 5 Stars and Thank you!
Nicole – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Bravo ! Bravo! to Dr. Anain . My experiences with her have been the BEST! I would highly recommend her services to any women who is looking for someone to perform breast lift/reduction & tummy tuck. She and her very supportive staff will guide you through the process from beginning to end. If you can follow her strict instructions , you'll LOVE the out comes. Her bedside manner is stern but with great respect & Love as she wants nothing but the BEST for patients. You won't regret your decision
Constance in Buffalo, NY – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Had a breast reduction performed by Dr. Anain and my experience was excellent. She is personable, cares about you and her office staff is the same. My results were exactly what I wanted and I am extremely pleased. Each time you visit her, you meet with her rather than an assistant. I came prepared with written questions and she always took the paper and wrote the answers out. I really appreciated that. She is amazing and I highly recommend her!
Jean C in New York, NY – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
On June 1, 2017, Shirley Anain preformed a panniculectomy and complex abdominoplasty in order to remove an excessive amount of skin (over 2 feet and 8 pounds) after losing almost 250 pounds. The results are better than I could have ever dreamed. The appointments are usually short, but informational. Shirley is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about her field, and it made me feel very comfortable when putting my life in her hands. Her staff is also extremely sweet and caring.
New York, NY – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr anain was phenomenal. I love her work and personality n confidence. Her post patient attention was wonderful as well. Always available when I needed her. She did magic on my breasts! I can't say enough great things. Surgical center was great. Staff was great. Nurses were great! Love love love Dr anain!
Buffalo, NY – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Dr Anain performed a breast lift and tummy tuck on me and I couldn't be happier! She always took the time to answer my questions. She is always so positive that her love for what she does is obvious. I've recommended her to several friends and family members who've all had positive results too!
Lockport, NY – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
Very professional and caring. Removed my huge lipoma with respect for my comfort. Will return in the future for other beauty care!
Patti Weitz in Buffalo, NY – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She performed a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. It was a through success. I am very satisfied with the results. She spent plenty of time with me making sure I understood the process and helping me pick the correct size. I can't say enough on how grateful I am to her.
Melissa T in Lancaster, NY – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I found her to be dismissive, non-empathic and extremely unkind. Her approach to addressing my concerns in regard to surgery were all self motivated. She never once asked what my ideal outcome would be, but essentially informed me that I did not meet a certain standard "needed" to perform the procedure. The bulk of my problem is that she imposed her thoughts but didn't provide me with the opportunity to share mine, and when I began to advocate for myself she was rude.
Taylor Adams in Buffalo, NY – Dec 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I had a tummy tuck with Dr. Anain 1 year ago and am extremely happy with the results; I wish I would have done it sooner! Dr. Anain is very friendly and pleasant to work with and so is her staff. I cannot say anything bad about the whole experience.
Buffalo, NY – Sep 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I would for sure recommend Dr.Anain. I feel like she is the real deal... I love her energy and she does amazing work.
Darcie in Meadville, PA – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
I'm not sure what other surgeries she's good at and I never want to find out. I can personally tell anyone who's considering plasty procedures to go somewhere else. If this post can help anyone from going through what I did with her than I'm happy. I had a surgical procedure done that was poorly sewed leaving awful scaring, before that healed completely I had her do Botox on me that never took effect. I went back to her with my concerns and she became extremely rude never offering to fix. Bad
Buffalo, NY – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She may be impeccable at what she does, but her bedside manner is a turn off! Before the relationship could be developed it had ended that fast for me. While I appreciate being direct and upfront, it not what you say but how you say it...Her style may work for others but not for me.
Icis127 in Buffalo, NY – Jun 10, 2016
EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Jon Doe in Buffalo, NY – Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?
She is very up front, Clear with expectations. Clear with instructions, gives adequate time for questions. Very efficient, doesn't make you wait long at all. Very encouraging and supportive. Very satisfied with the results. They made an uncomfortable process much easier than it could have been!
Patrick in Orchard Park, NY – Mar 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirley Anain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Anain?