Dr. Shirin Towfigh, MD

Dr. Shirin Towfigh, MD

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Shirin Towfigh, MD is a general surgery specialist in Beverly Hills, CA and has been practicing for 19 years. She graduated from University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in general surgery.

450 N Roxbury Dr Ste 224

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Learn about Dr. Towfigh

See how frequently Dr. Towfigh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hernia Repair
Incisional Hernia
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Towfigh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Towfigh "Dr. Towfigh is one of the world's leading hernia specialists, offering treatment of all abdominal wall hernias and hernia-related complications. As the only surgeon in the Western US 100% devoted to the advanced care of patients with hernias and their complications, she approaches all care from 360 degrees, applying the latest in technology and tailoring it to the needs of each patient."

• General Surgery

• Stomach Surgery
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Thoracentesis
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of California At Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Towfigh has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Towfigh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Towfigh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Towfigh's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Towfigh to family and friends

Dr. Towfigh's Performance

Dr towfigh was the first person to give me an answer about my 5 years of pain. If i could I would give her a million stars I would!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My appt with Dr. Towfigh was great. She has a very calm and reassuring manner. She is the most knowledgeable hernia specialist I have seen. She did a great job of explaining things and listened and answered all questions. I feel very confident in her ability to diagnose and treat my problem and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Towfigh and her staff are wonderful. They have helped my wife tremendously and take the time to make a connection with us. As a therapist, I see so many doctors that should find another line if work but her expertise combined with her warm and friendly bedside manner make her, actually a please...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Shirin Towfigh Botched my simple hernia surgery.I went in for a left hernia repair and woke up with a right side mesh removal of a 5yr old good hernia repair and a left side hernia repair 5-6 hr surgery. I had no pain before the surgery I had an ultra sound of a lft hernia! Come to find out this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option2
This self-promoting narcissist doesn't live up to the marketing she pays for on the internet. She is inconsiderate about keeping appointments and being on time. Then, she charges about 10x the going rate, forces you to use her surgery center to get another bundle and, of course doesn't take your...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option3

I'm sorry that you felt it necessary to libel me, even though you have never been to my office. As you can read from other patients' experienced, my Office and I pride ourselves in the caring and expert services we provide for all your hernia specialty needs. We don't force anything on our patients. That would be uncharacteristic of how we treat our patients. Meanwhile, I hope you found a surgeon who can meet your needs.