Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 57

Dr. Vollmer

shirah vollmer MD

941 Westwood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90024

Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has been practicing for 33 years. She graduated from David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles in 1986 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Vollmer accepts

Dr. Vollmer accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Vollmer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vollmer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

I give personalized attention to all of my clients. The best way to determine if we are a good fit is to schedule an appointment. My relationships are very individualized, and as such, each person has a different experience with me.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

3.7

Dr. Vollmer?
Dr. Vollmer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD
Brilliant! So incisive. She cuts through to the deep issues really quickly. She listens so well and "gets me" like no one else has ever done, despite the fact that I have seen multiple therapists over the years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Really smart! She got me like no one else ever has.
Excellent Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Excellent Psychiatrist! Old school and really good!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Going through hard times makes it difficult to trust anyone, but seeing Dr. Vollmer gave me peace of mind. She was thoughtful and kind, while at the same time posed challenging and stimulating questions. Her use of medications with me was judicial and helpful. I did not feel she was trying to be a pill mill, but rather I thought I had returned to the good ole days of a doctor who really worked at trying to listen to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Rarely do you find a doctor who listens well, shows deep empathy, while at the same time, challenging and stimulating new ways of coping with life's curve balls. Dr. Vollmer is that rare bird who combines these skills in a way which has helped me beyond what words can portray. Ordinarily, I would never write a review on the internet, but for Dr. Vollmer I felt compelled to sing her praises. She is attentive, responsible, reliable and intelligent. I am grateful to be under her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer has helped my child regain his self-esteem. She has seen him in ways which are beyond his symptoms and she was able to see his underlying issues which resulted in him developing more self-confidence. He no longer felt like the "odd kid". Our gratitude is beyond words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer has been helping me become an independent adult. It has been a struggle for me, but she has been there for me in ways that I am so grateful and I wonder how I would have figured things out without her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
She saw our young child and she showed great understanding of her issues and she helped us understand our child in ways in which no other professional was able to help us. This has not only improved our daughter's mental state but she has helped our entire family thrive. We are grateful and we feel very lucky to have made it on her busy schedule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
My daughter was misdiagnosed by many previous psychiatrists. Dr. Vollmer nailed it and she helped us understand her better in a way that has changed our lives tremendously. Her cautious use of medication is much appreciated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
She was awesome! She changed my life! I am forever grateful..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. She has just the right combination of intelligence and sensitivity. She helped me through really hard times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
, dr Vollmar saw my young child years ago. She was expensive That wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was she continued to see my child without any insight or treatment plan. My child had developed a sudden onset of tics. But after many disappointing encounters w her I decided to try a different doctor. Turns out my child had tics caused by strep. Antibiotics cured both. The diagnosis was PANDAS. Vollmar had missed it. My child is well now. Vollmar had nothing to do w recovery except it
I am sorry that you did not find the experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr Vollmer did not even bother to see my daughters for the full hour and charged $650, then she wanted an additional $500 for 15 minutes to give a minimal followup. She was accusatory and shaming; I would never recommend her to anyone. Very disappointed; worst experience with a psychiatrist in over 30 years.
I am sorry that you felt that I was accusatory...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vollmer?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Vollmer treats patients.