Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 59

Dr. Vollmer

shirah vollmer MD

941 Westwood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90024

Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles medical school in 1986. She is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vollmer to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Vollmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vollmer

3.6

35.483870967741936%

Dr. Vollmer?
  • Appointment scheduling (21)
  • Wait times (21)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
I was shocked and disappointed that Dr. Vollmer being so highly credentialed could afford such an off putting and negative experience to vulnerable people, such as myself and my son. There were enough indicators to determine that this is someone that does not care about people. Dr Vollmer lacked humility and the ability to listen. When attempting to discuss concerns with her I was met with an attitude of outright hostility and condescension. She extended no diagnosis, and yet recommended my son see her 5 times a week- at $500 per session, a price she stood by adamantly. My son became despondent by her cold demeanor, and by having to defend his father, who she was very rude about. Any questions or comments that we made, which she didn't like, such as asking for a receipt, was met with the 'you sound angry' response. To-day my son is doing really well, but it doesn't negate the fact that we placed his mental welfare in the hands of a psychiatrist who's sole focus is money!
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Brilliant! So incisive. She cuts through to the deep issues really quickly. She listens so well and "gets me" like no one else has ever done, despite the fact that I have seen multiple therapists over the years.
Los Angeles, CA – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Really smart! She got me like no one else ever has.
Los Angeles, CA – May 17, 2017
Excellent Doc!
Los Angeles, CA – May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Excellent Psychiatrist! Old school and really good!
Los Angeles, CA – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Going through hard times makes it difficult to trust anyone, but seeing Dr. Vollmer gave me peace of mind. She was thoughtful and kind, while at the same time posed challenging and stimulating questions. Her use of medications with me was judicial and helpful. I did not feel she was trying to be a pill mill, but rather I thought I had returned to the good ole days of a doctor who really worked at trying to listen to me.
Los Angeles, CA – Apr 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Rarely do you find a doctor who listens well, shows deep empathy, while at the same time, challenging and stimulating new ways of coping with life's curve balls. Dr. Vollmer is that rare bird who combines these skills in a way which has helped me beyond what words can portray. Ordinarily, I would never write a review on the internet, but for Dr. Vollmer I felt compelled to sing her praises. She is attentive, responsible, reliable and intelligent. I am grateful to be under her care.
Los Angeles, CA – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer has helped my child regain his self-esteem. She has seen him in ways which are beyond his symptoms and she was able to see his underlying issues which resulted in him developing more self-confidence. He no longer felt like the "odd kid". Our gratitude is beyond words.
Los Angeles, CA – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer has been helping me become an independent adult. It has been a struggle for me, but she has been there for me in ways that I am so grateful and I wonder how I would have figured things out without her.
Los Angeles, CA – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
She saw our young child and she showed great understanding of her issues and she helped us understand our child in ways in which no other professional was able to help us. This has not only improved our daughter's mental state but she has helped our entire family thrive. We are grateful and we feel very lucky to have made it on her busy schedule.
Los Angeles, CA – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
My daughter was misdiagnosed by many previous psychiatrists. Dr. Vollmer nailed it and she helped us understand her better in a way that has changed our lives tremendously. Her cautious use of medication is much appreciated.
Los Angeles, CA – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
She was awesome! She changed my life! I am forever grateful..
Culver City, CA – Jan 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr. Vollmer is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. She has just the right combination of intelligence and sensitivity. She helped me through really hard times.
Happy Patient in Los Angeles, CA – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
, dr Vollmar saw my young child years ago. She was expensive That wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was she continued to see my child without any insight or treatment plan. My child had developed a sudden onset of tics. But after many disappointing encounters w her I decided to try a different doctor. Turns out my child had tics caused by strep. Antibiotics cured both. The diagnosis was PANDAS. Vollmar had missed it. My child is well now. Vollmar had nothing to do w recovery except it
Los Angeles, CA – Jan 06, 2017
I am sorry that you did not find the experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?
Dr Vollmer did not even bother to see my daughters for the full hour and charged $650, then she wanted an additional $500 for 15 minutes to give a minimal followup. She was accusatory and shaming; I would never recommend her to anyone. Very disappointed; worst experience with a psychiatrist in over 30 years.
spalding in Beverly Hill, CA – Sep 23, 2016
I am sorry that you felt that I was accusatory...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shirah Vollmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vollmer?

I give personalized attention to all of my clients. The best way to determine if we are a good fit is to schedule an appointment. My relationships are...Read more

• Psychiatry