Dr. Shira Robbins, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Robbins

UC San Diego Health

9415 Campus Point Drive La Jolla, CA 92093

Dr. Shira Robbins, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in La Jolla, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. She graduated from Medical College Of Pennsylvania in 1998 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Robbins accepts

Dr. Robbins accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Molina Healthcare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Robbins' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Tear Duct Disorders
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Shira Robbins, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in the care of children's eyes and treating adult strabismus.

Dr. Robbins completed fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology at UC San Diego School of Medicine ...

• Ophthalmology

3.9

Dr. Robbins?
Dr. Robbins' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shira Robbins, MD
I was referred to Dr. Robbins from my ophthalmologist for a weak eye muscle. The treatment before and after the surgery has been outstanding Her staff is very attentive also. I would highly recommend Dr. Robbins.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Robbins by my retina eye specialist at Shiley Eye Institute. I experienced double vision for years and wore a prism in my glasses to help alleviate my double vision. Dr. Robbins suggested muscle eye surgery to correct the double vision and eliminate the need for a prism. I chose to have the suggested procedure. I see better now than I have in 15 years, and I no longer need a prism in my glasses. I am grateful to Dr. Robbins for her excellent surgical skills and care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins is an excellent physician and eye surgeon. She corrected my vision. immediately after surgery I can see better than I had since I was a child and that was 60 Years ago. She has great "bed side manner." 5 star! I highly recommend Dr. Robbins!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Robbins and am very pleased with her knowledge and ability. She is a most caring and helpful individual.. I highly recommend her and feel fortunate to have her as my ophthalmologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
One and a half surgery to correct double vision in both eyes went without a hitch. I had no pain or discomfort following the surgery and did not even need an aspirin. The results have been remarkable with no sign of my previous condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins made a strabismus surgery for our 10 month old baby. She was very professional and reliable and kept us updated all the time with his process. The visits at her clinic was the best experience you can have with a young baby. We trust her and will keep visiting as our ophthalmologist in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
An hour and a half into us being in the clinic, we had yet to see Robbins and were told that there were still a few patients before us. As I voiced my concerns to the fellow, she snapped at me in front of my daughter as if I were her child. By that point, my husband who is also a physician asked for us to leave. We walked out without even seeing Robbins. Shira, if this is your way of treating your patients then good luck to you in your practice. You clearly don't care about patient care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
I had strabismus for most of my adolescent and adult life; within a year of meeting Dr. Robbins, she has treated my strabismus successfully with surgery while going out of her way to provide excellent follow-up care. My eyesight is extremely important to my profession and career and she gave me an invaluable gift.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins and her staff did a wonderful job in ensuring my daughter?s Stye surgery went smoothly. Dr. Robbins walked us through the entire process, and the surgery was an absolute success. My daughter recovered quickly with barely a scar on her eyelid. A great job also to the staff at Rady Children's Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Robbins. My experience her was nothing but amazing. She has a very kind and warm personality and explained my condition thoroughly. The long wait time is accurate but I believe it is because she is highly sought after and because she takes time with her patients. I had eye surgery with her and she changed my life! The change was immediate after surgery. The first time I opened my eyes after surgery I could see perfectly and I started crying from sheer joy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
Dr. Shira Robbins is so incredibly condescending. The only reason we started to see her a few years ago is because Dr. Granet was so difficult to schedule with, and once there, had to wait 4 hours for a 10 minute exam. Given wait times with Dr. Robbins has gotten just as bad, and she is incredibly rude and doesn't explain anything when she delivers bad news, we will have to follow up with either Dr. Granet or leave Ratner Eye Center all together. I am just baffled at how she thinks she can t
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins over the past four years + has helped care for our daughter. She has performed an eye surgery. We as parents were scared and Dr. Robbins was there walking the journey of care for our daughter. I would recommend Dr. Robbins to anyone I know needing special eye care. There are it seems a few doctors left that actually seem compassionate and caring. Dr. Robbins is just that special gem of a doctor, caring, compassionate, and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shira Robbins, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Robbins?