Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD

Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female | 43 years old

Dr. Bharaktiya specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Houston, TX. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Bharaktiya? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Bharaktiya's Experience

See how Dr. Bharaktiya's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bharaktiya

Dr. Bharaktiya accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Bharaktiya has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Bharaktiya
Dr. Bharaktiya's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (18)
in Houston TX |
They NEVER answer the phone or return phone calls , took a week to get my blood results back and I HAD to call to get and the whomever answered the phone did NOT even know how to read them!!! Did not even apologize for not returning calls and I feel like dr was only going by what I told her about my parents being diabetic, so then she assured me I would get it!!! I do NOT agree with that! The STAFF is rude and not helpful at all and do NOT care about patients!!! I will NOT go back,
in Houston, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Bharaktya for over 5 years. She takes the time to listen to my symptoms and really cares about me. I have referred many of my RN friends and co-workers, who after their first visit also love her. He staff is great and always responsive to my concerns. In the beginning, she personally called me to check on how I was feeling. She is a great Physician and has a kind and caring bedside manner. I couldn't ask for a better Doctor!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Bharaktiya, she is a very knowledgeable doctor. She is very patient and writes down everything you tell her. The only concern is her staff. They will never ever answer you correctly or at all. They will never return a phone call. I called the office 5 times in the last week. Each time the told me they are going to call me back in the eveing, guess what they never did. Im really disappointed:/ and really thinking about looking for a new doctor because of this.
in Houston, TX |
I like Dr. Bharaktiya, she is patient and shows concern about really helping you to resolve your medical issue. I would give her 5 stars, but her staff is not helpful at all. They will not answer the phone during operating hours and never return phone calls in a timely manner; sometimes you never get a return phone call at all. I am really thinking about looking for a new doctor because of this.
in Houston, TX |
Doctor always communicated well. Having an experienced doctor is always a bless, Dr. Shikha was very descriptive while explaining my health report. Her knowledge about the subject definitely added tremendous value in the communication. With an expert Doctor a patient needs well trained staff, helpful , polite , knows their work well.
in Houston, TX |
Some doctors are good, and then some are just excellent. Dr. Bharaktiya has proven that she is way more than excellent. She has invested so much time in my case over the year and a half I have been seeing her. Her intelligent thinking and precise directions have FINALLY gotten my A1C in an acceptable zone. Her patience and perseverance is commendable.
in Houston, TX |
Not treated like patient . Got appointment for 10:50 am and did not see doctor till 11:40 am. When confronted , doctor respond that she cant do more than that and switch to next patient. I felt like I am not a patient here but just an ATM card that can be swiped anytime they want .
in Houston, TX |
I am so thankful that my family found Dr. Bharaktiya. I have had several other diabetes doctors and never felt the comfort level or confidence in them as I have found in this doctor. Her observations and suggestions have been superb, as have her referrals. For the first time in ages, I feel I have found a doctor who will help me beat this disease and who has my best interests at heart. She is superb in every way--I can't recommend Dr. Bharaktiya highly enough.
Missouri City, TX |
Dr.Bharaktiya is the very best in her field. She is very professional, kind and shows empathy. She listens to you and answers all your questions. She wants to give the best cure for you. I Like her very much.
Have you seen Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD?
Are you Dr. Bharaktiya?

Compare Dr. Bharaktiya

Dr. Bharaktiya's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Bharaktiya has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bharaktiya's Board Certifications

• Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Completed in 2008

• Hindi
  • Kannada
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Bharaktiya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bharaktiya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.