Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD

Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

7500 Beechnut St Ste 252

Houston, TX 77074

• Health Net
  • Memorial Hermann Physician Network
  • Texas True Choice

Learn about Dr. Bharaktiya

See how frequently Dr. Bharaktiya performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Bharaktiya's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Chief Resident , Internal Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Bharaktiya has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Kannada
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Bharaktiya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bharaktiya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bharaktiya's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bharaktiya to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Bharaktiya's Performance
in College Station, TX |
Dr. Bharakthiya has been my doc since 2012 She is very knowledgeable. She spends time patiently explaining my condition, medications and treatment plan. I came to US for school however; I am originally from Bangalore, India. Dr. B who understands my culture and food habits was able to recommend changes to my existing vegetarian diet and lifestyle to significantly improve my health and lose weight. I travel 96 miles to see her and have never had any problems scheduling. She has an efficient team.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I have a great experience with her. Besides being very competent, she is very friendly and I was at ease with her in discussing the changes in life style to help better manage my diabetic conditions. I was quite concerned when I first met her but after few months only I am in a much better condition. I have already recommended her and one of my friends who consulted her recently gave me the same feed back.
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Bharaktiya is simply amazing. She is extremely patient and highly approachable. She has been very effective in managing several issues. There has been a significant improvement in my health over the last year that I have been treated by her.
in Katy, TX |
I have been going to Dr Bharaktiya for probably 9 years. If I have to move from here I will come twice a year to see her. She is wonderful and cares so much about my health. Dr Bharaktiya will not tell you what you want to hear, she will tell you the truth. She studies the lab results and compares to the previous results over your history. She is very specific about medicine and the amount. Dr Bharaktiya is very learned in her field. I feel very secure putting my health in her hands.
in Houston TX |
I have seen Dr. Bharaktiya for over 5 years. She is extremely proficient in her work and diagnosis in not only Endocrinology, but also picks up on other medical conditions. She has been a great resource in recommendations for other high quality specialists including neurology, psychiatry, GI and Family Practice. I highly recommend her.
in Richmond, TX |
My family and I are so grateful for Dr. Bharaktiya. She has helped me tremendously in my diagnosis since I started going to her office. She is thorough and listens and is very intelligent. Once she even called me at 10pm at night when she was gone on vacation to make sure I was okay because I had called her office that day. Truly grateful for her and her practice! Wouldn't go anywhere else!
in Houston, TX |
I really like Dr.Bharaktiya. She always takes her time to talk to me. What I like most about her is how sharp she is! You can tell she loves what she does. I've had other doctors that don't even make eye contact or they rush you, but she's never done that in the 5 yrs. I've seen her. When my family doctor adds a medication, Dr. Bharaktiya gives me advice on how to prevent side effects from it. I feel like I talk to a friend when I talk to her. My surgeon recommended her to me.
in Houston TX |
They NEVER answer the phone or return phone calls , took a week to get my blood results back and I HAD to call to get and the whomever answered the phone did NOT even know how to read them!!! Did not even apologize for not returning calls and I feel like dr was only going by what I told her about my parents being diabetic, so then she assured me I would get it!!! I do NOT agree with that! The STAFF is rude and not helpful at all and do NOT care about patients!!! I will NOT go back,
in Houston, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Bharaktya for over 5 years. She takes the time to listen to my symptoms and really cares about me. I have referred many of my RN friends and co-workers, who after their first visit also love her. He staff is great and always responsive to my concerns. In the beginning, she personally called me to check on how I was feeling. She is a great Physician and has a kind and caring bedside manner. I couldn't ask for a better Doctor!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Bharaktiya, she is a very knowledgeable doctor. She is very patient and writes down everything you tell her. The only concern is her staff. They will never ever answer you correctly or at all. They will never return a phone call. I called the office 5 times in the last week. Each time the told me they are going to call me back in the eveing, guess what they never did. Im really disappointed:/ and really thinking about looking for a new doctor because of this.
in Houston, TX |
I like Dr. Bharaktiya, she is patient and shows concern about really helping you to resolve your medical issue. I would give her 5 stars, but her staff is not helpful at all. They will not answer the phone during operating hours and never return phone calls in a timely manner; sometimes you never get a return phone call at all. I am really thinking about looking for a new doctor because of this.
in Houston, TX |
Doctor always communicated well. Having an experienced doctor is always a bless, Dr. Shikha was very descriptive while explaining my health report. Her knowledge about the subject definitely added tremendous value in the communication. With an expert Doctor a patient needs well trained staff, helpful , polite , knows their work well.
in Houston, TX |
Some doctors are good, and then some are just excellent. Dr. Bharaktiya has proven that she is way more than excellent. She has invested so much time in my case over the year and a half I have been seeing her. Her intelligent thinking and precise directions have FINALLY gotten my A1C in an acceptable zone. Her patience and perseverance is commendable.
in Houston, TX |
Not treated like patient . Got appointment for 10:50 am and did not see doctor till 11:40 am. When confronted , doctor respond that she cant do more than that and switch to next patient. I felt like I am not a patient here but just an ATM card that can be swiped anytime they want .
in Houston, TX |
I am so thankful that my family found Dr. Bharaktiya. I have had several other diabetes doctors and never felt the comfort level or confidence in them as I have found in this doctor. Her observations and suggestions have been superb, as have her referrals. For the first time in ages, I feel I have found a doctor who will help me beat this disease and who has my best interests at heart. She is superb in every way--I can't recommend Dr. Bharaktiya highly enough.
Missouri City, TX |
Dr.Bharaktiya is the very best in her field. She is very professional, kind and shows empathy. She listens to you and answers all your questions. She wants to give the best cure for you. I Like her very much.
Have you seen Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya, MD?
Are you Dr. Bharaktiya?