Dr. Shibu Varughese, MD

Dr. Shibu Varughese, MD

Oncology  |

Dr. Shibu Varughese graduated from St John's University in 1995, Baccalaureate in Pharmacy cum laude. He then went on to pursue his Medical Degree at the Ross University school of Medicine and graduated with high honors in 2006. Following that he did his Post Graduate Internship & Residency in Internal Medicine and Post Doctorate in Geriatric Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Weston, Florida. He joined Louisianan State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans in 2010 and completed Post Doctorate Fellowship in Hematology-Oncology. He is board certified in Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Medicine. He is board eligible in Hematology . Currently he has membership in multiple medical societies including American Medical Association (AMA), American College of Physicians (ACP), American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO) and American Society of Hematologists (ASH).

Bethesda Medical Clinic , Gretna , LA 70056

1620 Belle Chasse Hwy # 101

Terrytown, LA 70056

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Peoples Health

Learn about Dr. Varughese

See how frequently Dr. Varughese performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lymphocytosis
Urinary Disorders
Blood Disorders
high

Dr. Varughese's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Varughese "Bethesda is a multi-specialty clinic offering services in Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Geriatrics, Endocrinology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Medicine . Our vision is to become a convenient, safe, and relaxing practice that focuses on the health and wellbeing of adults, while serving as a champion in education and research . Our mission is to provide exceptional medical care in a caring, compassionate, convenient, and friendly environment. We strive to maintain each patient's dignity while accommodating his or her physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs"

• Oncology

• Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Chemotherapy
  • Intrathecal Chemotherapy
  • Thoracentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Saint Johns University of New York
  • Cleveland Clinic Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Cleveland Clinic Florida Hospital-Geriatrics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Louisiana State University / School Of Medicine In New Orleans-Hematology/Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Pharmacy
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Varughese has no media or publications listed.

• Malayalam

Dr. Varughese does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varughese and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Varughese's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varughese to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Varughese's Performance
in Gretna , la |
Dr. shibu is the greatest Dr I've ever met he is kind , very theral and has taken very good care of me . I would recommend him to the world. His staff is awesome and very courteous to the patients here. I say he rates a 10 that being the best ever. I trust him with my life and he decisions he has made for my health. He spends quality time with me as a patient. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Slidell La |
Dr. Varughese is a blessed to me I had internal bleeding and also colonoscopy done. Know I'm happy to say know more bleeding.
New Orleans, LA |
I highly recommend Dr. Varughese. He listens to what you have to say and addresses each and every question. I was never made to feel like I was being rushed. The office staff are very kind, polite and helpful. Thanking God for directing me to Dr. Varughese..
in New Orleans, LA |
I have been seeing Dr. Shibu for over 3 years now. He's literally the best doctor I've ever had. I think he and his staff are fantastic. Dr. Shibu never makes me feel rushed and he always takes my concerns seriously. I'm so happy to be able to say that Dr. Shibu is my doctor!
New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Shibu, hands down has been the best doctor that I have the pleasure being a patience of in the west bank area. Dr. Shibu takes his time with each and every patience not matter if its a minor cut or a serious illness. He makes you feel like a person and truly cares about you well being. If you are looking for a new Doctor I highly recommend giving Bethesda Medical Clinic a call. Their staff and doctors exceeds industry expectation.
in Marrero,La |
Dr.v IS WHAT I CALL MY DR.HE HAS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL HIS PATIENTS.WHEN U NCOME TO HIS OFFICE U DONT FEEL LIKE A NUMBER.YOU ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE A HUMAN BEING.THE SPIRITUAL ATMOSPHERE IS SO AMAZING U CAN REALLY FEEL LIKE U ARE IN THE RIGHT HANDS FOR YOUR MEDICAL NEEDS.I LOVE DR V AND DR AMY!
in Gretna, La.70056 |
I love my doctor because he"s compassionate, he listens & explains everything & allow me (the patient) to ask questions.He's professional and friendly.I love his sense of humor.I wouldn't trade him in for the world .I love my lil Dr.I recommended my best friend & my mom recommended me.??
in Gretna, La |
This doctor I a God fearing man of God. He is very compassionate and understanding. He will be honest & up front with you at all times. I absolutely love this doctor he is more than a doctor he is a friend & does prey for his patients. They start every day in that office with prayer. You will find scripture on dry erase boards in the exam rooms, I enjoy reading them it does boost your faith. I highly suggest you give him a try I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Great doctor.
in Gretna, LA |
Just started seeing Dr. Varuchese recently.....He is great and down-to-earth.....I'm very comfortable speaking with him.....
Have you seen Dr. Shibu Varughese, MD?
Are you Dr. Varughese?