Functional Medicine  |
Dr. Shezi Kirmani, MD
In Dr. Kirmani's words: I went from seeing 30 patients a day and taking 36 hour calls at the hospital to being constantly fatigued and hurting all over my body. I had constant abdominal pain and was exhausted. It felt like my whole system had shut down overnight. I had to find help. I went to doctor after doctor and really found no answers. I was given medications but they gave me horrible side effects. Frustrated with the conventional medical system, I started doing my own reading and research in complementary and alternative medicine. I had always been a great fan of Dr. Andrew Weil's and Dr. Mark Hyman's work, and based on their recommendations and other reading I did – I made lifestyle and nutritional changes, including stopping gluten, dairy, and sugar, adding a daily ritual of exercise, breath training and yoga, and nutritional supplements – I began to feel better. I continued to practice at the Texas Medical Center and was voted as one the Top 10 internist in Houston, as well as one of the Top 10 internist in the State of Texas. Over 13 years of practice as a primary care physician, I saw about 10,000 patients. As time went by, I became increasingly dissatisfied with the current medical approach. I saw a rising trend in chronic illnesses and medication side effects and no emphasis on addressing the root cause of chronic conditions. I knew it was time for a change. In 2013, I was accepted in a 2-year fellowship program at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, one of the most prestigious training programs in integrative medicine in the world under the direct mentorship of Dr. Weil. This was a dream come true! Over the next 2 years, I went through a very rigorous program and trained with some of the leading experts in the field of integrative and functional medicine, including Dr. Weil, Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, Dr. Hyman and Dr. Victoria Maizes. I welcome you to My Pure MD. Together we will walk on your road to wellness!

CHI St Lukes Medical Group-Galleria

6363 San Felipe St Ste 150

Houston, TX 77057

Learn about Dr. Kirmani

At My Pure MD, our belief is that medical care should not be viewed as a cookie cutter solution, rather it needs to be personalized medicine. We view the body as one integrated web with a fine and delicate balance between different organ systems.

With the current medical approach the body is divided between different medical subspecialties. Our approach is to take all aspects of one's health history into consideration, including our unique genetic makeup, nutrition, exercise, stress, environmental toxicity, social relationships, and treat the body as a whole. We use the latest diagnostic tools and technologies from Integrative and Functional medicine, and combine it with Conventional medicine to help identify the critical imbalances that cause illness. Our goal is to get to the root cause of ailments and not just to mask the symptoms temporarily.

We practice patient-centered, not disease-centered, medicine. We provide answers. This is the way medicine should be.

Dr. Kirmani's Experience

Dr. Kirmani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Functional Medicine

• University Of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Arizona Ctr For Integrative Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Kirmani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kirmani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kirmani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kirmani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kirmani to family and friends
4.3
based on 17 total reviews
Dr. Kirmani's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Shezi Kirmani, MD?
Are you Dr. Kirmani?