Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Saint John Endocrinology 22201 Moross Rd Ste 252 Grosse Pointe, MI 48236 Get Directions
Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD
Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Grosse Pointe, MI. She is 39 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Russell is affiliated with Saint John River District Hospital, St. John Macomb - Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus and Saint John Hospital and Medical Center.

Dr. Russell's Experience

See how Dr. Russell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Russell

Dr. Russell accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Russell is not currently accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Russell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Russell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Russell to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Russell's Performance
in Macomb, MI |
She is wonderful!! She answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable. Her bedside manner is awesome! She made me feel like a friend, not just a patient! I would definitely recommend her to others!
Macomb, MI |
I've been wanting to review this doctor for about 2 years now but never brought myself to do it, I have never been treated so poorly and unkind by any doctor in my life. Sherilyn is rude and condescending and extremely unprofessional. I came in with concerns about my thyroid and she dismissed every concern I had. Instead of helping me with my concerns of hair loss, slow metabolism, etc., she gave me a ten minute lecture about using contraceptives. Absolutely disgusting and ridiculous
Grosse Pointe, MI |
I am a new patient of Dr. Russell's and being under her care has been an excellent experience! She explained my condition and procedures necessary in ways that I could understand. She spent a lot of time with me and I felt her sincere compassion. She also is extremely capable and knowledgeable. I absolutely will refer her to family and friends.
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Dr. Russell provides good care, but she is always very late for her appointment times.
in Trenton, MI. 48183 |
Very professional and a great Endocronologist. Dr. Russell truly is concerned about her patients well being.
St Johns, MI |
It was nice she gave my condition a name "reactive hypoglycemia" but then she just told me to look on the internet for how to maintain it, instead of telling me. There is nothing online even though she insists otherwise. She doesn't explain things. One question she gave me different answers on 3 different occasions and denied previous answers. One apt. she spent more time worrying how I saw another doctor for a opinion/medication advice instead worrying how bad I felt. Leave with more questions.
in Michigan |
I have been seeing her for nearly 2yrs. My initial appt. appeared to go well. Then downhill it went-constantly overbooked, an hour wait-time. My last appt. I sat for over an hour and then was informed by the receptionist that Dr. Russell was running an hour behind and if could come back in about 2hrs. Um no I took off work in the a.m. to attend this appointment. She is not knowledgeable I asked about metabolism suppt as indicated on her jacket and she knew nothing. I will not be seeing her again
in Troy, MI |
This is one of the best Doctor's I have ever been referred to by a physician. She makes you feel at ease and very comfortable. She thoroughly explains everything that is going on with your treatment. I even laugh at her corny jokes. Having Dr Russell treat you is like having your sister treat you.
Washington Township, MI |
I was concerned about the low reviews for this doctor, spoke with her staff and was assured she is on the same level as all of their doctors. I truly hope that is not so. I waited months for an appointment with her, took 1/2 day off work and wound up 2 miles away from her in the wrong building (my fault); called immediately, and they would not see me. Was told she had 2 other new patients at 2:30 that day and was the only doc available. I would have been 15 mins late. Not the doctor for me.
in New Baltimore MI |
I also found her bedside manner to be condescending. She does not seem to understand that not everyone is the same and that she needs to listen to what her patients are saying. She did not treat me with respect or empathy. I left feeling angry and frustrated.
Definitely the worst doctor I have ever been to. She is very rude and condescending. She doesn't care about obvious symptoms, family history, or past diagnosis. I am over 6' and wear a size 12 and she had the audacity to suggest I needed weight loss surgery! Don't waste your time with her.
in Ferndale |
One of the worst Doctors I've ever been to. I leave her office feeling no way helped at all. She makes every concern feel like it's in your head nor wants to address it. She's only concerned about lab work not the patient, she pretty much shakes her head and just calls you a liar if you even think there's a concern. I have had appointments rescheduled over and over due to her personal error in time she sees patients aka doesn't want to work past noon. Never returning again
Have you seen Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Are you Dr. Russell?

Compare Dr. Russell

Dr. Russell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Russell has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Russell's Board Certifications

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

William Beaumont Hospital

Completed in 2008

Henry Ford Health System

Completed in 2010

Dr. Russell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Russell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism