Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD

Dr. Russell
Telehealth services available

Saint John Endocrinology

20229 E 9 Mile Rd Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080

Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Saint Clair Shores, MI and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Russell has more experience with Diabetes and Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine medical school in 2004. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital - Warren Campus and Ascension River District Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Russell to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Saint Clair Shores

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Russell accepts

Dr. Russell accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 84% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Russell treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Russell treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Diabetes Type 2

Dr. Russell treats Diabetes Type 2 more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Russell treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Russell treats Diabetic Ketoacidosis more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Russell treats this condition more than 92% of their peers

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 76% more than their peers

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Russell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Russell

3.1

Dr. Russell?
I have been seeing Dr. Russell for a few years now for multiple endocrine issues. I always feel respected, listened to, and my opinion is always taken into consideration before making treatment decisions. I am so happy to have found her since I have been to other endocrinologists who either do not consider my input on my own care to be worthwhile, or that I have to wait at least an hour past my appointment time to see. I have not had either of those issues with Dr. Russell and my conditions are under the best control they've ever been under with her help.
Toni – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Dr. Russell is an excellent Physician. She is always at the top of all records and test answers. Enjoy having her as my Doctor has really helped my health improve. She has wonderful ideas for improving health issues. Would never switch from her.
Katherine Glaeser – Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR RUSSELL FOR A YEAR AND HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH HER TREATMENT. I FEEL SHE ANSWERS MY QUESTION AND FOLLOW-UP. IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO GET THE RIGHT DOSAGE AFTER MY TOTAL THYROIDECTOMY BUT SHE WAS ALWAYS KIND AND PROFESSIONAL
LAURA – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Never on time for appointments. Both of my appointments were 45 minutes late. I was early for both appointments. There is a policy in the office that if a patient is 15 minutes late they will be rescheduled but the excuse both times was that the patient before me was late.
Sheryl – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I have been a patient of dr Russell’s for a year due to thriod issues I would highly recommend her. Dr Russell takes her time to answer your questions and more then once personally called me with test results.
Clinton Township – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I had my Thyroid totally removed (Not by Dr. Russel) After surgery the surgeon told me to follow up with an Endocrinologist because I will have to be on medication for life.I went to Dr. Russel, After starting the meds. she prescribed I was so sick, She had prescribed a dosage that was 4 times higher than what I should have been prescribed. When I told her what my primary physician said, all she said was "I'm human, we all make mistakes, She took it has if it was no big deal.
Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
She is wonderful!! She answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable. Her bedside manner is awesome! She made me feel like a friend, not just a patient! I would definitely recommend her to others!
Jodie Bastone in Macomb, MI – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I've been wanting to review this doctor for about 2 years now but never brought myself to do it, I have never been treated so poorly and unkind by any doctor in my life. Sherilyn is rude and condescending and extremely unprofessional. I came in with concerns about my thyroid and she dismissed every concern I had. Instead of helping me with my concerns of hair loss, slow metabolism, etc., she gave me a ten minute lecture about using contraceptives. Absolutely disgusting and ridiculous
Macomb, MI – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I am a new patient of Dr. Russell's and being under her care has been an excellent experience! She explained my condition and procedures necessary in ways that I could understand. She spent a lot of time with me and I felt her sincere compassion. She also is extremely capable and knowledgeable. I absolutely will refer her to family and friends.
Grosse Pointe, MI – Feb 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Dr. Russell provides good care, but she is always very late for her appointment times.
Bloomfield Hills, MI – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Very professional and a great Endocronologist. Dr. Russell truly is concerned about her patients well being.
T Smith in Trenton, MI. 48183 – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
It was nice she gave my condition a name "reactive hypoglycemia" but then she just told me to look on the internet for how to maintain it, instead of telling me. There is nothing online even though she insists otherwise. She doesn't explain things. One question she gave me different answers on 3 different occasions and denied previous answers. One apt. she spent more time worrying how I saw another doctor for a opinion/medication advice instead worrying how bad I felt. Leave with more questions.
St Johns, MI – Oct 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I have been seeing her for nearly 2yrs. My initial appt. appeared to go well. Then downhill it went-constantly overbooked, an hour wait-time. My last appt. I sat for over an hour and then was informed by the receptionist that Dr. Russell was running an hour behind and if could come back in about 2hrs. Um no I took off work in the a.m. to attend this appointment. She is not knowledgeable I asked about metabolism suppt as indicated on her jacket and she knew nothing. I will not be seeing her again
Previous Patient in Michigan – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
This is one of the best Doctor's I have ever been referred to by a physician. She makes you feel at ease and very comfortable. She thoroughly explains everything that is going on with your treatment. I even laugh at her corny jokes. Having Dr Russell treat you is like having your sister treat you.
Linnie in Troy, MI – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I was concerned about the low reviews for this doctor, spoke with her staff and was assured she is on the same level as all of their doctors. I truly hope that is not so. I waited months for an appointment with her, took 1/2 day off work and wound up 2 miles away from her in the wrong building (my fault); called immediately, and they would not see me. Was told she had 2 other new patients at 2:30 that day and was the only doc available. I would have been 15 mins late. Not the doctor for me.
Washington Township, MI – Jun 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
I also found her bedside manner to be condescending. She does not seem to understand that not everyone is the same and that she needs to listen to what her patients are saying. She did not treat me with respect or empathy. I left feeling angry and frustrated.
deserverespect in New Baltimore MI – May 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
Definitely the worst doctor I have ever been to. She is very rude and condescending. She doesn't care about obvious symptoms, family history, or past diagnosis. I am over 6' and wear a size 12 and she had the audacity to suggest I needed weight loss surgery! Don't waste your time with her.
May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?
One of the worst Doctors I've ever been to. I leave her office feeling no way helped at all. She makes every concern feel like it's in your head nor wants to address it. She's only concerned about lab work not the patient, she pretty much shakes her head and just calls you a liar if you even think there's a concern. I have had appointments rescheduled over and over due to her personal error in time she sees patients aka doesn't want to work past noon. Never returning again
Jritth01 in Ferndale – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherilyn Russell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Russell?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

2010
Henry Ford Health System
2008
William Beaumont Hospital
2004
Wayne State University School Of Medicine

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Russell communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell communicates via email

• Does Dr. Russell offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Russell offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Russell have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Russell offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Russell offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Russell offers evening visits