Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD

Dr. Kamel
Telehealth services available

Sherief M Kamel MD

633 E BALDWIN RD Panama City, FL 32405

Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Panama City, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Bay and Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kamel to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Internal Medicine Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Kamel accepts

Dr. Kamel accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Kamel treats your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kamel

3.4

1.2195121951219512%

Dr. Kamel?
  • Office environment (52)
  • Explained conditions well (48)
  • Listened & answered questions (48)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (31)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (29)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (28)
Dr. Kamel is very professional! He makes sure you understand what his concerns are concerning your situation. His office staff are very polite and caring about you. Their seat in the waiting room is very comfortable! I highly recommend Dr. Kamel!
William Whittenberger – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kamel for almost 10 years . I could not ask for any better care . He helped me significantly getting more healthy. The staff is helpful and friendly. I trust him 100%
Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
This reviews most be paid for. This has never been my experience. He is the worst, most un caring doctor i have ever been to.
Santa Rosa Beach, FL – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Dr Kamel and his staff are great. I never have to wait long and Bethany his PA is fantastic. She listens to me and is very helpful at helping me navigate through my issues. Great doctor that knows his stuff!!!!
Wendi Patterson in Lynn Haven, FL – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Very good doctors and staff. I was always seen in a reasonable time . I have Hashimoto's disease which has affected my life . I feel a 100% better today . This is one of few doctors I ever met that really listen and treat me as a person
Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
When he comes in always feel he rushes in and out.Doesnt explain anything or seem to know chart.Always ttys to push off on NP.NEVER return calls EVER.All about that$$
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Hello! My name is Elaine, I have been coming to the Wellness Center at the Institute of Endocrinology since March of 2016. When I started my journey I gave myself One Year to lose 100Lbs! I started at 313Lbs. Did I reach my goal? NO! Did I GIVE UP? NO! I NOW WEIGH 237Lbs! I have Lost 76Lbs! It has been the best experience I could ask for to become a healthier me! With the help of Dr. Kamel, Brittany(Dietician) and most especially Farid(Trainer). I am not finished reaching my goal yet, so come
Hoschton, GA – May 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
"I have been a patient of Dr. Kamel's for about a year now for my diabetes. I've only seen Dr. Kamel, however at my last appointment, I was seen by his Nurse Practitioner, Ashley. She was very nice and professional. When she reviewed my blood sugar logs, she told me that we were doing a great job. My blood levels went from a 10% to 7%. I am very pleased to say that my diabetes is under control. Thanks to them."
Panama City, FL – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
I have been a patient at the Institute of Endocrinology for a long time. I get very surprised if I read anything negative about them . I have nothing but positive things to say. The wait time is reasonable and actually much better than most of the other practices I go to for specialists in that caliber. Most importantly , I am seeing a highly qualified specialist with best care and wonderful bedside manner. When I get a medical advice , I know it is for my benefit coming from an expert
Lynn Haven, FL – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
They use state of the art technology everywhere in this office. My sugar was always either high or low . Now I have an A1C less than 7 and I feel so much better . They carry board certification in their field . Good knowledgeable team of doctors and staff. Definitely a leader in the area
Lynn Haven, FL – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
HAVING MULTIPLE HEALTH ISSUES MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND TRUST A PROGRAM TO TAKE ALL OF THOSE HEALTH FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN DEVELOPING A GOOD WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, BUT THANKFULLY DR KAMELS OFFICE HAS FIGURED IT OUT FOR ME. SINCE COMING TO DR KAMEL’S OFFICE I HAVE LOST 60LBS AND BROUGHT MY HGBA1C DOWN FROM 7.9 TO 6.1 AND AM OFF SEVERAL OF MY MEDICATIONS. I LOVE THE TEAM APPROACH IN GETTING ME HEALTHIER. I HAVE MET A LOT OF VERY NICE PEOPLE WORKING HERE WHO GENUINELY CARE
G Granger in Lynn Haven, FL – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Sat in an examination room for 2 hours and ended up leaving without being seen by the doctor. I had previous concerns about the doctor's practice due to the long list of additional services they are peddling to their patients. If you go to their in-house gym for $100/month, they offer mild-narcotics to lose weight. You can get Botox, a massage, have your prescription filled, blood work performed, go to gym, get diet pills and get an eye exam. Unfortunately, I couldn't get thyroid care.
Lynn Haven, FL – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Making an appointment is a challenge. The office staff doesn't return messages. On my 4th call, I got someone on the phone and made an appointment. No one ever returned my calls. I waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes, and another 20 in the exam room. The doctor talked to me for all of 2 minutes and had very little interest in what I had to say. Then I waited another 30 minutes for the nurse to come in and verify my prescription information. My prescription still hasn't been called in.
Vernon, FL – Mar 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
I was reffered to Dr. Kamel by my primary. When I arrived I was impressed by the beautiful clinic . From the front desk to the nurses every one treated me very well with a big smile. It was a busy day but I understand they take care of many patients . My father goes there and my cousin goes there as well. They have done very well for my diabetic father. He used to always have a terrible sugar . Now he is much better . My cousin is using their weight loss program and have lost a lot of weight .
lisa in Panama City, FL – Oct 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
I made an appt. requesting to see a Board certified Dr. of Endocrine medicine. . I arrived on time at 8 Am and waited in a not properly cleaned room. There is splatters of sanitizer on the wall, there were a small old desk w/fingerprints that were caked on. I waited with the door closed for over 45 minutes while I listened to the people working in the office chat away about their lives while I sat there. Finally a nurse practitioner talked with me for 10 minutes after I paid a @220.
Miramar Beach, FL – Aug 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Very nice doctor and staff . I have seen many endocrinologists but Dr. Kamel is the best .
Lynn Haven, FL – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Dr Kamel is good endocrinologist but his staff is slow and do not do what they say they will do. When I came in today, I had to wait because reception person (only 1) was on phone. There was no sign in sheet. I waited in doctors office quite awhile before he came in. Nurse was to come in and run tests but was slow. (understand I am extremely sick) so since she was slow and never came in I left office. I asked that my prescription be phoned into publix but when I got to publix it was not in.
SadieSue in Panama City Beach, FL – Jun 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
This is a good office with caring staff . Everyone is doing a great job . Very successful and helped thousands of patients in our community . They brought a large city level of practice to our area. Unfortunately nowadays any one who does not want to pay copay or got dismissed or upset for whatever reason , the easiest thing is to post negative on the internet . I believe we should support high level professionals like them to stay in our community and continue to help people who need them
Lynn Haven, FL – May 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
His comprehensive intake evaluation discovered something important my other doctors were missing. I'm grateful for his ability to filter a large amount of medical history and see a pattern. Now I can source and treat a serious - but previously undiagnosed - disease.
Mrs Gardener in Destin, Florida – May 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Dr. Kamel and his staff are the best that I have ever been to. I would never trust anyone else with my health and care other than their staff, and Ashley is so caring and understanding about everything going on and what needs to be done. Jessica is always so sweet and caring when she visits you in the hospital and makes sure that all your needs are met. Thank You Dr. Kamel for you and all of your caring and loving staff.
Stephanie Batchelor in Panama City, FL – May 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kamel?

• Arabic