Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Sherief M Kamel MD 633 E Baldwin Rd Panama City, FL 32405 Get Directions
Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD

Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Panama City, FL. He is 46 years old. Dr. Kamel is affiliated with Northwest Florida Community Hospital, Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, Doctors Memorial Hospital, Bay Medical Center, Sacred Heart Hospital On the Emerald Coast and Twin Cities Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Kamel's Experience

See how Dr. Kamel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kamel

Dr. Kamel accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Kamel is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Kamel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kamel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kamel to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Kamel's Performance
    GOOD
Hoschton, GA |
Hello! My name is Elaine, I have been coming to the Wellness Center at the Institute of Endocrinology since March of 2016. When I started my journey I gave myself One Year to lose 100Lbs! I started at 313Lbs. Did I reach my goal? NO! Did I GIVE UP? NO! I NOW WEIGH 237Lbs! I have Lost 76Lbs! It has been the best experience I could ask for to become a healthier me! With the help of Dr. Kamel, Brittany(Dietician) and most especially Farid(Trainer). I am not finished reaching my goal yet, so come
Panama City, FL |
"I have been a patient of Dr. Kamel's for about a year now for my diabetes. I've only seen Dr. Kamel, however at my last appointment, I was seen by his Nurse Practitioner, Ashley. She was very nice and professional. When she reviewed my blood sugar logs, she told me that we were doing a great job. My blood levels went from a 10% to 7%. I am very pleased to say that my diabetes is under control. Thanks to them."
Lynn Haven, FL |
I have been a patient at the Institute of Endocrinology for a long time. I get very surprised if I read anything negative about them . I have nothing but positive things to say. The wait time is reasonable and actually much better than most of the other practices I go to for specialists in that caliber. Most importantly , I am seeing a highly qualified specialist with best care and wonderful bedside manner. When I get a medical advice , I know it is for my benefit coming from an expert
Lynn Haven, FL |
They use state of the art technology everywhere in this office. My sugar was always either high or low . Now I have an A1C less than 7 and I feel so much better . They carry board certification in their field . Good knowledgeable team of doctors and staff. Definitely a leader in the area
in Lynn Haven, FL |
HAVING MULTIPLE HEALTH ISSUES MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND TRUST A PROGRAM TO TAKE ALL OF THOSE HEALTH FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN DEVELOPING A GOOD WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, BUT THANKFULLY DR KAMELS OFFICE HAS FIGURED IT OUT FOR ME. SINCE COMING TO DR KAMEL’S OFFICE I HAVE LOST 60LBS AND BROUGHT MY HGBA1C DOWN FROM 7.9 TO 6.1 AND AM OFF SEVERAL OF MY MEDICATIONS. I LOVE THE TEAM APPROACH IN GETTING ME HEALTHIER. I HAVE MET A LOT OF VERY NICE PEOPLE WORKING HERE WHO GENUINELY CARE
Lynn Haven, FL |
Sat in an examination room for 2 hours and ended up leaving without being seen by the doctor. I had previous concerns about the doctor's practice due to the long list of additional services they are peddling to their patients. If you go to their in-house gym for $100/month, they offer mild-narcotics to lose weight. You can get Botox, a massage, have your prescription filled, blood work performed, go to gym, get diet pills and get an eye exam. Unfortunately, I couldn't get thyroid care.
Vernon, FL |
Making an appointment is a challenge. The office staff doesn't return messages. On my 4th call, I got someone on the phone and made an appointment. No one ever returned my calls. I waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes, and another 20 in the exam room. The doctor talked to me for all of 2 minutes and had very little interest in what I had to say. Then I waited another 30 minutes for the nurse to come in and verify my prescription information. My prescription still hasn't been called in.
in Panama City, FL |
I was reffered to Dr. Kamel by my primary. When I arrived I was impressed by the beautiful clinic . From the front desk to the nurses every one treated me very well with a big smile. It was a busy day but I understand they take care of many patients . My father goes there and my cousin goes there as well. They have done very well for my diabetic father. He used to always have a terrible sugar . Now he is much better . My cousin is using their weight loss program and have lost a lot of weight .
Miramar Beach, FL |
I made an appt. requesting to see a Board certified Dr. of Endocrine medicine. . I arrived on time at 8 Am and waited in a not properly cleaned room. There is splatters of sanitizer on the wall, there were a small old desk w/fingerprints that were caked on. I waited with the door closed for over 45 minutes while I listened to the people working in the office chat away about their lives while I sat there. Finally a nurse practitioner talked with me for 10 minutes after I paid a @220.
Lynn Haven, FL |
Very nice doctor and staff . I have seen many endocrinologists but Dr. Kamel is the best .
in Panama City Beach, FL |
Dr Kamel is good endocrinologist but his staff is slow and do not do what they say they will do. When I came in today, I had to wait because reception person (only 1) was on phone. There was no sign in sheet. I waited in doctors office quite awhile before he came in. Nurse was to come in and run tests but was slow. (understand I am extremely sick) so since she was slow and never came in I left office. I asked that my prescription be phoned into publix but when I got to publix it was not in.
Lynn Haven, FL |
This is a good office with caring staff . Everyone is doing a great job . Very successful and helped thousands of patients in our community . They brought a large city level of practice to our area. Unfortunately nowadays any one who does not want to pay copay or got dismissed or upset for whatever reason , the easiest thing is to post negative on the internet . I believe we should support high level professionals like them to stay in our community and continue to help people who need them
in Destin, Florida |
His comprehensive intake evaluation discovered something important my other doctors were missing. I'm grateful for his ability to filter a large amount of medical history and see a pattern. Now I can source and treat a serious - but previously undiagnosed - disease.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Kamel and his staff are the best that I have ever been to. I would never trust anyone else with my health and care other than their staff, and Ashley is so caring and understanding about everything going on and what needs to be done. Jessica is always so sweet and caring when she visits you in the hospital and makes sure that all your needs are met. Thank You Dr. Kamel for you and all of your caring and loving staff.
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Moved to the area and this is the only thyroid doctor I could find within a 30 mile area. The staff wasn't informative at all. When they found that I had a nodule on my thyroid they didn't inform me that I had to come back twice and pay twice for two different procedures, that another doctor could of done at the same time. Made me come in my test results. Pay again. Had a med that I had to pay a 30.00 co pay each month to get refilled. Went to my regular doctor he refilled for 5 months. Don't go
Panama City, FL |
The extremely long wait in the waiting room is not worth the 10 minutes that you get to see the dr.
in Lynn Haven, Fl 32444 |
Dr. Kamel, and his staff are pleasant and sweet, they truly seem to care about their patients. Dr. Kamel considers my concerns, and truly wants to help with those concerns. I recommend Dr. Kamel to all family and friends. He, and his staff deserve a five star rating.
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Kamel is a superb practitioner who has an encyclopedic knowledge of his specialty. He is a gentleman who knows how to listen. I couldn't be more pleased to have him as my physician and to be his patient. His Nurse Practitioners are first class as well.
very highly recommended
in Panama City, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Kamel for years, he is a very considerate and professional Dr. and takes good care of me.
Have you seen Dr. Sherief Kamel, MD?
Are you Dr. Kamel?

Compare Dr. Kamel

Dr. Kamel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Kamel has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kamel's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

University Of Alexandria, Faculty Of Medicine

Dr. Kamel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kamel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism