Dr. Shereen Chang, MD

Adult Neurology | Female

Dr. Shereen Chang, MD
Dr. Shereen Chang, MD is an adult neurology doctor who practices in Cedar Rapids, IA. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Chang is affiliated with St. Luke's Hospital and Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids.

Dr. Chang's Experience

See how Dr. Chang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Chang is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chang has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chang to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Chang's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Robins, IA |
Outstanding visit from start to finish! She began our visit by asking me detailed questions about my medical history, taking copious notes, and asking for clarifications and more info to remove all ambiguity. She explained her approach to treating my condition, wanting to know if I was comfortable with her methodology or if I wanted a different approach or changes. She listened attentively, and my care and treatment plan was a collaborative effort between the two of us.
Cedar Rapids, IA |
No empathy. No communications skills. Didn't care.
in Cedar Rapids, IA |
Don't visit her, doesn't communicate well, couldn't diagnose simple stroke after brain injury. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. There is a certain degree of impropriety when dealing with people after a personal injury. Finds reasons to not diagnose.
in Amana,IA |
Dr. Chang has always been friendly and concerned with my condition. Even better, she is helping me slowly get off gabapentin with all of it's possible side effects. I'm glad to see her twice a year and if she was a GP, I would say, "Sign me up as a new patient." She is among the nicest doctors I have come in contact with in my 70 years.
Cedar Rapids, IA |
She didn't do anything. She walked in the room looked at me went Hmm, you've had a headache for a month? you saw someone else 6 years ago? this medication didn't work then? let try it again... Oh you're on this medication...you're not on a high enough dose we're just going to up that. and sent me on my way. Didn't run any test or anything. Worst experience I have ever had with any doctor. I will never go back to her. If you need to see a neurologist do not see this one.
in Cedar Rapids, IA |
Dr. Chang is personable, thorough, and explains conditions well to patients, and/or families. My mother-in-law has been followed for her Alzheimer's for 5+ years. We have been pleased with her interactions with mom, and we have followed recommendations. I have recommended Dr Chang to my daughter-in-law, and she could make an appointment within 2 weeks.The staff are friendly, and well knowledgeable. The office is beautiful, clean, and efficiently laid out. I would highly recommend Dr Chang.
Have you seen Dr. Shereen Chang, MD?
Are you Dr. Chang?

Compare Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Iowa not available

Dr. Chang has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chang's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Anterior Horn Disease
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Memory Disorders
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Neuromuscular Diseases
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

R J & Lucille Carver Coll Med Univ Of Ia

Graduated in 2003

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Neurology