Family Medicine  |
Dr. Shelle Barber, DO
Dr. Shelle Barber, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Arlington, TX. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

1300 S Fielder Rd

Arlington, TX 76013

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance

Learn about Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber's Experience

Dr. Barber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• University of North Texas Health Science Center / Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Barber's Performance
Fort Worth, TX |
Dr Barber has been my PCP for 7 years. I have had multiple health issues throughout that time, and Dr Barber has been resourceful, proactive, and SO helpful in my care. Flexible scheduling, genuinely caring, and an advocate in her patients' care. I highly recommended Dr Barber to family/friends in the DFW area.
in Arlington Texas |
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Barber, she is the best. However, I find the staff (front desk & phone operators) very VERY rude. Spoke to someone named Maria , who kept cutting me off, had harsh tone, was unempathetic! Most people calling their Physician do not feel well, and even staff should be empathetic, patient, and caring. Especially when the Dr has all these qualities!
Arlington, TX |
This isn't a review of Dr. Barber, but I just called to schedule an appointment with her, seeing all the positive reviews she has. The woman who schedules appointments was not at all friendly, and told me that they don't accept new BCBS patients, only existing ones. I don't understand it, and tried to get some clarification, but she wasn't interested in doing that. I wish they had better help on the phones, because I'd love to find a good doctor here in Arlington.
in Grand Prairie , TX |
She an awsome Dr. After my motorcycle accident she was my primary care doc and got the best care from her and her staff. And as being a man with a female doctor, she is the best at making you feel comfortable she is very knowledgeable and caring
in Ft Worth, TX |
She is a great doctor. Personlity is great.
in Fort Worth, TX |
I am so sorry to be moving out of the DFW area. Dr Barber is the first Doctor I have complete trust in. She has been my PCP for over 3 years, and has helped me with everything from a common cold, to cronic back pain
in Arlington, TX |
I saw Dr. Barber for my yearly check ups maybe for 4 years in a row. My well woman check ups proved fine. Except one test my insurance didn't cover was ordered by an intern who I had agreed to do my exam. The test was for chlamydia which I had never needed testing before and have not been sexually active for 12 years. Dr. Barber would have known this but didn't seem too concerned that it cost me near $100 and because of this I made sure to ask that unnecessary tests not be done.
in Ft Worth, TX |
4 total visits= MAYBE 15 minutes with her. I came in with concerns about hypothyroid. ( Runs in my family, unexplained weight gain, hair loss, impossible to wake up in the morning, sluggish, foggy etc.) On the second visit she refused to look closely at my lab results, (they weren't flagged but they were .01 away from being low) I expressed my concern. She said was sick of people looking things up on google and that I didn't know anything. I went back two more times to try to get help..nope
in Hurst, TX |
Only complaint was that despite calling reception ahead so they could prior auth my visit before I got there in case there was a problem, they waited till I was there and they ended up making me miss my appointment because the auth was taking too long. I drive 30 minutes to miss my appointment. However, Dr. Barber herself is wonderful!!! She was the only Doctor that found out I had severe carpal tunnel and referred me to a great hand specialist for surgery. I would definitely recommend her!
Have you seen Dr. Shelle Barber, DO?
Are you Dr. Barber?

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance