Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 58

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Hillsboro, OR and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Temple University School of Medicine in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center and Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD

Tanasbourne Plastic Surgery

10690 NE Cornell Rd Ste 324 Hillsboro, OR 97124
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Cober's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cober

4.5

No compassion after surgery, just sees your money.
Be careful of this doctor, acts like he cares until you have surgery but doesn't care about your pain after surgery. Just sees money and ignores your after care calls.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Elizabeth Glover – Dec 19, 2022
Unhelpful
I broke my hand and was referred to Dr Cober. I called and was informed by staff that Dr Cober only does Breast Augmentation anymore and it is at least a 4 month wait to ve seen. Please revise youre website to reflect this. As the website specifically states hand surgeon.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Jul 04, 2022
Dr. Cober does various types of post-oncologic...Read More
Happy, Healthy, Pain Free
I delayed having a breast reduction for eight years due to my apprehension regarding what the scars and final result would look like and my worry over potentially experiencing long term side effects. Dr. Cober presented me with excellent information regarding the surgery and expected outcomes using computer images and pamphlets to educate me. He is very personable and he encouraged me to ask questions. After the consultation, I was satisfied and confident that Dr. Cober was the surgeon for me. I am completely satisfied with the skills Dr. Cober has demonstrated because the surgical incisions are barely visible after only six months. I have a very youthful, perky appearance, but more importantly, I'm not experiencing neck and shoulder pain. I highly recommend Dr. Cober, so much so, that I would be willing to meet with patients, in a structured clinical setting, to allow you to see his fine work.
May 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr Cober is a super talented Plastic Surgeon! I needed a Lumpectomy and a breast reduction due to having very large breast. The surgery was done with my oncologist and Dr Cober. I was not expecting this when It was suggested by my oncologist. However, Dr. Cober left me with almost no questions to ask as, he covered all and then some. His staff is the best! I was so happy with the outcome of the reduction and lift! I will recommend Dr. Cober to anyone that is looking for a Plastic Surgeon. I was so cared for by the Dr. and his staff. What a great experience!
Linda Saliva-Valvo – Oct 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober performed carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists. As a musician himself he was sensitive to the problems associated with carpal tunnel and performing to the best of your abiity. I am a guitarist and mandolinist and the numbness in my fingers was not the worst part of the syndrome, bad as that was. The worst part is my brain telling both hands and fingers what to do and being a nano second late. Not everyone notices, but you do and it is awful. Dr. Cober returned my timing and my musical life back to me. perfectly. What more can I say.
Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr Cober is extremely knowledgeable, has excellent bedside manners and there's not a question he won't answer. His sense of humor is much appreciated. More surgeons should follow his example of professionalism and dedication to his craft! His staff is also fantastic! He handled my skin removal (post gastric bypass) and did excellent work. I highly recommend Dr Cober!
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober did the reconstruction after a bi-lateral mastectomy. He is very informed and professional and was referred to me by my surgeon. I really appreciated his willingness to spend time to explain things/options as this was a difficult time (to say the least). He is a perfectionist and wants to have great outcomes, which is perfect if you are his patient.
Liz DeLong – Dec 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Cober by my Surgeon after being diagnosed with breast cancer. My surgeon suggested I have a breast reduction at the time of the lumpectomy. I was thrilled and found this to be the bright light of having a cancer diagnoses. From my first visit until my last, Dr. Cober and his staff were amazing. Dr. Cober and his medical assistant made me feel at ease. I can't say enough positive praises about my experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Cober.
Kathy – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
I saw Dr. Cober after a couple of breast reconstruction surgeries. I was not happy with the process and results I had been through. Dr. Cober was fantastic. He knew how to fix my issue. He was straight forward about the results I should expect and he followed through with what he said. I was very happy with his work.
Arya Behbehani – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Cober, who was very highly recommended by my PCP when I needed Hand Surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome about 10 weeks ago. I am very, very pleased with the procedure. the results and especially with Dr. Cober's skill, kindness and low-key direct way of speaking. The surgery nurse told me I could watch the surgery on a monitor. I thought not, but ended up being absolutely fascinated with it! Of course, with the nerve block I felt nothing and the mild sedation made it seem as if I were watching while this was being done to someone else! Start to finish the entire thing was less than 40 minutes, and the actual surgery was closer to 15-20 min.
DCD – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in 2016. I started with a unilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. Before my exchange surgery I found out that I have a genetic mutation that increases my chances of certain cancers by as much as 40%. I therefore opted for a second prophylactic mastectomy. Dr. Cober was supportive of my decisions and checked up on me after each surgery to make sure I was doing well and that my pain was managed. During this process I got to spend a lot of time with Dr. Cober. I actually looked forward to our visits (how many doctors can you say that about?). He is great at explaining procedures and options, quick with jokes and puns but most importantly he is an excellent surgeon, a kind and compassionate person and a true artist with the human body. I am very happy with the end results. I highly recommend him.
Ellie in OR – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober is the best! I had a free tram flap tissue transplant after a unilateral mastectomy. After that healed up, I had a breast reduction on the opposite side, then after that healed, I had the areola and nipple recreated. Both breasts are now symmetrical, comparable in size, lift and the nipple and areola look natural. I am so pleased with the results and won't consider going to any other surgeons should I need on in the future.
Aloha, OR – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr Cober is a perfectionist and diligent plastic surgeon. In 2017 I needed a bi lateral mastectomy for breast cancer and I was very pleased with the result. He was extremely patient with me and went overboard to address all my issues. Not only that but his personality is very approachable and fun! I also elected to have a upper arm reduction which he also performed extremely well. I had no problems and the scars are almost invisible. Highly recommend him AND his staff along with the surgery cent
Vancouver, WA – Nov 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
My breast surgeon gave me a couple of different recommendations for reconstruction doctors. I met with both, but Dr. Cober struck a cord with me. He is a fellow artist. For him, it isn't just tissue, but a palette and every surgery he performs is with an eye towards the final masterpiece. HIs skill, patience, eye for the detail, and professionalism put me instantly at ease and I am very happy with the end result!
Portland, OR – May 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
I cannot say enough good thing about Dr. Cober. I was refereed to him by my breast surgeon for reconstruction at the time of my double Mastectomy. She so highly recommended him that I did not even see another plastic surgeon. When a doctor tells you that he did the reconstruction on all her family members and that if she ever needed a plastic surgeon it would be Dr. Cober, I was very impressed. It turned out he was all she said and more. He was thoughtful and easy to work with. He helped me to c
J Hockley in Beaverton – Jan 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Sheldon Cober is hands-down the best physician I have ever worked with. His deep knowledge, excellent bedside manner and humor, and patient-directed approach combined to make for a seamless experience. That’s despite an additional emergency surgery during the process as well as a tight timeline because I was moving out of the country. No matter what I threw at him, he handled it easily. I cannot recommend Sheldon Cober highly enough.
Sarah Moore in Portland – Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober is a very knowledgeable, attentive, and professional physician. He answers all questions thoroughly and I am highly satisfied with the results of my procedure (double incision mastectomy, FTM chest reconstruction).
Portland, OR – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober did a breast re-construction surgery for me this past March. Because of breast cancer 11 years ago, I had a lumpectomy done. However, I was not able to do re-construction because most insurances only covered re-construction for mastectomy. From the very first visit, Dr. Cober was kind and well-informed about the surgery. He anticipated my questions and had answers to them. That visit was 1 1/2 hrs...amazing. Surgery went very well and I am extremely pleased with the outcome.
J Kyanko in Portland, OR – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Six years ago I had a breast augmentation procedure in GA. Over time, the implants went wrong. Dr. Cober provided a thorough analysis and proposal in a comforting atmosphere. The procedure involved removal of the existing implants and insertion of two new implants. Dr. Cober suggested and used a different textured implant set that would discourage movement of the implants. The entire process from the first visit, through the surgery, to the final visit was perfect. Everything went great!
Nancy in Roseburg, OR – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?
Dr. Cober has been amazing from the start. He is reassuring, confident, very detail oriented, has the best bedside manner and I felt really cared for. There wasn't a time when I felt my questions were ignored - he answered everything, even the most silly ones. And he was reachable, even on the weekend. His work is beautiful. I couldn't be happier and would recommend him and his practice in a heart beat. I had DIEP reconstruction.
Beaverton, OR – Feb 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sheldon Cober, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cober?