Dr. Shelden Martin, MD

Dr. Shelden Martin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, shoulder, elbow, and knee surgery. Are you currently limited by injury or pain? Do you want the best care but not have to wait weeks or months to be seen? Do you want a doctor to spend the time with you to sincerely listen to your story, concerns and expectations and then thoroughly explain the reason for your symptoms and the treatment options in a clearly understandable way? Do you want to share in the decision making regarding the best treatment for you, as opposed to being told what surgery you need? Do you want to always be seen by your doctor, as opposed to a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner? Then call my office today and experience the way elite orthopedic care should be. With my unique scheduling system, I provide same and next day appointments. I respect your time with prompt and thorough evaluations. I devote the necessary time to each of my patients to thoroughly listen and then together decide on the optimal, personalized and customized treatment for your needs and expectations. It is no wonder that the Arizona Rattlers, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Chicago White Sox trust me to take care of their players. Experience the way elite orthopedic care can and should be delivered. Call 602-631-3161 today, or visit my website at www.orthopedicarizona.com!

690 N Cofco Center Ct Ste 290

• Community Health Choice
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus

Learn about Dr. Martin

See how frequently Dr. Martin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders
Rotator Cuff Tear

Dr. Martin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Martin "I understand that whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior or a minimally active sedentary individual, you have unique circumstances, goals and expectations when faced with injury or pain.  These factors can only be thoroughly understood with careful attention and listening to you.  I always try to respect your time with prompt but thorough evaluations, and then discuss plainly all of your options in a way that is understandable.  I believe that the best outcomes result from shared decision making regarding the most personalized, customized treatment plan to return you to an active lifestyle."

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Heel Spur
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• La Salle University
  • Orthocarolina At Carolinas Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Martin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Martin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Martin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Martin to family and friends
Dr. Martin Says:

My team and I value your feedback.  It is ongoing patient feedback that allows us to continually improve upon our ability to provide you with premiere care and ensure your experience is an excellent one.  If you had a great experience, please tell a friend or family member.  Likewise, we value any suggestions on how we can improve our care to you.  Thank you...

Dr. Martin's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Martin replaced my left shoulder 8/17. After surgery I was pain free with minor discomfort. I attribute my condition to the superb abilities of Dr. Martin in during surgery. Furthermore, in 3 months (11/17) I had 93% of my arm rotation and was out of physical therapy. Again, I contribute my recovery to the abilities of Dr. Martin's surgery techniques.. .
in Phoenix, AZ |
A few months ago I ruptured my bicep muscle while waterskiing. This was a serious injury because my bicep completely separated at the elbow, causing the muscle to roll up into my shoulder like a window shade! I was referred to Dr. Shelden Martin by a friend and could not have been happier with his performance. He recognized the seriousness of my injury and performed the surgery within a few days. He is an excellent surgeon and I would gladly recommend him to others.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I really appreciated Dr. Martin's attention to details and explanation of procedures through out my treatment.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Great, positive bedside manner. Was very professional throughout. Good diagnosis, great job on the surgery and the scar is barely noticable.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I saw Dr. Martin after I tore my ACL. Based on my lifestyle and activities that I wanted to return to, he recommended surgery. He performed the surgery, no issues. Every follow up visit he answered all of my questions and seemed very knowledgeable. I sometimes have to wait a while to be seen, but that is to be expected for a specialist in demand. I highly recommend Dr. Martin to family and friends.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
I met Dr. Martin at the suggestion of my personal physician, Dr. Mark Anastasi. I was blown away by Dr. Martin's care and concern about my knee issues. He and his staff are totally professional, caring and understanding. They treat you as a person as well as the patient. Dr. Martin performed my surgery and directed my recovery therapy beyond what I had expected. Dr. Martin has become a valuable part of my medical team and someone who cares about me and my family.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He takes his work very seriously and expects you to follow his directions to the letter. Reason being you will heal much faster and properly.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
Dr M. diagnosed a swollen bursar in my elbow. He advised avoiding surgery, which is extraordinary, considering that he's a surgeon. He recommended icing, and an elbow bandage and the swelling subsided immediately, and now I'm back to full function. I'd recommend him to anyone, with full confidence. I also want to commend Maureen, who arranged an appointment for the day after my call. When I checked in, she had already obtained my list of meds from my pharmacy. That is service above and beyond.
in Peoria, AZ |
I had a real nice experience with Dr. Martin, his staff and the hospital. I experience no pain. I would recommend him to my friends and family
in Phoenix, AZ |
From the start, Dr. Martin was caring, listened and explained the procedure from start to finish. He was professional and friendly. I would recommend Dr. Martin highly. I went into surgery at ease and with complete confidence that Dr. Shelden Martin and his team would do an amazing Total Knee replacement, and he did. He gets an A+.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Martin has been excellent at trying to determine the cause of my knee pain. He is very knowledgeable and competent.
Phoenix, AZ |
Excellent doctor and very happy I chose him to do my shoulder/rotator cuff. Fairly extensive repairs to two tendons and a lot of debriding/trimming following a bicycle crash. All went very well and rehab was right on schedule. Now back to playing golf and very happy with Dr Martin and his expertise.
Phoenix, AZ |
Had partial knee replacement less than 3 weeks ago, almost back to normal. Doctor was/is fantastic! Have a scare, maybe 3-31/2, totally healed. Surgery started at 7a, I was home by 10:30a! If you're in need of knee replacement, Highly recommend Doctor Martin!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I found Dr. Martin to be one of the most professional doctors I have ever known. I was completely comfortable having Dr. Martin perform my shoulder replacement, and extremely happy with the results. It's been 3 months since my operation and I feel wonderful. Thank you Dr Martin!
Tempe, AZ |
You are in great hands with Dr. Martin. I will refer him to everyone! He is by far the best orthopedic surgeon I have been to and I have been seen a lot. He just did a Left Total Shoulder Replacement on me in January 2017 and in 2012 he did a right knee arthroscopic surgery. I came out of both of them with flying colors!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Martin and staff were very attentive and professional at every visit and even during phone conversations. My partial knee replacement surgery went as planned and my recovery plan was very accurate. I am very pleased with the level of service and will highly recommend him to anyone in need of this type of orthopedic care and treatment. Thank You.
in Tempe, AZ |
Very informative and approachable. Makes sure that you have all of the facts and open to answering all questions. I'd recommend family and friends to him!
in Chandler, AZ |
I had ACL reconstructive surgery June 30, 2016 performed by Dr. Martin. I experienced very little pain throughout the whole process and Dr. Martin and his assistant Robin were there for questions and support. They got me back onto the basketball court within 24 weeks and competitively in 28 weeks. He is a top notch surgeon in my book.
in Avondale,az |
Dr. Martin and staff were very attentive and helpful. He did an excellent job on my shoulder surgery and follow ups. Therapy was successful and am very pleased with the outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. Martin for any surgeries you might need. His nurse Robin was awesome. I really can't say enough about him. thanks , Pamela Boyle 2016
in Peoria, AZ |
I was referred to Dr Martin after an ATV wreck where I fractured my left arm. The repair involved shoulder surgery and a referral for 6 months of PT. I would say that I am at 90- 95% of what I was prior to the accident. My experience with Dr. Martin (as Robin) was completely positive. Dr. Martin has amazing skills, I've had very little pain during the whole process and I found I could always count on Robin to take action when I asked, always with a return call. I'd recommend them to anyone.
in Chandler, AZ |
He was direct and took care of my needs with great follow up and listening skills
in Tempe, AZ |
When I broke my collar bone, Dr. Martin was reassuring, told me exactly how he planned to treat it, and was readily available for follow-up appointments. His estimates for time to heal and have physical therapy were spot on.
in Chandler, AZ |
He explains everything well, he has a good bedside manner , Both my knee surgeries went great, my recovery went great and I am very happy with the out come. I have referred Dr. Martin to several friend and encourage them to seek his help soon, I would go back to him if I needed anymore help . He is a excellent doctor, friendly and his staff are great
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Martin was always very clear in explaining the expected and current progress of my healing from a fractured right arm. The office staff was always pleasant and helpful.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I recently had to have a shoulder procedure getting my rotator cuff and labrum repaired. I've had numerous surgeries in the past involving my knee and foot and choosing Dr. Martin was the best decision I've ever made. My shoulder feels like a million dollars and it doesn't even feel like it was ever injured considering I'm 38 years old. Dr. Martin and his staff are the best in the business and true professionals. If you want it done right the first time then you must see Dr. Martin!
in Mesa, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Martin by by physician assistant for a torn meniscus in my knee. I got an appointment the same day that I called! All my interactions with the staff were positive. Dr. Martin was professional, competent and did a great job. Even though the surgical center was out of network I was charged what my copay would have been if it had been in network. Appointments were fairly close to on time and I would definitely recommend Dr. Martin and use him again in the future.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Compassionate, explained what was going on with my knee and what I could expect in the future. Painted a picture of what was occurring and my future, with and without procedures.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I would never recommend this doctor. He was not personable at all or nor did he seem caring. He uses a pragmatic, numbers based approach to treating all his patients. Essentially the way he explained - its a numbers game. He did not do a good job at answering questions or explaining things he said. I was very disappointed considering all the favorable reviews.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I worked with Dr. Martin for almost two years before I was ready for shoulder replacement. I appreciated his conservatism. During my visits I never had the sense he was in a hurry; he patiently answered my many questions, explaining in detail, with reference to anatomical charts, what would be done - and afterward - what was done. I am thrilled with the outcome, although I will continue with physical therapy exercises to ensure a complete return to normal, to which I am already close.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Martin performed a full shoulder replacement for me 10 months ago. My recovery was very close to the timeline that he had described it should be. I am very pleased with the results and with his medical care. I would not hesitate to use him again or to recommend him to any friend for a similar procedure. He has a great patient attitude and superior surgical skills.
in Mesa, AZ |
After 8 months of shoulder pain, I was referred to Dr. Martin by a mutual friend. He sent me for some physical therapy to see if the problem could be fixed without surgery. After a few weeks with little improvement he ordered an MRI. Surgery was required to repair my shoulder. I am now pain free thanks to Dr. Martin. The office staff are very helpful and friendly. They all made the process easy for me all I had to do was show up. Thank you all so much.
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Injured my knee while spending the winter months in the Phoenix AZ area. Was able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Martin in just a few days. Office staff was very friendly and took care of all insurance issues. Dr. Martin was quite attentive and thorough with the examination. Ultimately arthroscopic knee surgery was required after attempting non invasive treatment. Surgery was successful relieving my pain. Would recommend Dr Martin to anyone needing Orthopedic treatment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Martin repaired and set an arm bone broken in three places and a dislocated wrist. I had excellent care and excellent results!
Have you seen Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Are you Dr. Martin?