Dr. Shelden L. Martin, MD

Dr. Shelden L. Martin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

OrthoArizona - Arizona Orthopedic Associates 690 N Cofco Center Ct Ste 290, Phoenix, AZ 85008 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I understand that whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior or a minimally active sedentary individual, you have unique circumstances, goals and expectations when faced with injury or pain. These factors can only be thoroughly understood with careful attention and listening to you. I always try to respect your time with prompt but thorough evaluations, and then discuss plainly all of your options in a way that is understandable. I believe that the best outcomes result from shared decision making regarding the most personalized, customized treatment plan to return you to an active lifestyle.Read more

Personal Bio

I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, shoulder, elbow, and knee surgery. Are you currently...Read more

Dr. Martin's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Martin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Martin

Dr. Martin accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Martin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Martin to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Martin
Dr. Martin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (56)
Dr. Shelden L. Martin, MD says

My team and I value your feedback.  It is ongoing patient feedback that allows us to continually improve upon our ability to provide you with premiere care and ensure your experience is an excellent one.  If you had a great experience, please tell a friend or family member.  Likewise, we value any suggestions on how we can improve our care to you.  Thank you for trusting my team and I at OrthoArizona to get you "back in the game."

in Chandler, AZ |
He explains everything well, he has a good bedside manner , Both my knee surgeries went great, my recovery went great and I am very happy with the out come. I have referred Dr. Martin to several friend and encourage them to seek his help soon, I would go back to him if I needed anymore help . He is a excellent doctor, friendly and his staff are great
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Martin was always very clear in explaining the expected and current progress of my healing from a fractured right arm. The office staff was always pleasant and helpful.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I recently had to have a shoulder procedure getting my rotator cuff and labrum repaired. I've had numerous surgeries in the past involving my knee and foot and choosing Dr. Martin was the best decision I've ever made. My shoulder feels like a million dollars and it doesn't even feel like it was ever injured considering I'm 38 years old. Dr. Martin and his staff are the best in the business and true professionals. If you want it done right the first time then you must see Dr. Martin!
in Mesa, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Martin by by physician assistant for a torn meniscus in my knee. I got an appointment the same day that I called! All my interactions with the staff were positive. Dr. Martin was professional, competent and did a great job. Even though the surgical center was out of network I was charged what my copay would have been if it had been in network. Appointments were fairly close to on time and I would definitely recommend Dr. Martin and use him again in the future.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Compassionate, explained what was going on with my knee and what I could expect in the future. Painted a picture of what was occurring and my future, with and without procedures.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I would never recommend this doctor. He was not personable at all or nor did he seem caring. He uses a pragmatic, numbers based approach to treating all his patients. Essentially the way he explained - its a numbers game. He did not do a good job at answering questions or explaining things he said. I was very disappointed considering all the favorable reviews.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I worked with Dr. Martin for almost two years before I was ready for shoulder replacement. I appreciated his conservatism. During my visits I never had the sense he was in a hurry; he patiently answered my many questions, explaining in detail, with reference to anatomical charts, what would be done - and afterward - what was done. I am thrilled with the outcome, although I will continue with physical therapy exercises to ensure a complete return to normal, to which I am already close.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Martin performed a full shoulder replacement for me 10 months ago. My recovery was very close to the timeline that he had described it should be. I am very pleased with the results and with his medical care. I would not hesitate to use him again or to recommend him to any friend for a similar procedure. He has a great patient attitude and superior surgical skills.
in Mesa, AZ |
After 8 months of shoulder pain, I was referred to Dr. Martin by a mutual friend. He sent me for some physical therapy to see if the problem could be fixed without surgery. After a few weeks with little improvement he ordered an MRI. Surgery was required to repair my shoulder. I am now pain free thanks to Dr. Martin. The office staff are very helpful and friendly. They all made the process easy for me all I had to do was show up. Thank you all so much.
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Injured my knee while spending the winter months in the Phoenix AZ area. Was able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Martin in just a few days. Office staff was very friendly and took care of all insurance issues. Dr. Martin was quite attentive and thorough with the examination. Ultimately arthroscopic knee surgery was required after attempting non invasive treatment. Surgery was successful relieving my pain. Would recommend Dr Martin to anyone needing Orthopedic treatment.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Martin repaired and set an arm bone broken in three places and a dislocated wrist. I had excellent care and excellent results!
Have you seen Dr. Shelden L. Martin, MD?

Compare Dr. Martin

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

Why It Matters: Dr. Martin's Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

Dr. Martin says..

I not only take care of general orthopedic problems, but I have undergone advanced subspecialty fellowship training and have devoted my career to taking care of patients with problems affecting the shoulder, elbow and knee.  I also specialize in taking care of all athletic injuries, and I am currently the Head Team Physician for the 3-time World Champion Arizona Rattlers Arena Football Team.  I am also a Team Physician for the Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball team, the Chicago White Sox Major League Baseball team during spring training, and multiple other high school and club athletic teams.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendonitis

Dr. Martin says..

I have trained and devoted my career to providing the most advanced, cutting-edge non-surgical and surgical treatments for athletic injuries and conditions affecting the shoulder, elbow and knee.  I specialize in not only simple, straightforward problems, but also in the most complicated conditions affecting patients for which other orthopedic surgeons refer to me.  I perform all minimally invasive arthroscopic surgeries as well as complex open surgeries.  Utilizing the most advanced techniques, I am one of few surgeons to offer out-patient shoulder and knee replacement surgery to my patients.  Likewise, I am the first surgeon in Arizona to use advanced, patient-specific reverse shoulder replacement technology.  Also, as a member of the shoulder implant design team, I contribute to advancing technology and educating other surgeons about the newest technologies and techniques available.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendon Rupture Repair
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Georgetown University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

• Other Education
    Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1999

Dr. Martin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Martin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Martin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Martin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Martin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Martin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Martin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Martin says...

I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, shoulder, elbow, and knee surgery.  Are you currently limited by injury or pain?  Do you want the best care but not have to wait weeks or months to be seen?  Do you want a doctor to spend the time with you to sincerely listen to your story, concerns and expectations and then thoroughly explain the reason for your symptoms and the treatment options in a clearly understandable way?  Do you want to share in the decision making regarding the best treatment for you, as opposed to being told what surgery you need?  Do you want to always be seen by your doctor, as opposed to a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner?

Then call my office today and experience the way elite orthopedic care should be.  With my unique scheduling system, I provide same and next day appointments.  I respect your time with prompt and thorough evaluations.  I devote the necessary time to each of my patients to thoroughly listen and then together decide on the optimal, personalized and customized treatment for your needs and expectations.  It is no wonder that the Arizona Rattlers, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Chicago White Sox trust me to take care of their players.  Experience the way elite orthopedic care can and should be delivered.  Call 602-631-3161 today, or visit my website at www.orthopedicarizona.com!

Dr. Martin's Care Philosophy

I understand that whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior or a minimally active sedentary individual, you have unique circumstances, goals and expectations when faced with injury or pain.  These factors can only be thoroughly understood with careful attention and listening to you.  I always try to respect your time with prompt but thorough evaluations, and then discuss plainly all of your options in a way that is understandable.  I believe that the best outcomes result from shared decision making regarding the most personalized, customized treatment plan to return you to an active lifestyle.