Dr. Shelden Martin, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 47

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Shelden Martin, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Martin has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 2004. He is affiliated with Honorhealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Shelden Martin, MD

OrthoArizona

8405 N Pima Center Pkwy Ste 101 Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Martin with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Martin

4.5

My 81 year old mother fell in Oct 2022 breaking her right shoulder and left knee. Her injury was severe. We were referred to OrthoAz Dr. Sheldon Martin. He seemed knowledgeable and confident about repairing her injuries. The problem is his follow through is non existent. His assistant says he doesn’t need to follow through. He just writes the orders. Ok so it’s up to family members to make sure that their family is getting appropriate care?!?! Fortunately I’m a RN and an advocate for my patients and most certainly my mother! Because there is no correspondence between staff, physical therapy and home health my mother is now 2 months further out on her care! Two months LONGER in splints and immobilizer!! It’s a circus there. Dr. Martin is only as good as his staff , follow through and communications. Passing the buck and blame is beyond unprofessional and irresponsible. After this nightmare is over, I would never return to Ortho Az. And I highly recommend others to look for a surgeon who has his finger on the pulse of his practice.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Kari Hall – Feb 03, 2023
Office visit for shoulder
Dr. Martin was an hour and 5 minutes late for my 4pm appointment. He came in introduced himself and examined me in less then 5 minutes. He did not ask me any questions or allow me to talk about my symptoms or previous treatments, he dismissed them as "not real" treatments when I was able to communicate that I was in Physical Therapy. He only mentioned what he thought it was and walked out. I had to ask him to repeat what he said because he was unclear when he told me his diagnoses. He treated me like I was a fast food item that needed to get out before it got cold. He was unprofessional and rude to me. I will not return.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Nov 09, 2022
Refuse to See Again
First visit for an injury, Dr. Martin didn't spend even 5 minutes in the room, after being 45 minutes late for my appointment. Didn't listen nor allow questions. No examinations other than TWO pokes where it hurt. I have NEVER been treated so poorly by a physician. Would NEVER recommend this individual. I personally worked in orthopedics during my career and this was totally unacceptable care. Refused to go back. Requested transfer of care and saw Dr. Matthew Hansen who was very caring, compassionate and treated the injury as expected.
Patty H – Sep 22, 2022
I'll be in the minority
But I will never see this guy again. Unfortunately, stating fact is getting flagged by the system. He didn't listen to me. He didn't care about my situation. But the biggest kicker is he flat out told me my MRI "showed nothing." At my 2nd opinion with a different doc, we discussed the THREE issues with my shoulder using the exact same images.
Chris B – Sep 15, 2022
Great!
Very professional, knowledgable and good communication. I'm a retired Doc myself and appreciated his seeing me and giving me his advice.
Dr. Hladik – Aug 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Worst orthopedic experience ever.
I cannot recommend Dr. Shelden Martin. He started off right away by interrupting my questions more than once, as well as dismissing me while waving his hand, when I wanted to show him an MRI screenshot on my phone. He didn’t even want to look at my phone. Then, in a very frustrated and curt tone of voice he told me how bad MRI techs are in describing those images. And what a colossal waste of his time it is to have to explain this fact over and over again to his patients. This incredibly rude and clearly ego-filled behaving doctor made it clear to me that X-rays were the ONLY way to ascertain a fracture. In my case 2 sets of X-rays (6 weeks apart) showing no fracture, even though the MRI tech concluded a fracture in an image and wrote this in the assessment. Dr. Shelden Martin clearly had no interest whatsoever in believing in anything but X-rays, full stop. He then practically pushed us out of his office. I’m supposed to see him again in 1 month. Well, that’s not happening.
Aug 05, 2022
Excellent patient services.
Robert Urian – Apr 27, 2022
Knee pain
Very friendly and helpful Dr. and staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Dr. Martin explained all my concerns and treatments if necessary.
Henry – Apr 09, 2022
Great Service
Great Service
Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Excellent Dr. And surgen.
Mar 22, 2022
Thanks
Dr Martin was direct and explained everything clearly.
Mar 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
I saw Dr Martin re: my 1 year follow up to my shoulder replacement. It was very successful. Good result.
Martin Stepzinski – Feb 15, 2022
Excellent
Dr. Martin very nice manner. Does a great job in explaining everything. Whole ortho az staff very well run.
Keith – Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Dr. Visit was very quick I actually waited longer for him to see me. I didn’t get to explain my pain level and discomfort. Dr. Martin was in a hurry probably he didn’t stay longer to explain my MRI and listen to me, he just told me what I had, I don’t even remember the things he talked about it was so quick. I picked Dr. Martin because according to reviews he listen’s to his patient but it was total opposite in my case. I am disappointed.
Haider zafar – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Would definitely recommend Dr Martin to others.
Jan 15, 2022
Great Doctor!
Dec 30, 2021
Absolutely recommend.
Peggy Davis – Dec 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Left msg to schedule appt but after several hours gave up waiting for call back I drove to the office and was able to get an appt. About an hour later they called and was able to fit me in that same day. Very satisfied with Dr’s diagnosis.
Dec 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
Dr Martin was clearly disinterested in helping me. After waiting nearly 1.5 hours, he spent less than 3 minutes with me, did not give me the opportunity to ask questions or express concerns. A visit summary, "reach up. reach out. reach back. Yes, it's frozen shoulder, I'm going to give you a shot, prescription, and referal to OrthaArizona's PT" and he walked out. A nurse came in and setup the accessories for the shot, it was another 10-15 minutes before I heard a nurse tell Dr Martin that "the patient" is waiting, to which he replied, "what patient?" When he did return, without a word he prepped my shoulder, jabbed me with the needle, moved my arm around, then left with a "you're all set." Overall, my visit to OrthoArizona was almost 2 hours of which less than 5 minutes was spent with a doctor who had zero interest in me, or my concerns, and who made me feel like I was an imposition in his day. Additionally, I heard a similarly curt & cold conversation with the patient next door.
Dec 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?
I want to thank Dr. Martin and his staff for getting back to me so quickly and taking care of my swollen knee problem. The professionalism and kindness during my treatment ~ let me know how wonderful and blessed I am to have them as part of my team during my recovery. Thank you Dr. Martin & team - I hope y’all have a wonderful holiday season and God bless you all in the New Year !! Brian Lee Donarski
Donarski – Dec 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelden Martin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Martin?