Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Dagam

Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Greenfield, WI and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences in 1994 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Dagam accepts

Dr. Dagam accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
CorVel
Worker's Compensation WC
Integrated Health Plan (IHP) PPO
WEA Trust

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Dagam's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hydrocephalus, Adult
  • Hydrocephalus, Child
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Obstructive Hydrocephalus
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Dagam treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tumor Resection

For me, skill is only part of the equation. In my practice, patients are the entire focus. They deserve my commitment to their needs and outcomes. And they deserve compassion. In fact, compassion is what drives me to offer the kind of individualized, comprehensive and advanced care I would want for my own family members.

• Neurosurgery

4.3

Dr. Dagam?
Dr. Dagam's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD
After sustaining a neck injury in an automobile accident I went through physical therapy took different medications to eliminate the pain to no avail. My Neurologist ordered an MRI and after review recommended surgery, however, mentioned the potential risks and rewards. Dr. Dagam was highly recommended not only by my Neurologist, but 2 other Physicians I visit regularly. I was convinced after my 1st consult with Dr. Dagam that if I do decide to go forward with surgery he would be the Surgeon to perform it. His approach in explaining the procedure was very pragmatic, void of any pressure or urgency, leaving me to make an informed decision. I also learned that severe shoulder pain I was experiencing, as intense as a previous torn rotator cuff, was most likely from my neck. Waking up from my 5+ hour procedure my shoulder was pain free and my recovery from the very complex surgery was in a fraction of the time he warned me it could be. I'm convinced Dr. Dagam is an extraordinary Surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. and his staff are most helpful. Everyone is outstanding. Dr. explains everything in laymans terms. I would recommend him to anyone. Excellent !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
After a very compacted surgey & years of pain meds not from Dr Dagam. Iam finally off the pain pills & can just say. Thank You DR DAGAM David W Ulbrich Sr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Very experienced in Neurosurgery. Dr. Dagam was the 2nd surgeon that I interviewed for my spine issues (losing feeling in, and the use of my legs due to Lumbar stenosis). Interviewed an Orthopedic surgeon initially but did not believe that I needed his recommended Laminectomy PLUS fusion (L3-S1). I interviewed one final neurosurgeon after Dr. Dagam to compare notes. Dr. Dagam was my pick. professional, knowledgable, experienced. 2 1/2 hr surg., 3 day hospital stay, back to work in 8 weeks! ????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam performed two different surgeries for me this last Fall. He spent time with my husband and myself, patiently explaining both procedures beforehand. Both Dr. Dagam and his staff were exceptionally personable and concerned for my successful recovery. I would highly recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam did a great job on my back surgery. When I was in the recovery room, I knew right away the pain was gone! Dr. Dagam listens to your concerns and discusses all your options to you. I truly would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Very happy with my surgery outcome! He listened to my concerns regarding pain medications and associated nausea.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam gave me my mobility back. After an earlier surgery on my spine that did not do too well with another surgeon, I was skeptical about another surgery which I needed. Dr. Dagam eased my fears and proceeded to perform a flawless surgery from which I am recovering well. His professionalism and manner has impressed me and always keeps me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Dagam and his staff to anyone and everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam gave me my life back. Before surgery I was not able to drive, walk, or function. I cannot praise the doctor's surgical skills enough. Follow-ups in the waiting room may leave you time to start writing that book you have in you though.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
I wish wait time in room could be a little less, But love the care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr Dagam is the rare Doctor who has not only superior skills, but also a caring, patient-focused approach to treatment. I have had two surgeries with Dr. Dagam, both with excellent outcomes. I would recommend him to all who seek quality care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr Dagam is a great surgeon with top notch skills. My surgery went smoothly with great results. His staff is very friendly and fun!. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam did my back surgery in September of 2017 . Dr. Dagam is very thorough, professional, yet very caring. I would recommend going to him, and you will see my review is very accurate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
have had a great experience with his staff. They were great to work with. I felt they really listened to what I had to say and then took care of my problems. Even after my surgery, I still can call for advice and they get back to me right away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
I met Dr. Dagam re: back pain with numbness & tingling. One of the things I liked best about him was he did not try to rush me into surgery & recommended less invasive procedures until I was sure I was ready. I would recommend him highly. The surgery was very successful & my symptoms have disappeared. In addition to his skill, he is also a very kind & caring person making me always feel as though I am his #1 priority. I'm grateful to him & his staff for helping me get back to my normal lifestyl.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
Dr. Dagam was one the best doctors I have ever been under the care of. He took time to explain my medical needs making me satisfied with the medical plan we decided on. His bedside manor made me comfortable and confident in his ability. I was very satisfied with my experience. It should also be mentioned that the physician assistants working with him were equally great. The only downfall was the wait time, but I felt the reason was he took time with each patient so it was worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
I was told exactly what was going to happen with my surgery before and after. I was even given a ride from Milwaukee to Horicon for my surgery. The staff at the surgery suite were very courteous and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
After suffering from back pain for 25 years I hit a level of that could not be delt with...I r after researching neurosurgeons and visiting three other ones I decided on Dr dagam, he was able to give me the confidence to go through with the surgery.one year and six months later I'm almost pain free and very happy with my new life...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
At my first appointment accompanied by another person to be an extra "pair of ears" for me, we both were very impressed with the time and patience that Dr. Dagam took in listening to me and explaining what he could do for my stenosis. I felt that I was putting myself into very competent hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shekhar Dagam, MD?
I cant begin to say enough GREAT things about Dr. Dagam and his staff. From my first consultation I was treated with compassion and professionalism. I was desperate for a solution to my nerve pain due to a pinched nerve and after my surgery I feel like I was given a second chance at life! I am forever grateful to Dr.Dagam and his staff and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone ! Pete Daczka
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dagam?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dagam treats patients.