Dr. Shefali Shah, MD

Dr. Shefali Shah, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Female

Evergreen Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery 728 E Park Ave, Long Beach, NY 11561 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I specialize in nasal problems such as sinus disease and have given local and national lectures on the topic. I perform balloon sinuplasty, a safe and effective procedure for sinus sufferers that can eliminate the need for medicines and surgery. I believe in putting the patient first. When I care for E.N.T. issues, I try to utilize natural methodologies first when appropriate.Read more

Dr. Shah's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah's Review Details
4.4 based on 52 responses
Experience with Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
in Oceanside, NY |
Simply the best. She is warm, caring, intelligent and just a wonderful person. Wish all my doctors were like her. The front staff is responsive and attentive.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
Fantastic experience. She took care of my sinus infection and explained things to me in detail
in Garden City |
Amazing doctor! She is both caring and smart. Her staff really goes the extra mile too.
Huntington Station, NY |
More interested in money than caring for the patient, front desk was pathetic and rude! Yes rude. Never seen a doctor who talks money prior to attending to the patient. I will not recommend her to anyone.
Roslyn Heights, NY |
Knowledgeable,friendly, and very professional. Dr. Shah took her time and listened to my issues, and then helped me significantly.
in Forest Hills, NY |
Dr. Shah is fantastic and her staff is warm and accommodating. She spends time listening and explaining her diagnosis. I would highly recommend her.
in Lynbrook, NY |
I saw Dr Shah recently for my sinus problem. I had seen E.N.T. doctors before seeing her without relief. The office staff was very pleasant ,waiting time was minimal and care received was excellent . She is very professional caring and compassionate. She explained my problem in detail. She laid out a plan of treatment. Overall it was an excellent experience for me. I would recommend her very highly.
in Long Beach, NY |
I saw Dr. Shah for the first time today. She is great! She was very nice and really helped me with my ear problem. She also told me how I can avoid the same problem in the future since it's a problem I have frequently from spending a lot of time in the ocean. Her staff was very accommodating with appointment times and they really helped me out with all my insurance questions since I wasn't really familiar with my new insurance plan. I would definitely recommend the office to my family & friends.
in Copiague, NY |
I had such a great experience with this doctor. The staff reached out to me before I even went in to let me know about my coverage for the visit which I thought was so kind. I cant tell you how many doctors have billed me and never told me about how much money I would have to pay. They made sure there were no surprises at all. When I met the doctor, she was so sweet and she really knows her stuff. She explained my problem perfectly and helped to get rid of the pain I had. She's a great doctor!!!
Dr. Shah was really sweet and patient. I know I talk a lot, but I have been suffering with hearing loss for a long time and I really wanted to express my concerns and she made sure to hear me out and never made me feel rushed. She has been working with me for a while now and I have to say my everyday life has gotten better with her treatments and care. Her staff has always been able to accommodate me and are the sweetest people. I am so grateful to all of them!
in Garden City, NY |
Wonderful, caring! The staff is attentive and Dr. Shah takes the time to really listen and explain things. Would highly recommend to all!
in Garden City, NY |
staff doesn't want to work, patients are an inconvenience.
in Carle Place, NY |
Couldn't tell you about the dr, but the front desk doesn't care about patients.
in Long Beach, NY |
I have been using Dr. Shah for several years now. I have brought my mother-in-law, who is 100 years old, my sister-in-law and now my husband uses her too. We have found that whatever ou. r problem may be she is right on target and doesn't make a big deal over things. The office staff is always pleasant and accommodating. Also, she spends as much time as is needed with you--never rushes you in and out like a number of doctors do today.
in Long Beach, NY |
Dr. Shah has always provided me with excellent care. She's warm and friendly and very conscientious and thorough in her treatment and with her advice. I certainly would recommend her to my friends.
in Levittown, NY |
Dr. Shah and her staff are amazing! I have been suffering with throat pain for several months. It can be difficult to find a physician who is extremely intelligent and who had a great bedside manner. Dr. Shah encompasses both of these qualities. The office was extremely clean and the staff really went above and beyond to help me resolve some insurance issues. I would absolutely recommend this office to my family, friends and colleagues!
in Rockaway Park, NY |
She is very knowledgeable, caring and cleared my 54year sinus issues in 2 visits..
in Long Beach, NY |
I saw Dr. Shah after suffering with sinus issues for years with no relief. She was so kind and took her time to help explain to me what exactly was wrong. I like the holistic approach that Dr. Shah took in addition to prescription medication. Most doctors are so quick to just give you a pill and send you on your way but not Dr. Shah! She was so smart and helpful and her staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming when I came in. I can't wait to see her again and recommend her to all my friends!
in Long Beach, NY |
I first went to Dr. Shah for severely dry (like the Sahara) nasal passages that were bleeding profusely. She calmed me about the bleeds, explaining what causes them and how to control them. She then explained how we should proceed with treatment, which was non evasive, which I like. She has put me at total rest that this will get better with time, a marathon not a race. Dr. Shah has answered every question directly. I feel extremely confident and at ease in her hands. Simply a terrific doctor.
in Valhalla, NY |
Dr. Shah was really amazing. She spent a lot of time with me & my aging Dad talking to me about his condition and how the medicine she prescribed would work. Since my Dad is elderly, I only wanted surgery as a LAST RESORT, & Dr. Shah was very sensitive to that. Rare that you find a surgeon who is willing to see you even if you don't want an operation!! Since I also have kids, she was also kind in accommodating appointment times around my children's schedules. Would give 10 stars if I could!!!!!
in East Hampton, NY |
I have struggled for many years and seen other doctors with sinus problems and sore throats. The associated fluid in my ears caused me serious problems and pain when I flew in an airplane. Dr. Shah was recommended by someone who felt Dr. Shah was the best ENT on Long Island. Dr. Shah put me on a regimen to naturally reduce the problem and gave me a protocol of actions to take before/during flight so I no longer have to worry when I fly for business. I will be forever grateful.
in Long Beach, NY |
Great care! Have been to 5 other ENT's and NONE were able to figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Shah took the time to fully explain my sinus problem and I feel so much better. She is the ONLY ENT to goto and it's so great that she has an office in Long Beach and Garden City!
in Rockville Centre, NY |
One of the worst experience. She lacks knowledge, her staff is rude and really obnoxious like her. I myself as a doctor went to her clinic and what a rude behavior she even doesn?t follow the Hippocratic Oath. She bills you for the services never performed and patient gets big deductibles and copays, in the end you will not get treated and being served with a bill for the services never performed. I personally as a doctor will warn patients of a great talk but no walk. I hope I can save some pat
Have you seen Dr. Shefali Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shefali Shah, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Shah

• Ear Infection
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Tonsillitis
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Foreign Body Removal
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for New York.

Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine

Princeton U

Graduated in 1994

• America's Top Physicians, 2010
    • Patient's Choice Award, 2008, 2009

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shah

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shah's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shah

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Shah's Care Philosophy