Dr. Sheela Lohiya, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Grandview Medical Group-Endocrinology 3686 Grandview Pkwy Ste 800 Birmingham, AL 35243 Get Directions
Dr. Sheela Lohiya, MD
Dr. Sheela Lohiya, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. She is 34 years old. Dr. Lohiya is affiliated with Grandview Medical Center.

Dr. Lohiya's Experience

See how Dr. Lohiya's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lohiya

Dr. Lohiya accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Lohiya is now accepting new patients
Grandview Medical Group-Endocrinology3686 Grandview Pkwy Ste 800
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205) 971-2450Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lohiya has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lohiya's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lohiya to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Lohiya's Performance
Cullman, AL |
Excellent endocrinologist, typically no wait time. Expert medical attention especially in regards to thyroid and diabetes. Would highly recommend her to any of my family or friends.
in Gadsden, AL |
Dr. Lohiya was absolutely amazing and was a breath of fresh air. My husband and I were impressed with how much she truly cared about my well being. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is awesome.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Lohiya is excellent...friendly, terrific bedside manner, thorough and wants her patients to ask questions. I don't feel rushed when I see her, and I've left the office feeling as if I've gotten the care I need.
in Pell City, AL |
Dr. Lohiya is AMAZING!!! She talked with me like a person and not just a patient. Very knowledgeable!! Very sweet !!
in Northport, Al |
I saw Dr. Lohiya for the first time yesterday & I loved her. She is so nice & pretty. She took time to listen & explained the steps we would be taking to figure out what is going on with me. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
I love Dr. Lohiya she is so pretty and she listens to my issues and can sum them up and get me in and out in a timely fashion I love her !
in Birmingham, AL |
She listens to my problems and is never in a hurry even if it is more than 30 mins. Answered all my questions. She seemed knowledgeable and caring. She promptly called my lab results the very next day. I have seen many endocrinologist in the past but by far she is the best I have come across.
Atlanta, GA |
She takes time to listen to my specific problems and address them accordingly. My mother sees her for thyroid and is equally pleased.
Appreciate this, thank you.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr Lohiya and her office staff are terrible. I was hoping for a good experience because of the reviews on this site but Lohiya was short with me, never called in my insulin prescription and didn't even look at the logbook I had been keeping for. It's impossible to talk to the doctor after an appointment and the nurses will just say "sorry" and hang up on you. She tried to fit me, a new patient, into a 15 minute slot and tried to end the appointment without answering any of my questions.
Hi, I do not recall being short with you. I am always ready to listen to my patients. If you would like to reconsider and see me again, I would be happy to do so. Also, I did call in your prescription the following day. Hope you have a good week!
in New York, NY |
Care, concern -- how well your medications are working -- makes medication changes when needed. She is young -- but everyone was young once upon a time! Staff is hard to communicate with -- also they seldom to never answer calls.
Sorry to hear this. We do have new staff since you have been here so hopefully that issue will be resolved. Please let me know if there is anything else that concerns you during your next appt with me, thanks!
Have you seen Dr. Sheela Lohiya, MD?

Compare Dr. Lohiya

Dr. Lohiya's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Lohiya has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lohiya's Board Certifications

Baptist Health Systems Montclair & Princeton

Completed in 2013

University Of Alabama At Birmingham

Completed in 2015

Dr. Lohiya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lohiya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism