Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD

Integrative Medicine •  Female • Age 43

Dr. Purcell

PurcellMDical

3025 Limited Ln Nw Olympia, WA 98502

Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD is an integrative medicine specialist in Olympia, WA. She specializes in integrative medicine, dietary management, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Alternative Care in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Purcell accepts

Dr. Purcell accepts the following insurance:

Blue Card
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
ODS Health Plan
Premera Blue Cross
The Great-West Life Assurance Company

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Purcell treats your condition or procedure

• Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Purcell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Purcell

Dr. Purcell?
Dr. Purcell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD
Something very weird about how quickly she left Capital Physicians. All of the sudden she was scrambling for a new office. No honesty or reason given to her patients about the separation. She gave instructions on how to have medical records transferred. I did that. Can’t get a phone call or email back. Can’t get prescriptions refilled. Absolutely derelict in leaving patients hanging. The office staff at her new location are have no medical experience. She is seeing patients in offices with no medical set up. No charts, probably no medical information system on her computers so no way to access my medical records. NOW she is not billing insurance either (again no medical computer interface). Worst part is she thinks her pts are stupid, promoting it as Super Billing. Hahaha! Really? Super Billing is YOU pay Dr Purcell cash & send in all your own bills and hope that you get reimbursed. Oh, so we’re going back to 1990’s? That’s what Super Billing is?
Pebbles98501 in Olympia, WA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
She knows her stuff. She is direct and though she talks fast has so much information to share. Amazing!!!!
Rita in Olympia , WA – May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Since she moved out of Capital Medical Center she has rude people working for her. I put up with Dr. Purcell’s drill sargent attitude because I liked all the people that worked with her before, but now, no way would I put up with her arrogance. They can’t even answer the simplest questions, and have no idea where my records are. She’s extremely knowledgeable about weight loss, it’s just too bad all the other parts of her business went downhill.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
good discussion and provides a quality briefing of personal health status a long with in depth look at other necessary measurements.
Lorenzo A. – Dec 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Purcell for just over a year. In that year I have lost 65 pounds and lowered my A1-C. I have felt very supported by Dr Purcell and her staff of nutritionists, nurses and receptions. I am so glad my primary care doctor referred me to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center!
B. M. – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
listens, results, no other doctor could get me healthy and off meds! i'm now 60lbs down! She is a genius
Jon R. – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I've been to several doctors to treat my type II diabetes over the past 10 years and Dr, Purcell is the only one that has helped me achieve success. My A1C has gone down 2.5 points in 6 months. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and listens to your personal needs. I feel very fortunate to have her as my doctor.
Anonymous – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was referred to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center in 2016, my diabetes was out of control, I was taking numerous medications and insulin shots, depressed, sick and weighed 252 lbs. Dr Purcell's knowledge, experience and individual hands on care, directed me to where I am today. I have control of my Diabetes, do not take insulin shots daily any more, my moods and depression has ceased, and I feel great. The staff is friendly and they care about their patients.
C. R. – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I had given up on ever getting healthy. I was 52 years old and dying of hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Through a series of events I ended up with Dr. Purcell and her staff treating me. She grabbed my hands, looked me straight in the eye and said- "Rick, we can beat this, you are going to get healthy!" I didn't believer her at first, but now I have lost over 61 pounds, my A1C is coming down and I have hope again. I'm going to live to see my grand kids! I am so grateful to Dr. Purcell!
Rick M. – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr Purcell is great always educating me on my weight loss journey fixing me to set myself up for a life healthy mind set and to live life. I also have to say the Staff is wonderful and always helpful. I would recommend all my friends and family to her. Jessica
Jessica T. – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have learned how to eat and fill full and control my eating.. Thank you
Anonymous A. – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When i first started I was out of shape no energy for a long time, now I am feeling great full of energy got my life ambition back and living life. I am 51 yrs. old bur i do feel like i am a 25 yr. old kid again all thanks to Dr. Purcell and the amazing staff at CDWLC. Thank You, LeRoy Turner
Leroy T. – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I can't explain how healthy I feel. I have not felt this good and energetic for 20 years. The ability Dr.Purcell has to hone in on what my body needed to start burning fat is amazing to me. I am a medical professional and in spite of all my knowledge I struggled endlessly with weight loss. However, the support from the medicines, helped my body respond in a way I couldn't get it to do with just diet. I am happy with the eating plan and do not miss the carbs I so frequently indulged in!
Willie B. – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When first introduced to Dr. Purcell I was overweight and suffering with Type II diabetes. My previous physicians were excellent, but failed to trigger my motivation to undertake important changes. Not so with Dr. Purcell - she was extremely clear in explaining my medical issues and very, very comprehensive in her ongoing assessment of my body chemistry. She did in fact motivate me to lose weight and control my blood sugar, as well as other factors that impinge on my h...
S. S. – Oct 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was sick and felt like I was dying at 41 years old when I came to see Dr. Purcell, just eight months ago. Since then I have lost over 100 pounds and have completely turned my life around. I feel 100% better in all aspects of my life. This is the first time in my life I haven't been hungry. Seeing results like this and feeling like I have my life back just motivates me further! I cannot begin to thank Dr. Purcell and her staff for helping to save my life!
Andrea D. – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is very knowledgable. She is a fast talker but makes sure that you are keeping up with all she has to say. she is very energetic and motivating. she has a great attitude. I enjoy my appointments with her, I think they are vital for my weight loss journey.
D. C. – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is a miracle worker. I have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. In 2009 I had my back fused which made me weight go higher. I was getting back injections every three months and I had to give up most of the fun things in life. 7 months after seeing her, I am down 48 pounds. I haven't had a back injection in a year, I am hiking, swimming, riding bikes- everything I love but had given up due to my weight and back pain. I can't say enough how much ...
Rebecca E. – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
The first step is the hardest...but you know that because you've tried everything before finding Dr. Purcell. Knowledge is power and it's a great feeling knowing the past failures were NOT caused by lack of willpower or motivation..there is a chemical reason!! I'll never regret the knowledge I've gained and the way I feel after becoming a patient of Dr. Purcell's. I'm down 70+ lbs..and continuing toward my goal... I can't wait to see where I end!
J. R. – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I finally made the decision to seek out support this year after having gestational diabetes 4 times, having pre-diabetic A1C numbers, and watching my father go through a kidney transplant due to diabetes. I'm so thankful I was connected with the Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center. I have learned a ton changed my eating habits, and as a result, changed my life. I'm feeling (and looking) so much better and am no longer pre-diabetic. Can't thank Dr Purcell and her team enough!
S. A. – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I cant say enough about Dr. Purcell, Thank you so much! Moving from NY and only being on Trulicity, which help get me from 230 to 187. But Dr. Purcell in a short 7 mths, knew the right key to active to get me even lower which is now 156 and more active and feeling great. She has been the best thing that has happened to me since being in WA.
V. H. – Oct 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Purcell?

Dr. Shawna Purcell is an Internist and Dietitian serving the Olympia area for more than 5 years. Dr. Purcell is experienced in Continuous Glucose Monitoring , Body Composition (fat/muscle percentages) and Metabolic Medicine (weight loss). She is a pr...

• Integrative Medicine