Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD

Internal MedicineFemaleAge 46

Internal Medicine

Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Olympia, WA and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Minnesota, MD in 2006. She is affiliated with Providence St. Peter Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD

Shawna Purcell, MD - Capital Diabetes and Weight Loss

3920 Capital Mall Dr SW Ste 100A Olympia, WA 98502

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Purcell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Purcell's conditions and procedures:

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling

Search for your insurance carrier and choose your plan type

Dr. Purcell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Purcell

4.5

Terrible care
They promise to help but don’t. They were quick to call when I reached out to start a plan and pay. Now, Texts go unanswered. They don’t follow through with med prescriptions or prior authorizations. For weeks/months. They talk a good talk but don’t walk the walk. It’s actually pretty scary when your labs are dangerously elevated and you’re made to sit and wait and then nothing is done medically, as promised. I would never recommend this clinic. It’s a joke. They don’t care about patient care. It’s all about the dollar sign. Wish I had read the reviews before I signed up for help.
  • I didn't feel respected
Aug 11, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Disorganized. Pushy. Billing issues. Poor communication. Poor/no follow up. Do yourself a favor and choose a different provider! This place is a nightmare.
Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I truly appreciate the effort that is made by Dr. Purcell. However she has little understanding that not every body can do the Keto diet her choice to help you loose weight. Which I might add didn't work for me . Leaving me feeling sluggish and icky all the time although I had an original weight loss then a steady gain putting me into deeper depression then ever because I was really trying. Do to her expectations and little room for any other approach I feel like I have now lost all hope in my life long journey. I do feel her staff are much stuffier than when she was at her other building. I feel like I can't even go back and be seen again for the criticism I will suffer. Oh and make sure you find out all cost up front because you may be surprised with you bill.
Deeply Sad – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Something very weird about how quickly she left Capital Physicians. All of the sudden she was scrambling for a new office. No honesty or reason given to her patients about the separation. She gave instructions on how to have medical records transferred. I did that. Can’t get a phone call or email back. Can’t get prescriptions refilled. Absolutely derelict in leaving patients hanging. The office staff at her new location are have no medical experience. She is seeing patients in offices with no medical set up. No charts, probably no medical information system on her computers so no way to access my medical records. NOW she is not billing insurance either (again no medical computer interface). Worst part is she thinks her pts are stupid, promoting it as Super Billing. Hahaha! Really? Super Billing is YOU pay Dr Purcell cash & send in all your own bills and hope that you get reimbursed. Oh, so we’re going back to 1990’s? That’s what Super Billing is?
Pebbles98501 in Olympia, WA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
She knows her stuff. She is direct and though she talks fast has so much information to share. Amazing!!!!
Rita in Olympia , WA – May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Since she moved out of Capital Medical Center she has rude people working for her. I put up with Dr. Purcell’s drill sargent attitude because I liked all the people that worked with her before, but now, no way would I put up with her arrogance. They can’t even answer the simplest questions, and have no idea where my records are. She’s extremely knowledgeable about weight loss, it’s just too bad all the other parts of her business went downhill.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
good discussion and provides a quality briefing of personal health status a long with in depth look at other necessary measurements.
Lorenzo A. – Dec 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Purcell for just over a year. In that year I have lost 65 pounds and lowered my A1-C. I have felt very supported by Dr Purcell and her staff of nutritionists, nurses and receptions. I am so glad my primary care doctor referred me to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center!
B. M. – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
listens, results, no other doctor could get me healthy and off meds! i'm now 60lbs down! She is a genius
Jon R. – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I've been to several doctors to treat my type II diabetes over the past 10 years and Dr, Purcell is the only one that has helped me achieve success. My A1C has gone down 2.5 points in 6 months. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and listens to your personal needs. I feel very fortunate to have her as my doctor.
Anonymous – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was referred to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center in 2016, my diabetes was out of control, I was taking numerous medications and insulin shots, depressed, sick and weighed 252 lbs. Dr Purcell's knowledge, experience and individual hands on care, directed me to where I am today. I have control of my Diabetes, do not take insulin shots daily any more, my moods and depression has ceased, and I feel great. The staff is friendly and they care about their patients.
C. R. – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I had given up on ever getting healthy. I was 52 years old and dying of hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Through a series of events I ended up with Dr. Purcell and her staff treating me. She grabbed my hands, looked me straight in the eye and said- "Rick, we can beat this, you are going to get healthy!" I didn't believer her at first, but now I have lost over 61 pounds, my A1C is coming down and I have hope again. I'm going to live to see my grand kids! I am so grateful to Dr. Purcell!
Rick M. – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr Purcell is great always educating me on my weight loss journey fixing me to set myself up for a life healthy mind set and to live life. I also have to say the Staff is wonderful and always helpful. I would recommend all my friends and family to her. Jessica
Jessica T. – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have learned how to eat and fill full and control my eating.. Thank you
Anonymous A. – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When i first started I was out of shape no energy for a long time, now I am feeling great full of energy got my life ambition back and living life. I am 51 yrs. old bur i do feel like i am a 25 yr. old kid again all thanks to Dr. Purcell and the amazing staff at CDWLC. Thank You, LeRoy Turner
Leroy T. – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I can't explain how healthy I feel. I have not felt this good and energetic for 20 years. The ability Dr.Purcell has to hone in on what my body needed to start burning fat is amazing to me. I am a medical professional and in spite of all my knowledge I struggled endlessly with weight loss. However, the support from the medicines, helped my body respond in a way I couldn't get it to do with just diet. I am happy with the eating plan and do not miss the carbs I so frequently indulged in!
Willie B. – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When first introduced to Dr. Purcell I was overweight and suffering with Type II diabetes. My previous physicians were excellent, but failed to trigger my motivation to undertake important changes. Not so with Dr. Purcell - she was extremely clear in explaining my medical issues and very, very comprehensive in her ongoing assessment of my body chemistry. She did in fact motivate me to lose weight and control my blood sugar, as well as other factors that impinge on my h...
S. S. – Oct 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was sick and felt like I was dying at 41 years old when I came to see Dr. Purcell, just eight months ago. Since then I have lost over 100 pounds and have completely turned my life around. I feel 100% better in all aspects of my life. This is the first time in my life I haven't been hungry. Seeing results like this and feeling like I have my life back just motivates me further! I cannot begin to thank Dr. Purcell and her staff for helping to save my life!
Andrea D. – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is very knowledgable. She is a fast talker but makes sure that you are keeping up with all she has to say. she is very energetic and motivating. she has a great attitude. I enjoy my appointments with her, I think they are vital for my weight loss journey.
D. C. – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is a miracle worker. I have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. In 2009 I had my back fused which made me weight go higher. I was getting back injections every three months and I had to give up most of the fun things in life. 7 months after seeing her, I am down 48 pounds. I haven't had a back injection in a year, I am hiking, swimming, riding bikes- everything I love but had given up due to my weight and back pain. I can't say enough how much ...
Rebecca E. – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Purcell?