Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD

Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 42

Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Olympia, WA and has been practicing for 13 years. She specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, counseling, and more.

Dr. Purcell accepts

Dr. Purcell accepts the following insurance:

Blue Card
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
ODS Health Plan
Premera Blue Cross
The Great-West Life Assurance Company

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Purcell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Purcell treats Symptomatic Menopause more than 85% of her peers

Dr. Purcell treats this condition more than 85% of her peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high

Dr. Purcell treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 84% of her peers

Dr. Purcell treats this condition more than 84% of her peers

• Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

"Dr. Shawna Purcell is an Internist and Dietitian serving the Olympia area for more than 5 years. Dr. Purcell is experienced in Continuous Glucose Monitoring , Body Composition (fat/muscle percentages) and Metabolic Medicine (weight loss). She is a p...

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Purcell

Dr. Purcell?
Dr. Purcell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD
She knows her stuff. She is direct and though she talks fast has so much information to share. Amazing!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Since she moved out of Capital Medical Center she has rude people working for her. I put up with Dr. Purcell’s drill sargent attitude because I liked all the people that worked with her before, but now, no way would I put up with her arrogance. They can’t even answer the simplest questions, and have no idea where my records are. She’s extremely knowledgeable about weight loss, it’s just too bad all the other parts of her business went downhill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
good discussion and provides a quality briefing of personal health status a long with in depth look at other necessary measurements.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Purcell for just over a year. In that year I have lost 65 pounds and lowered my A1-C. I have felt very supported by Dr Purcell and her staff of nutritionists, nurses and receptions. I am so glad my primary care doctor referred me to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
listens, results, no other doctor could get me healthy and off meds! i'm now 60lbs down! She is a genius
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I've been to several doctors to treat my type II diabetes over the past 10 years and Dr, Purcell is the only one that has helped me achieve success. My A1C has gone down 2.5 points in 6 months. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and listens to your personal needs. I feel very fortunate to have her as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was referred to Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center in 2016, my diabetes was out of control, I was taking numerous medications and insulin shots, depressed, sick and weighed 252 lbs. Dr Purcell's knowledge, experience and individual hands on care, directed me to where I am today. I have control of my Diabetes, do not take insulin shots daily any more, my moods and depression has ceased, and I feel great. The staff is friendly and they care about their patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I had given up on ever getting healthy. I was 52 years old and dying of hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Through a series of events I ended up with Dr. Purcell and her staff treating me. She grabbed my hands, looked me straight in the eye and said- "Rick, we can beat this, you are going to get healthy!" I didn't believer her at first, but now I have lost over 61 pounds, my A1C is coming down and I have hope again. I'm going to live to see my grand kids! I am so grateful to Dr. Purcell!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr Purcell is great always educating me on my weight loss journey fixing me to set myself up for a life healthy mind set and to live life. I also have to say the Staff is wonderful and always helpful. I would recommend all my friends and family to her. Jessica
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I have learned how to eat and fill full and control my eating.. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When i first started I was out of shape no energy for a long time, now I am feeling great full of energy got my life ambition back and living life. I am 51 yrs. old bur i do feel like i am a 25 yr. old kid again all thanks to Dr. Purcell and the amazing staff at CDWLC. Thank You, LeRoy Turner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I can't explain how healthy I feel. I have not felt this good and energetic for 20 years. The ability Dr.Purcell has to hone in on what my body needed to start burning fat is amazing to me. I am a medical professional and in spite of all my knowledge I struggled endlessly with weight loss. However, the support from the medicines, helped my body respond in a way I couldn't get it to do with just diet. I am happy with the eating plan and do not miss the carbs I so frequently indulged in!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
When first introduced to Dr. Purcell I was overweight and suffering with Type II diabetes. My previous physicians were excellent, but failed to trigger my motivation to undertake important changes. Not so with Dr. Purcell - she was extremely clear in explaining my medical issues and very, very comprehensive in her ongoing assessment of my body chemistry. She did in fact motivate me to lose weight and control my blood sugar, as well as other factors that impinge on my h...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I was sick and felt like I was dying at 41 years old when I came to see Dr. Purcell, just eight months ago. Since then I have lost over 100 pounds and have completely turned my life around. I feel 100% better in all aspects of my life. This is the first time in my life I haven't been hungry. Seeing results like this and feeling like I have my life back just motivates me further! I cannot begin to thank Dr. Purcell and her staff for helping to save my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is very knowledgable. She is a fast talker but makes sure that you are keeping up with all she has to say. she is very energetic and motivating. she has a great attitude. I enjoy my appointments with her, I think they are vital for my weight loss journey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell is a miracle worker. I have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. In 2009 I had my back fused which made me weight go higher. I was getting back injections every three months and I had to give up most of the fun things in life. 7 months after seeing her, I am down 48 pounds. I haven't had a back injection in a year, I am hiking, swimming, riding bikes- everything I love but had given up due to my weight and back pain. I can't say enough how much ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
The first step is the hardest...but you know that because you've tried everything before finding Dr. Purcell. Knowledge is power and it's a great feeling knowing the past failures were NOT caused by lack of willpower or motivation..there is a chemical reason!! I'll never regret the knowledge I've gained and the way I feel after becoming a patient of Dr. Purcell's. I'm down 70+ lbs..and continuing toward my goal... I can't wait to see where I end!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I finally made the decision to seek out support this year after having gestational diabetes 4 times, having pre-diabetic A1C numbers, and watching my father go through a kidney transplant due to diabetes. I'm so thankful I was connected with the Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center. I have learned a ton changed my eating habits, and as a result, changed my life. I'm feeling (and looking) so much better and am no longer pre-diabetic. Can't thank Dr Purcell and her team enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
I cant say enough about Dr. Purcell, Thank you so much! Moving from NY and only being on Trulicity, which help get me from 230 to 187. But Dr. Purcell in a short 7 mths, knew the right key to active to get me even lower which is now 156 and more active and feeling great. She has been the best thing that has happened to me since being in WA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Dr. Purcell has changed my life. Before I became her patient I was overweight, exhausted, starting to have high blood pressure, joint pain, and the list goes on. I have been seeing her for 8 months. I have lost 60 pounds, have more energy, sleep better, and I don't feel deprived. I have learned about sugar and insulin and what it does to your body. I can't thank Dr. Purcell enough for everything she has done. I have a new life and it is amazing!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Purcell?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Purcell treats patients.