Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD
Dr. Shawna Purcell is an Internist and Dietitian serving the Olympia area for more than 5 years. Dr. Purcell is experienced in Continuous Glucose Monitoring , Body Composition (fat/muscle percentages) and Metabolic Medicine (weight loss). She is a professional member of the Obesity Medical Association and the American Medical Association. Dr. Shawna Purcell was also awarded the Vitals Patients' Choice Award and the Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition. PRACTICE EHR Athena PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION Obesity Medical Association American Medical Association AWARDS & ACCOLADES Vitals patients' Choice Award (2015) Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015) FORMS OF PAYMENT Cash, checks, and major credit cards INSURANCES ACCEPTED Aetna BCBS Blue Card Cigna Great West Multiplan ODS Premera BCBS Regence Health plans United Healthcare - Direct OFFICE HOURS Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm Friday: 8:30am – 12:00pm

Shawna Purcell, MD - Capital Diabetes and Weight Loss

3920 Capital Mall Dr SW Ste 100A

Olympia, WA 98502

• ODS Health Plan
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • The Great-West Life Assurance Company

Learn about Dr. Purcell

Dr. Purcell's Experience

Dr. Purcell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Dietetics
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Metabolic Nutrition

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Minnesota, MD
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Providence Portland Medical Center

Dr. Purcell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Purcell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purcell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Purcell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purcell to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Purcell's Performance
Olympia, WA |
Dr. Purcell is an awesome Doctor. Always positive, even when I stumble with my weight loss goals. I have been seeing her for 3 or 4 year now. Always trying to solve my medical problems. I've never seen an once of negativity come from her. The most positive and upbeat Dr. I've ever been to. And she knows what she's doing most importantly.
in Olympia, WA |
I have been desperate to resolve my weight issues for 10 years. Within 30 minutes with Dr Purcell I found out everything that is going on in my body that is not functioning correctly which is causing my Metoblic Symdrom disorder. She immediately put me on the right track and gave me all the tools I will need to succeed. She is the most personable and brilliant Dr I have ever seen. Thanks to her and her amazing team of experts I finally will get my life back. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Purcell
in Olympia, WA |
Dr Purcell knows a lot about diabetes and treatment options. In that respect she's excellent. Unfortunately, she has the worst bedside manner I've ever encountered. Every time I've seen her she's insulted me at least once. Rude as can be, but with helpful knowledge. I endure? my appointments with her. I wish I could find someone equally knowledgeable with a warmer, kinder disposition.
in Lacey, Wa |
Excellent Doctor! I've seen her for about 2.5 years and lost 45 pounds which I kept off. I worked with the Nutritionist too. I did not need to take medications because I do the work. I take responsibility for my behavior and do not blame my doctor for any of my poor choices. Dr. Purcell knows what she is doing and is big on testing. Facts mam just the facts. She will help you with a plan and modify them as needed. This is the right Diabetes/Weight Loss Doctor when you are the right patient.
Olympia, WA |
Amazing staff and provider she listens and encourages you to be the best you can be. I love her so much my entire family sees her.
Olympia |
Dr Purcell is so encouraging and easy to talk too. She makes it so easy to understand what my body needs.
Olympia, WA |
I'd give zero stars, if I could. Terrible office. Staff are rude and do not return patient phone calls. Dr. Purcell doesn't listen to you during your visit, her goal is to get in and out of room as quick as possible, so patient care is nonexistent. If you use their "portal", it takes days to get a reply and they don't even read what you initially wrote, they just give a quick answer. I was placed on multiple medications for diseases that I do not even have. Find a different physician!
Have you seen Dr. Shawna Purcell, MD?
Are you Dr. Purcell?