Dr. Shawn Palmer, DO

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 103 reviews.
Author:
Excellent experience and very good results. Care at Presence St Joseph was good as well.
Author:
My husband and I have both seen Dr. Palmer for hip and knee replacements. Neighbors recommended him to us. Dr. Palmer and his staff were all we could have hoped for in our quest for an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Palmer gave us confidence through his expert knowledge, compassion, and easy going style. His staff is much the same, plus very efficient. My husband will soon have another hip replacement with Dr. Palmer. He has given us our quality of life back again to ski, hike, and bike again!
Author:
Very caring and extremely knowledgeable. I don't worry when he performs my surgery because I know I'm in capable hands. He's with you through the entire healing process.
Author:
I was worried because knee replacement surgery is major. From the beginning RN Lori Compton helped me get started with the arrangements. I soon met Dr. Palmer. He listened to my concerns and helped me understand what was going to be done. Lori took care of all the arrangements and I was on my way. Other than the expected recovery pain the process was easy. Any concerns I had I contacted Lori and they were taken care of promptly. I had the second one done 4 1/2 months later. Good job!
Author:
Much to my surprise, my knee pain was due to hip problem... dr. Palmer took x-rays and we discussed hip surgery and scheduled the surgery. Next time I saw him was day of surgery prior to my procedure. My one complaint was that my post-op appointment was with his nurse practitioner instead of with him... I was somewhat let down by this as I wondered how much damage he saw in my hip.
Author:
I work in construction and was told I can return to work in four weeks without restriction. After four weeks I was definitely not near ready to return without restriction. It took me nine weeks to return confidently. I think the doctor may be a little too ambitious onthe recovery time. That being said my hip now feels 100% better.
Author:
Dr. Palmer was one of 3 surgeons i visited after an MRI indicated I was a candidate for a total hip replacement. Being in the madical field myself, i did a lot of on line research and consulted with collegues about surgeon outcomes. I was impressed by Dr. Palmers website and the videos he created addressing patient concerns. Great insight into the practice and the man. At my appointment, he was very willing to answer additional questions. Never felt rushed. Demonstrated empathy & confidence.
Author:
I have already referred friends and Neighbors to Dr. Palmer I am so satisfied with the services I received I am planning another service to my knee in the near future and I am using Dr.Palmer
Author:
Dr. Palmer demonstrated great concern, compassion and understanding besides being a true specialist in his field. Even though his practice is a 4 1/2 hr drive I choose him to do my surgery. This has been one of the best choices that I have ever made. The results have been wonderful and my recovery time has been shorter than others I have spoken with. Lori Compton, Dr. Palmer's nurse navigator is wonderful. She was there for me through the whole process.
Author:
Dr. Palmer is beyond fantastic! Truly a joint God! I found him through my own research because I needed bilateral hip replacement and wasn't getting anywhere with 3 other orthopedic surgeons whom said "I was too young". I changed over all my primary care and hospital to travel to Elgin to have him evaluate and do my surgery. I have been told by my in home therapist that his approach is amazing and she was very impressed by my recovery and incision site and size.
Author:
Great, great, great. Run, don't walk to this doctor if you need a hip replacement.
Author:
I heard his name from my family doctor, friends, neighbors, people at work, even random people when out shopping. I almost felt ready to schedule my hip surgery before actually meeting him. Now that I am recovered, I can see why so many people referred to him.