Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD

Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD

Pediatric Surgery  ·

Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD is a pediatric surgery specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has been practicing for 11 years. He specializes in pediatric surgery and general surgery.Read his story

NewYork-Methodist Hospital

Umbilical Hernia

Dr. Steigman treats Umbilical Hernia more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Steigman treats this condition more than 62% of his peers

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Steigman performs Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure more than 59% of his peers

Dr. Steigman performs this procedure more than 59% of his peers

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Empyema
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Orchiectomy
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Pyloric Stenosis
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Splenectomy
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

Shaun A. Steigman, MD is Assistant Professor of Surgery in the division of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Trauma  at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Surgeon at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Board-ce...

• Pediatric Surgery

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Steigman?
Dr. Steigman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD
I have not words to explain how grateful I am with this doctor, amazing person so lovely, my baby had a inguinal hernia and less than a week, he found space to do the surgery, first time he talk to me he gave me peace and confidence... 100% recommended...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My daughter was referred to Dr. Steigman by her PCP and from our initial meeting, through surgery and to our final post-op appointment Dr. Steigman and his entire team were welcoming, professional and almost immediately alleviated all our fears.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My son needed to get circumcised. At the consultation Dr Steigman was very explanatory about the surgery, the healing process pain level etc. We got a date right away for surgery. At the surgery he came in shook my hands reassured me my son will be in good hands. Etc. Made me feel more at ease. After surgery. Came to let me know that the surgery was a success. I would recommend any one to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My 12 year old daughter had an appendectomy at NewYork Presbyterian. Everything went extremely well. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Great Dr very thoughtful and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My 8 yr old daughter was scheduled for an umbilical hernia surgery, to my surprise Dr Steigman was more than what I expected, of course we search for great doctors but he truly has a passion for his career, my daughter was so happy that he helped with the issue my daughter experienced. He did such a wonderful job. You are unable to see the cut, she healed so nicely. We are truly grateful Thanks Doc!! ????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
I needed to get my appendix removed and Dr.Steigman did a good job of doing that. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My 8 yo son had a ruptured appendix. Dr Steigman did a great job on what was a complicated case with a gangrenous appendix with pus. Post operatively my son got transferred to Cornell's new pediatric floor for closer monitoring which had a children's playroom-- a great perk. Dr Steigman was never rushed and had an excellent bedside manner. I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman put our family’s mind at ease by providing us with a thorough explaination of the situation and multiple options for a solution. His bedside manners were second to none.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My son had surgery on April 2nd 2018 to remove a CPAM (congenital lung defect) at Weill Cornell. My son was only 4 months old so of course we were sad and scared but we had comfort knowing our son was in the best hands. He is now 8 months and perfect, reaching all his milestones  and growing well! We are happy that the scarring is very minimal to almost nothing. No one wants their baby to have surgery but if they need it, you are in great hands with Dr.Steigman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman operated on our 7 year old for appendicitis. He was very kind, friendly, and professional. Highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Our son need a belly button hernia surgery, Dr. Steigman and his staff were wonderful and patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman was welcoming, professional and excellent in making my son feel comfortable in our visits with him. My son was recently hospitalized due to perforated appendicitis. He spend 2 weeks in the hospital. It was the worst experience that we ever had. When it came time to choose the Dr. to perform the operation to remove the appendix, we chose Dr. Steigman &Cornell team. Everything went well and my son was out of the hospital in no time. No issues or complications. Definitely recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman performed emergency intestinal surgery on my son. He took what could have been a terrifying experience and made it super manageable. He was kind and competent and made my son feel comfortable where he could have been very frightened.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman performed surgical procedure for a G-Tube on my daughter Catie. Everything went great, he was very reassuring pre and post op and all follow ups have gone very smoothly. I would absolutely suggest Dr. Steigman to any parent whose child needs surgery in his field. We appreciate you Doc!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Excellent service... My son was in and out of surgery and well taken care of. I would recommend Dr Steigman to friends and family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
My daughter, KK, had to have an emergency appendectomy three weeks ago. Like many parents, my wife and I were very concerned as no one wants to see their little one have to be operated on. But from the first moment we met Dr. Steigman we knew things were going to be just fine. He gives of an aura of warmth, knowledge and quiet confidence that one often sees in truly great doctors. Our KK is back at gymnastics and running around full-tilt. Make no mistake, Dr. Steigman is an angel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr.Steigman operated on my son at 2 weeks of age. Immediately from our interaction with him we completely trusted his judgment and felt he was full capable of doing the surgery. My son received multiple surgeries from him throughout his NICU stay and after each he gave great detail and did his best to answer any questions we may have. We never doubted his ability in anyway he had our complete trust. He saved our son's life I would recommend him in a heart beat!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman was amazing!! He operated on my 2 month old baby- he was gentle, patient, and thorough! He also kept us calm throughout the whole process. He had a wonderful and soft bedside manner and we knew we could trust him. All Appointments ran on time as well. I highly reccomend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Steigman, MD?
Dr. Steigman, evaluated our 2 y/o son for "a bulge in the right inguinal area" in August 2016. He concluded that our son has right inguinal hernia and scheduled the surgery right the way. We went for second opinion to Dr. Ginsburg, who found no hernia, but retractile testes and meatal stenosis. He also, although his 30+ years of experience, wanted to see him again in 6 months, just to be sure. We had the second visit last week, no hernia! Definitely would NOT recommend Dr. Steigman to anyone!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Steigman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Steigman treats patients.

Compare Providers