Dr. Shashikumar S. Bellur, MD

Dr. Shashikumar S. Bellur, MD

Interventional Cardiology | Male | 57 years old

As an Interventional Cardiologist, I specialize in the treatment of heart and peripheral vascular diseases. I am proud to offer Montgomery and Walker Counties state of the art surgical treatment and comprehensive care. My goal is to provide prompt and attentive care to restore you to good health as quickly as possible. I am compassionate and caring in my approach to the treatment of my patients. Most procedures are provided in my office for your convenience, by trained technicians under proper care and supervision. I am not only passionate about clinical practice but also in teaching. I am involved with teaching the residents of the Conroe Family Residency Program. I have had the distinct privilege of conducting research at one of the nation's premier health institutes, NIH at Bethesda, Maryland before starting my Residency in Internal Medicine at State University of New York, Stony Brook. I trained as a Fellow in Cardiovascular Diseases at the University of Texas, Health Science Center, San Antonio. I am certified by ABIM in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology and have been serving the Conroe and Huntsville area for over 11 years. My philosophy is to provide compassionate and timely care to my patients, to restore them to their best health possible.Read more

Shashikumar Bellur, MD
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Bellur is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Bellur's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Bellur's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bellur

Dr. Bellur accepts 27 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bellur has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Bellur's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bellur to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Bellur
Dr. Bellur's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (51)
in Huntsville, TX |
Dr. Bellur is very friendly and listens carefully. I appreciate the fact that he is cautious about prescribing medications. He always asks if I have anymore questions.
in HuntsVille, Tx |
Dr.Bellur is extremely friendly and anxious to get to the root of your problem. He will find out what is wrong, making sure you are not anxious or scared in the meantime. I knew, without a doubt when I left his office, all my concerns had been dealt with and I was in the best care possible. As for his office staff, I only wish every doctor's office ran as efficiently as Dr. Bellur's. They are very friendly, they everything runs so effienctly.
in Huntsville, TX |
Outstanding doctor. I credit him with keeping me alive and also my wife and sister. I cannot come up with enough superlatives to say how I feel about him. Just outstanding!
in Conroe, TX |
He changed the prescription from 3 times a day to once a day, without fully knowing about the specific heart condition. Then when he refused to change the prescription, I received a certified letter say he would not be my doctor any more.
Have you seen Dr. Shashikumar S. Bellur, MD?
Are you Dr. Bellur?

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Claudication
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dizziness
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Unstable Angina
  • Venous Hypertension

• Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arterial Duplex Ultrasound
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

University Of Texas Health Science Center

Completed in 1995

Jn Medical College

Graduated in 1982

• LEADING PHYSICIAN OF THE WORLD&TOP CARDIOLOGIST IN CONROE AWARDED BY INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATES OF CARDIOLOGISTS, 2010
    • LIFETIME DISTINGUISHED MASTER OF THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF CARDIOLOGY, 2010
    • DISTINGUISHED MEMBER OF AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOLOGY, 2009
    • DISTINGUISHED FELLOW OF AMERICAN ACADEMY OF CARDIOLOGY, 2009
    • Repeatedly Passed

• Hindi
  • Kannada

Dr. Bellur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bellur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Bellur's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Bellur

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Bellur's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Bellur

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Bellur's Care Philosophy