Dr. Shashi Alloju, MD

Dr. Shashi Alloju, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Shashi Alloju, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 34 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

5323 Harry Hines Blvd

Dallas, TX 75390

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Health Net
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Alloju

See how frequently Dr. Alloju performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lazy Eye
high
Blepharitis
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)

Dr. Alloju's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Alloju's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Alloju "Dr. Shashi Alloju is a Board Certified Comprehensive Eye Physician and Surgeon. Dr. Alloju not only practices comprehensive ophthalmology including the surgical management of routine and complex cataracts, he also specializes in medical and surgical management of corneal diseases and performs laser vision correction. Dr. Alloju has excelled throughout his training. Graduating at the top of his medical school class, he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honors society. After receiving his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine in 2009, he attended a rigorous training program in Ophthalmology at the prestigious University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, TX. During his training, he served as the clinic and surgical chief and graduated with the highest volume of cataract surgeries among his peers. Upon completion of residency, Dr. Alloju travelled to Portland, OR to the renowned Casey Eye Institute, where he completed a extensive fellowship in cornea/external disease and refractive surgery. Dr. Alloju's passion for Ophthalmology stems from the surgical management of eye disease that can result in vision restoration. He has created a video channel of the many different types of surgeries that he performs. A link is available on the website: www.eyehealthtexas.com. Dr. Alloju is committed to lifelong learning and gives back his community. Dr. Alloju is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Texas Southwestern where he teaches residents and fellows surgical techniques."

• Ophthalmology

• Blindness
  • Cataract
  • Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Casey Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Alloju has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Alloju does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alloju and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alloju's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alloju to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Alloju Says:

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience. We value this feedback greatly and use it to improve the patient experience. Please let me or one of the staff members know how we can help further!

Dr. Alloju's Performance
in Richardson, TX |
When you have issues with your eyes, it can be a frightening thing. I was referred to Dr Alloju after painful recurring tears in outer cornea layer. It didn't take him long to find a solution- tear duct plugs! Who even knew such a thing existed! It not only resolved the need for constant eye drops but prevented me from having to add any more presciption drugs to my life. I'd highly recommend him for your eye care health. He's super smart and really kind and that's a winning combination in a Dr!
in Frisco, TX |
It's been great experience with Eye Health Texas. Dr Shashi Alloju answered all my questions very patiently and kept me informed with every single detail regarding my eye checks upfront and provided best recommendation for my eye health. Staff is great too.
Allen, TX |
Easy to schedule appointment, got all done within a short span. I had great experience.
in Plano, TX |
I had a great experience with Dr. Alloju. He was highly recommended to me by other doctors I spoke with and it’s easy to see why. He took the time to carefully explain all of my choices for lens implants and helped me arrive at the best decision based on my lifestyle and work needs. He and his staff have been friendly, patient, helpful and professional at all times. For the first time in 40 years I can see without the need for contacts or glasses which has greatly improved my lifestyle.
Frisco, TX |
As a nurse I am very particular about choosing excellent healthcare for my self and my family. Dr. Alloju far exceeded every expectation. Patient manner and communication skills, patient education and support and in my particular case surgical excellence was incredibly met and far beyond. My choice of physician, especially a surgeon, always includes talking with my peers who support the surgical area - thumbs up from every single nurse I spoke with and the strongest of support to proceed with
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Alloju has performed Cataract Surgery on both of my eyes. Dr. Alloju is the most professional Surgeon I have ever had the privilege of working with. We in the North Texas area are indeed blessed. I must thank my wife for finding his practice. If you ever find you are in need of an Eye Physician and Surgeon you won't find a more congenial and professional individual. Thank you Dr. Alloju. His professional front office staff are the friendliest people.
in Frisco, TX |
I started going to Dr. Alloju for a retna tear, after my examination he asked when I was going to have my cataract surgery. I was shocked that within a year my cataracts had materialized so quickly. We were able to schedule surgery within six weeks for the right eye and the second was two weeks later. I am able to read the paper and drive without glasses (which I've worn all my life). His office staff is very helpful and pleasant.
in Ponder, TX |
Professionally astute. Personable with a wonderful bedside manner. Superb staff reflecting the same attributes as Dr. Alloju. BTW they all enjoy farm fresh eggs. Bring them some if you grow them.
Have you seen Dr. Shashi Alloju, MD?
Are you Dr. Alloju?