Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 62

Dr. Abramowitz

"I’ve known Dr. Abramowitz for many years and I consider her a trusted mentor. As a psychiatrist, the scope of her approach is broad and complete. She is a physician first – always considering medical issues that may be presenting with psychiatric symptoms. Her training and experience are deeply rooted in psychotherapy and her kind and intelligent approach reflects this. And she is a rare physician who knows that true healing occurs only when the spirit is attended to as well."

Read Review

"I work collaboratively with Dr. Abramowitz and have been so deeply impressed by her competence, care and sensitivity to her patients. She is widely respected in her field and such a pleasure to work with. I find her knowledgeable and extremely competent. I wish that all health care providers might have access to her knowledge."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abramowitz

4.5

Dr. Abramowitz?
Dr. Abramowitz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr Abramowitz changed the course of my life in such a meaningful way. I have so much gratitude for her thoughtful oversight of my early recovery. Mindfulness practice, healthier lifestyle and general support during such a monumental change in my life. Whenever I speak with someone struggling, I always mention her as a resource for some much information and a potential guide in their own journey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Unless loved one or friend has a seperate medical practitioner reviewing this doctors work I can not recommend this provider. Her council was hysterical and alarmist. Unable to diagnose or make meaningful connection to a colleague for referral who might, she left our loved one devastated and far worse for having met Dr Abramowitz. Only now under the care of a truly caring, competent professional is it clear how bad Dr Abramowitz was.
Thank you for your feedback. I always want to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr Abramowitz is really kind. She doesn't just throw medications at you she takes in all aspects of the person. She has knowledge in addiction and alternative ways to deal with problems apart from just medication. I trust her completely and I would recommend her to anyone who needed a psychiatrist.
Thank you so much for your confidence in me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
DR Abramowitz is one of the rarest psychiatrist-psychoanalysts I have consulted and by whom have treated for my personal and marriage issues. She is honest, professional, and a solution finder. Her astute observation and analytical assessment in pointing out problems in my relationships with family nembers saved my life. She is a subject matter expert in addiction recovery and counseling. Her referrals and recommendations are spot on. She has a deep understanding of cultural diversity.
Thank you for your heart felt feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr. Abramowitz is remarkably knowledgeable, insightful, warm and engaging. A consummate professional, she has helped this patient to such an extent that I will be forever grateful.
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abramowitz?

I am a board certified, UCSF-trained psychiatrist, addiction medicine specialist, and integrative medicine fellowship trained. I truly practice sensitive therapeutic engagement with my patients. I believe that good psychiatry prac...

• Psychiatry

1984
1983
1979

Dr. Abramowitz accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Abramowitz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Abramowitz's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Abramowitz treats patients.

Compare Providers