Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 64

Dr. Abramowitz

Abramowitz, Sharon A MD

3830 Piedmont Ave Oakland, CA 94611

Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Oakland, CA. She is affiliated with Highland Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Abramowitz to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Abramowitz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Abramowitz's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Abramowitz accepts

Dr. Abramowitz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abramowitz

Dr. Abramowitz?
  • Appointment scheduling (7)
  • Explained conditions well (7)
  • Listened & answered questions (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
I highly recommend Dr. Abramowitz and this is from someone with a mixed experience of psychiatry. I was seeking an approach beyond the all too common industry-driven practice of prescribing pharmaceuticals as a panacea. Dr. Abramowitz has a wholistic approach to treatment which I found refreshing and gratifying. She is exceptional at eliciting information allowing her to identify strengths and areas needing support. I was impressed by her thorough assessment of my circumstances and my alcohol use disorder. She provided me with a supportive process, while educating me on some important issues I was unaware of. Following the assessment, she compiled a detailed list of recommendations which included suggested medications along with supplements, sleep guidance, and recommendations for ways to increase my activity and decrease my anxiety. She included relevant links for further information at my request. I truly wish more psychiatrists approached treatment the way Dr. Abramowitz does.
Anonymous r/t stigma & job – Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
I’ve known Dr. Abramowitz for many years and I consider her a trusted mentor. As a psychiatrist, the scope of her approach is broad and complete. She is a physician first – always considering medical issues that may be presenting with psychiatric symptoms. Her training and experience are deeply rooted in psychotherapy and her kind and intelligent approach reflects this. And she is a rare physician who knows that true healing occurs only when the spirit is attended to as well.
Dana Harris, M.D. in Los Angeles, CA – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
I work collaboratively with Dr. Abramowitz and have been so deeply impressed by her competence, care and sensitivity to her patients. She is widely respected in her field and such a pleasure to work with. I find her knowledgeable and extremely competent. I wish that all health care providers might have access to her knowledge.
Mental Health Provider – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr Abramowitz changed the course of my life in such a meaningful way. I have so much gratitude for her thoughtful oversight of my early recovery. Mindfulness practice, healthier lifestyle and general support during such a monumental change in my life. Whenever I speak with someone struggling, I always mention her as a resource for some much information and a potential guide in their own journey.
OliviaS in Oakland, CA – Jun 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Unless loved one or friend has a seperate medical practitioner reviewing this doctors work I can not recommend this provider. Her council was hysterical and alarmist. Unable to diagnose or make meaningful connection to a colleague for referral who might, she left our loved one devastated and far worse for having met Dr Abramowitz. Only now under the care of a truly caring, competent professional is it clear how bad Dr Abramowitz was.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 08, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. I always want to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr Abramowitz is really kind. She doesn't just throw medications at you she takes in all aspects of the person. She has knowledge in addiction and alternative ways to deal with problems apart from just medication. I trust her completely and I would recommend her to anyone who needed a psychiatrist.
Sausalito, CA – Jul 12, 2017
Dr. Abramowitz's Reply – Flag
Thank you so much for your confidence in me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
DR Abramowitz is one of the rarest psychiatrist-psychoanalysts I have consulted and by whom have treated for my personal and marriage issues. She is honest, professional, and a solution finder. Her astute observation and analytical assessment in pointing out problems in my relationships with family nembers saved my life. She is a subject matter expert in addiction recovery and counseling. Her referrals and recommendations are spot on. She has a deep understanding of cultural diversity.
Maryam Talakoob in San Francisco, CA – Jul 12, 2017
Dr. Abramowitz's Reply – Flag
Thank you for your heart felt feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?
Dr. Abramowitz is remarkably knowledgeable, insightful, warm and engaging. A consummate professional, she has helped this patient to such an extent that I will be forever grateful.
San Francisco, CA – Jun 07, 2017
Dr. Abramowitz's Reply – Flag
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharone Abramowitz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abramowitz?

I am a board certified, UCSF-trained psychiatrist, addiction medicine specialist, and integrative medicine fellowship trained. I truly practice sensitive therapeutic...Read more

I'm UCSF residency trained. I completed the Academy of Integrative Medicine 2 year fellowship and am now on their faculty. I'm board certified in both...Read more

• Psychiatry