Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD

NeurologyFemaleAge 45

Neurology

Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Pasadena, CA and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Yegiaian has extensive experience in Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Sleep Disorders. She graduated from UNIV OF VT COLL OF MED in 2007. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Casa Colina Hospital and Huntington Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD

Sharon Yegiaian MD Inc.

139 S Los Robles Ave Unit B020 Pasadena, CA 91101

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Yegiaian with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Yegiaian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yegiaian

3.2

Unequivocally the best doctor who has ever managed my exceptionally complicated medical conditions. In a time when it is the norm to be quickly dismissed by physicians of all specialties, Dr. Yegiaian is an oasis in the broken healthcare system. I have never before had a physician take such a detailed medical history, or spend so much time getting to know me as a whole person. The end result of this comprehensive approach to patient care and treatment has resulted in many of my chronic medical issues being resolved by Dr. Yegiaian. True, there are times when it is necessary to wait well beyond a scheduled appointment time. However, you can be assured that when you are seen by the doctor you will receive her complete and undivided attention. After many, many, years of seeing 'hit and run' doctors who never take the time to find the root cause of a problem, it has literally been life changing for me to find a doctor who has been determined to solve my medical "mysteries." Especial
  • Long wait times
Jun 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Please read the negative reviews. I had a similar experience. If you look on certain review sites, this doctor has responded to negative reviews by threatening her own patients, which is very concerning when she has control of their health. I believe my own experience was egregious enough to have done more than write a review about it, but I'm too ill to do more than warn others. I got the feeling she and her staff were aware of that, and I felt taken advantage of. It's tough to find a doctor in this area who's willing and able to handle complex or uncommon illnesses, but I'm afraid the search is still ongoing.
May 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
The staff is friendly. But the doctor herself is not, she acts as she cares. But at the end of the day, she runs her office more like a business than a healthcare site. I would not recommend her at all, please seek other qualified physicians that can meet your medical needs.
Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Yegiaian for several year now. She is polite conscientious and thorough. She solved one major pain problem I have been having for decades .. it took several visits and several attempts, but finally success! I could not be happier.
Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Dr. Yegiaian is very thorough and an unusually good listener. Yes, expect to wait but it is worthwhile because she will give you the same time as she does others. Her nurses are charming and do their best to insure your comfort. I highly recommend her.
Ashe Macy – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
I’m very surprised to see any negative reviews on Dr. Yegiaian. My biggest gripe as a patient was how impossible it was to have other doctor’s offices pronounce and spell her name correctly when we were coordinating between neurologists for my treatment a few years back. All jokes aside, there was only one billing issue I had for a treatment when she opened her own practice and I followed her as a patient - but after all the fighting with my insurance, her office ended up eating the cost of the incorrectly billed medication, not me. I was in a terrible state when we met. Nine other neurologists, worsening symptoms, 20 medications and no one had any idea how to help me. She took a wild guess that I was experiencing rare severe acute migraines and led my treatment for near-blindness + vertigo + complete exhaustion, to being completely functional and only needing 2 medications to resolve all of my symptoms. She really cares about her patients and I fully respect that she never gave up.
Christina Weston – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
BEWARE!! Rude, arrogant, asked for me to pay in cash for unnecessary tests. Gave meds that weren't warranted - I'm still dealing with the fall out. Absolutely heartless! Staff was completely unorganized - lost my labs. Frankly taking advantage of me at my worse. Thank God I had the good sense to leave when I did. Floored she's still practicing.
Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
DR.Y has been my Neuro for years! I have been stubborn as a patient but she keeps me going and does not give up on me . These patients talking about her not being knowledgeable about treating conditions are wrong.and saying she has an ego is laughable .she is far from that!!!! have POTs with many other issues she is cutting edge with meds and if you have migraine like I do no one has EVER been to treat them like she has. I have seen multiple doctors an multiple Neuro drs no one has the bedside
Heather Detrick in Riverside, CA – Mar 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
EXCELLENT..After going to two previous neurologists with a continuing worsening of my Myasthenia Gravis I found Dr. Yegiaian. I had reached the point where I had to hold my head up by putting my hand under my chin..The only medication I was on was prednisone and I was rapidly going down hill. I have no doubt that she saved my life. She had me do numerous motor tests( which neither the other neurologists did) and she put me on several medications that reversed EVERY symptom I had. GOD BLESS HER..
Daniel Ahern in Los Angeles, CA – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
It’s amazing reading the comments left on this site about Dr. Y that are so negative. My experience of the staff, diagnosis, follow up, medication regulation and the personal care Dr. Y has given me goes beyond ‘Excellent”. After Stroke and now Epileptic Seizures, I have been given the medical assistance to live my live again, integrating every day living with my health issues. I’m grateful to have Dr. Y and her staff - their advocacy and care for me and my family - you get 10 stars!!!
Clara in Monrovia, CA – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Wow, I've never seen a Dr. Insult a patient for giving them a bad review and she does it over and over. Just stay away from this woman.
Jun 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Please continue to trust these reviews. Dr. Yegiaian continues to show her heartless, egotistical mindset. After over a year, she posted another review "response" to my original post regarding my Lyme dx- taking the time to mock me & "people like me". The truth is in the results. Left her care unable to function holding a prescription that was not appropriate according to Mayo Clinic tests she requested. Am now healthy: exercising, working, enjoying life thanks to 3 awesome docs (inc Lyme doc)
Johanne S. – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Dr Yegiaian is a really amazing healthcare provider. She listens, asks questions & really explores the cause, impact & treatment options as opposed to just treating symptoms. She Looks at everything that could possibly be contributing to your issue from different angles, then in a thorough & no nonsense way, treats the problem medically While also suggesting beneficial actions that fit within your ability and lifestyle. It is clear that she truly cares about improving her patients lives.
Tami in Rosemead ca – Dec 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
STAY AWAY! She will do unnecessary testing to increase her revenue even though the diagnosis is obvious to most experienced neurologists. I went to 4 other neurologists because I felt that she was not doing the appropriate things,and they were surprised at how much unnecessary testing she did. Stay away.
Los Angeles, CA – Oct 15, 2017
If someone told me a patient saw five...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Dr. Yegiaian is a "one in a million" in the medical field. After years of suffering from severe Dysautonomia/POTS, excruciating migraine headaches, etc., I found her. She accurately diagnosed my condition and is successfully treating and monitoring my symptoms improving the quality of my life. She's extremely knowledgeable, professional, kind, compassionate and takes time to listen. She an amazing doctor and so is her staff. I owe my good days to her great care.
L. Taylor in Burbank, CA – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Dr. Yegiaian misdiagnosed my medical condition, which almost landed me in the hospital. She became very defensive and demeaning when I questioned her (incorrect) diagnosis. She is cold and rude and I would never recommend her. Not a nice woman
  • Long wait times
May 23, 2017
If I 'missed" your diagnosis then why did you not...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
POTS PATIENTS BEWARE From one POTS patient to another, this doctor does not have the knowledge to treat POTS patients even though, sadly, she claims that "POTS is so simple to treat..." Never before have I encountered a doctor so uneducated in an area he/she claims to know so much about, so unprofessional, so rude, so easily offended, and so arrogant as Dr. Y. Go to the POTS Care center in TX instead. They've actually done the research and truly know how to help POTS patients.
May 16, 2017
As I said during our encounter a lot of patients...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
I saw Dr Sharon Yegiaian for y back pain. My experience was very pleasant at her new location at 139 South Lobles Ave in Pasadena. She as very caring and knowledgeable and took the time to isten to my concern. I am feeling a lot better. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. They go out of their way to accommodate you. I would recommend her highly if ou or dome one ou know needs a neurologist. Thanks
Ara B in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?
Dr. Yegianian is an excellent dr. who takes a great deal of time, and care with her patients. Most importantly she is extremely thorough and will make sure to rule out anything serious, if it all possible. I have been seeing her for 3 years, and I am thrilled she is my neurologist.
Justin Speranza in Los Angeles, CA – Jan 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yegiaian?

Despite Dr. Yegiaian's highly specialized training and approach to diagnosis of complexes diseases of the nerve and muscle she has set up...Read more

• Neurology

2001
USC

• Armenian
  • Persian

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD?

Does Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Yegiaian's profile.

What are Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Yegiaian specializes in Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Sleep Disorders. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD treat?

Dr. Yegiaian frequently treats the following conditions: Insomnia, Restless Leg Syndrome, and Low Back Pain. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD's office address?

Dr. Yegiaian's office is located at 139 S Los Robles Ave Unit B020, Pasadena, CA 91101. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages is Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD fluent in?

Dr. Yegiaian is able to speak Armenian, Farsi, and English. View profile to see all.

Is Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD is affiliated with Casa Colina Hospital and Huntington Hospital.

How much experience does Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD have?

Dr. Yegiaian has over 15 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 3.2/5 for Dr. Sharon Yegiaian, MD. Patients say that the appointment wasn't rushed and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

No malpractice claims found for California

Frequently Treated by Dr. Yegiaian

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Yegiaian treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Yegiaian treats other conditions, please contact the office at (626) 626-7670.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Yegiaian is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Headache

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Yegiaian is experienced in the area of Neurodegenerative Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
Parkinson's Disease
Dementia

Sleep Disorders

Sleep disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that disrupt sleep, including insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and sleep apnea.Compare with other Sleep Disorders specialists.

Dr. Yegiaian is experienced in the area of Sleep Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Insomnia

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Yegiaian is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Cranial Trauma
Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
Stroke
Hide other treatment areas

Check Dr. Yegiaian's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yegiaian's conditions and procedures:

• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Aneurysm
  • Lyme Disease
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Meningiomas
  • Mitochondrial Diseases
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Myopathy
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Dr. Yegiaian accepts

Dr. Yegiaian accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield