Dr. Sharon Winters, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 64

Dr. Winters

Atlantic Psychiatric PA

719 Beville Rd South Daytona, FL 32119

Dr. Sharon Winters, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in South Daytona, FL and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Universidad Pedagogica Y Technologica De Colombia medical school in 1984. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Winters to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Winters' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Winters' Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Winters performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Winters accepts

Dr. Winters accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

2.8

Dr. Winters?
  • Wait times (14)
  • Long wait times (4)
If I could leave a zero, I would. Barb has to be the nastiest person I’ve ever met. She is cold and likes to get you angry. Sharon will leave you worse off than before. She does not listen. She will drop you within a blink of an eyelash, if you need to see her before your allowed time, have trouble with medication, have any type of emergency, or become inpatient. Once I got out of the hospital, I had another breakdown that lead to several months of intensive daily therapy. The meds I had been on, totally messed me up and she ignored me. She is only concerned about her hair and prestige.
SWb!tch – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Winters for many years, since I was a teenager. She is a wonderful person and a great doctor. She remembers so many details of my life and she is an expert on psychiatric medications. I hate seeing the negative comments, they are definitely untrue and of course she has no way of disputing them.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Barb the receptionist is rude at best. Dr.winters needs to hire a new front desk. There are numerous reviews about receptionist being dismissive.
1 star review in FL – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
The receptionist Barbara is extremely rude and intrusive. she likes playing games on phone, STAY....AWAY!!
Dr. Sharon winters review negative – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Horrible receptionist BARB ruins this practice..she is anxiety inducing at best. Rude and crass if you look up other reviews she is a serious issue and i would steer clear of this practice
New Smyrna Beach, FL – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
My daughter was a patient of Dr. S. Winters for 4 years. In that time, Dr. Winters was unable to stabilize her or diagnose her properly. My daughter progressively worsened to the point of psychosis.. At the emergency appointment with Winters, she laughed at my daughter. My daughter wound up in an in-patient behavioral facility where she finally received the care she needed. I now drive nearly an hour away to a non-condescending doctor who is better trained to deal with people and their disorders
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Anonymous in Daytona Beach, FL – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
My daughter saw Dr. Winters for 5 years during her adolescence. I did appreciate Driving!. Winters thorough explanations and information; she is very knowledgable. However, there were a few things I didn’t like but my daughter wanted to continue with her so we did. I regret that decision. Dr. Winters dropped my daughter like a hot cake when she had a psychotic break and and a volutary inpatient stay (her first) at HBS. Dr. Winters likes to pick and choose her patients, and is condescending.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Anonymous Parent – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
I called to make an appt for my teenager and the receptionist was very short and said she isn't seeing any teens. Adolescent Psychiatry???
Ormond Beach, FL – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Dr. S. Winters is my angle, she's extremely thorough, understanding, goes above & beyond to assure all your needs are Met! Explains the brain in such detail & gives rational explanation, her expertise is evident, is beyond brilliant & remains humble; makes you feel like an equal. When you talk to her she's always happy, focuses in on conversation, spends extra time until you are comfortable, never rushes you out. When I leave a heavy weight is lifted & her happiness affects me; I actually smile.
Daytona Beach, FL – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Receptionist is rude and nasty. And I thought I was able to talk while seeing her and she does all the talking. I need my meds re-evaluated and I'm scared to tell her. This place scares me!
Mar 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Good luck getting past the receptionist. I tried to get my son an appointment and was told by the receptionist that she seriously doubted Dr. Sharon Winters would even see my son because of his previous diagnosis of mood disorder and autism. I thought that she was a Doctor of Psychiatry for Children and Adolescents. Apparently she is but only for children who have no previous problems.
Stephanie Schmit in Ormond Beach, FL – Jan 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Winters?

• Psychiatry