Dr. Sharon Winters, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 63

Dr. Winters

Winters Family Psychiatry

719 Beville Rd South Daytona, FL 32119

Dr. Sharon Winters, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in South Daytona, FL and has been practicing for 36 years. She graduated from Universidad Pedagogica Y Technologica De Colombia in 1984 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Winters accepts

Dr. Winters accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Winters' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Winters' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

3.0

Dr. Winters?
Dr. Winters' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sharon Winters, MD
If I could leave a zero, I would. Barb has to be the nastiest person I’ve ever met. She is cold and likes to get you angry. Sharon will leave you worse off than before. She does not listen. She will drop you within a blink of an eyelash, if you need to see her before your allowed time, have trouble with medication, have any type of emergency, or become inpatient. Once I got out of the hospital, I had another breakdown that lead to several months of intensive daily therapy. The meds I had been on, totally messed me up and she ignored me. She is only concerned about her hair and prestige.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Winters for many years, since I was a teenager. She is a wonderful person and a great doctor. She remembers so many details of my life and she is an expert on psychiatric medications. I hate seeing the negative comments, they are definitely untrue and of course she has no way of disputing them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Barb the receptionist is rude at best. Dr.winters needs to hire a new front desk. There are numerous reviews about receptionist being dismissive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
The receptionist Barbara is extremely rude and intrusive. she likes playing games on phone, STAY....AWAY!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Horrible receptionist BARB ruins this practice..she is anxiety inducing at best. Rude and crass if you look up other reviews she is a serious issue and i would steer clear of this practice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
My daughter was a patient of Dr. S. Winters for 4 years. In that time, Dr. Winters was unable to stabilize her or diagnose her properly. My daughter progressively worsened to the point of psychosis.. At the emergency appointment with Winters, she laughed at my daughter. My daughter wound up in an in-patient behavioral facility where she finally received the care she needed. I now drive nearly an hour away to a non-condescending doctor who is better trained to deal with people and their disorders
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
My daughter saw Dr. Winters for 5 years during her adolescence. I did appreciate Driving!. Winters thorough explanations and information; she is very knowledgable. However, there were a few things I didn’t like but my daughter wanted to continue with her so we did. I regret that decision. Dr. Winters dropped my daughter like a hot cake when she had a psychotic break and and a volutary inpatient stay (her first) at HBS. Dr. Winters likes to pick and choose her patients, and is condescending.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
I called to make an appt for my teenager and the receptionist was very short and said she isn't seeing any teens. Adolescent Psychiatry???
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Dr. S. Winters is my angle, she's extremely thorough, understanding, goes above & beyond to assure all your needs are Met! Explains the brain in such detail & gives rational explanation, her expertise is evident, is beyond brilliant & remains humble; makes you feel like an equal. When you talk to her she's always happy, focuses in on conversation, spends extra time until you are comfortable, never rushes you out. When I leave a heavy weight is lifted & her happiness affects me; I actually smile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?
Receptionist is rude and nasty. And I thought I was able to talk while seeing her and she does all the talking. I need my meds re-evaluated and I'm scared to tell her. This place scares me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharon Winters, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Winters?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry