Dr. Sharon Russell, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Female

Dr. Sharon Russell, DDS
Dr. Sharon Russell, DDS is a dentist who practices in Upper Marlboro, MD. She has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Russell is affiliated with Howard University Hospital, Fort Washington Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Russell's Care Philosophy

Dr Sharon Russell is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon committed to providing quality care in a spa like, tranquil environment using state of the art dental technology. We are a patient focused , patient centered organization and are available when you need us most, and that is why we are open 7 days a week! We specialize in Emergency Dental Services, Dental implants, wisdom teeth, dental trauma, extractions and anesthesia/ IV sedation and "smile makeovers". Dr Sharon Russell, a trusted oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Upper Marlboro, MD has over 20 years of healthcare experience and we Want you to have "a unique dental experience " at The Maryland Oral Surgery Group today!

Dr. Russell's Experience

Visiting Dr. Russell

Dr. Russell accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Russell is now accepting new patients
Melwood Professional Center9632 Marlboro Pike
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Evening
Saturday
(301) 967-0183Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Russell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Russell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Russell to family and friends
Dr. Russell Says:

As a surgeon that cares we value your feedback with this survey with the services provided and your experience with myself and our staff. All responses are confidential and used to improve the patient experience within our organization. Thank you for your time and support!

Dr. Russell's Performance
in Upper Marlboro, Md |
My experience with the staff and Dr. Russell were both professional and comforting. I would definitely return, if future oral surgery was ever needed.
in Fort Washington, MD |
I appreciate their concern. My blood pressure was elevated and they were very concerned. Made me feel I was in caring and professional hands. I get very anxious at the doctors office and helped releive my anxiety.
in Clinton MD |
I would like to give Dr. Rusell and her staff the highest grade. I had a wisdom tooth that had a deep cavity and the nerve exposed. I was given an appointment that meet my needs and schedule. Dr. Rusell was very professional and funny. I was put at ease, the tooth was removed with no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Rusell. James Monteiro
Capitol Heights, MD |
Best oral surgeon office ever they do a outstading job on your mouth ill refer anybody great service
Upper Marlboro, MD |
The mosg and dr russell Treated all three of my teenagers' wisdom teeth removal and it was smooth and painless! Dr Sharon russell was so professional and informative! Intelligent and very knowledgeable! 20 stars if I could give! Office was great!
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Comfortable office, friendly staff, easy procedure...the Dr. followed up three times with me to make sure everything was going well. It was really nice.
Silver Spring, MD |
Never. Completely un-professional. Dr. Sharon Russell conducted herself in a defensive manner after not extracting my daughter's 3 wisdom teeth and my daughter complained of the pain she was in. I really would love to use other choice words, but hopefully you get my drift. The staff were very pleasant and handled her rude behavior.
Doylestown, PA |
This office is very professional and they did an awesome job extracting my wisdom teeth. I would reccomend anybody to come here.
in Oxon Hill, MD |
Dr. Russell and her staff were beyond outstanding. My son was dealing with TMJ concerns and we were referred to her by our dentist. I did go in skeptical thinking and expecting the worse and not knowing what my son would have to endure but from the initial consultation to the very end we were treated with the utmost respect, professionalism, courtesy, and consideration. My son loved her ethics and I would definitely recommend her.
in Largo, MD |
The MD Oral Surgery Group and Dr. Sharon Russell did an excellent job extracting my wisdom teeth. They were professional, had great bedside manner, explained procedures and treatment well, and were very gentle and fast. I woke up from sedation asking if we were just about to get started (that's how good I felt afterwards). No swelling or bruising, and I recovered quite well. I highly recommend this practice, and am happy to be able to support a local business, who is committed to excellence.
Elkridge, MD |
She was a great dentist. Very professional and a very comfortable environment. I would recommend her to my friends.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Excellent Customer Service and Quality Care, would highly recommed!
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr Russell was very professional and very good at explaining the procedure and what needed to be done. She made me feel very comfortable and I would highly recommend her.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Russell and her team are the most professional and caring team anyone could ask for. The service was quick and the utmost professional. I had four wisdom teeth extracted, and she took her time with the service, making sure I can handle the pain of the injections and removal. Additionally, her staff insured I was in the car safely. Every moment of procedure was professional and excellent period.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Russell goes above and beyond what normal doctors do. She has called me after hours to update me on biopsy results from oral surgery and assisted in getting me follow up appointments to complete my treatment. I totally recommend Dr. Russell to any new patients based on dedication and professionalism.
in Brandywine, MD |
I was truly impressed with the professionalism and the care that both Dr. Russell and her staff. They explained everything to me in terms that I could actual understand. I have recommended Dr. Russell and her staff to my family and friends. Anita Carter
She was great! Took really well of me! I would recommend her to anyone.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Russell is an amazing dentist. She is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about dentistry. She makes each patient feel comfortable and less anxious about receiving dental work. Her staff is professional, amiable and pleasant, which allows every patient to receive the utmost best of professional care. I felt like I was in a spa when I went to have my wisdom teeth extracted, because the atmosphere was so serene and tranquil. I felt so blessed to have her as my oral surgeon. She's great!
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Russell is an amazing physician ! I am pleased with the way Dr. Russell has treated our family. I found her to be very professional and knowledgeable. She takes her time to explain any questions you may have ! I found her according to location, but I am very happy to met someone that cares as if I am one of her family member. Dr. Russell doesn't rush to conclusions (like others to just get paid). Most of all, she will go above and beyond to make sure that we are satisfied every visit !!!
in Clinton, MD |
Dr. Russell was very professional and took time to explain the dental process and surgical procedure needed for our son. The office is very calming which helped my son get through the surgery. Dr. Russell called to check on my son after the surgery and to make sure everything was going well and to see if we had any questions.
in oxon |
OMG TO MOSG!!! I normally don't write comments on any purchases or services that I receive (good or bad), but this one deserves it! I have a 37 year old son with developmental disabilities who have a severe gagging reflex and fear of the dentist. Last year he was diagnosed with a tooth abscess and was required to go to an oral surgeon to have 2 teeth extracted. I've taken him to several dentists and just could not get him scheduled for different reasons. This am he woke up with severe swelli
in Temple Hills Maryland |
When I arrived for my wisdom teeth surgery on 1/22/16 I'd have to admit I was extremely nervous. So nervous that when I was hooked up to the monitor it was beeping out of control. Well I got through the surgery in about 30 minutes (fast right?). I wouldn't have been able to go through with even such a minor surgery if it weren't for Dr.Sharon and her amazing God gifted team!. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurse whom assisted throughout my surgery made me feel sooooooo comfortable. Than
Thurmont, MD |
I visited Dr. Russell for a wisdom tooth extraction. The entire experience was wonderful (and who says that about a tooth extraction...LOL!). Dr Russell and her staff were extremely kind and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Russell and her practice to anyone in need.
Everyone was very helpful!
in Glenn Dale Md |
I had to get a tooth extraction and was somewhat fearful of having this procedure done. The general office manger came in and explained the procedure step by step including the insurance coverage and what wasn't. Dr. Russell was so gentle her voice was so calm that I was assured after fifteen minutes in the dentist chair that there would be no pain. Dr. Russell's entire staff was so very kind and professional I would recommend anyone that need oral surgery of any kind to come visit her first.
Have you seen Dr. Sharon Russell, DDS?
Are you Dr. Russell?

Compare Dr. Russell

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Russell's Care Philosophy

Dr Sharon Russell is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon committed to providing quality care in a spa like,  tranquil environment using state of the art dental technology. We are a patient focused , patient centered organization and are available when you need us most, and that is why we are open 7 days a week! We specialize in Emergency Dental Services, Dental implants, wisdom teeth, dental trauma, extractions and anesthesia/ IV sedation and "smile makeovers". Dr Sharon Russell, a trusted oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Upper Marlboro, MD has over 20 years of healthcare experience and we Want you to have "a unique dental experience " at The Maryland Oral Surgery Group today!

Dr. Russell says...

Specializing in diagnosing problems with the jaws, face, tmj, teeth and oral cavity using state of the art green technology in a zen spa like environment

Dr. Russell says...

Dr Russell specializes in "smile makeovers" using state of the art dental technology to place dental implants and change lives!

Dr. Russell says...

Dr. Russell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Dental Tissue Neoplasm

Graduated in 1989

• Other Education
    Nursing

Completed in 1991

Dr. Russell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Russell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery